Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77

Thread: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

  1. #11
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    So you think they deserve a platform to launch anti-American propaganda? Why?
    Do they deserve one? No. Is it going to happen as a side product of public justice? Yes. Do I think it will be effective? Not even a little bit.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Really. Words are Harmless

    So how did Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and rest of the murderers get to power? A picture show?

    Are you really this naive?
    Read your history. They had a lot more than words. Why are you conservatives so afraid of words? I just do not understand that.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    How is the harmful? Freedom of speech?
    There are at least 3 posts in this very thread explaining it to you.

    Its giving terrorists a platform to lie and recruit new members.

    Now answer my question.

    Explain how civilian court is better than military court for these guys and explain how we are safer by doing it.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #14
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Read your history. They had a lot more than words. Why are you conservatives so afraid of words? I just do not understand that.
    If you cannot see how giving a terrorist an open mic is a bad thing then there is no hope for you at all.

    Thanks for ignoring the link to how they use the internet to recruit.

    It just displays your inability to argue the point by running away from the facts.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    If you cannot see how giving a terrorist an open mic is a bad thing then there is no hope for you at all.

    Thanks for ignoring the link to how they use the internet to recruit.

    It just displays your inability to argue the point by running away from the facts.
    Hint: this is the internet age. Terrorists do have an open mic. The only person this guy whose name I cannot even begin to spell will convince are those already convinced.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    There are at least 3 posts in this very thread explaining it to you.

    Its giving terrorists a platform to lie and recruit new members.

    Now answer my question.

    Explain how civilian court is better than military court for these guys and explain how we are safer by doing it.
    So it is freedom of speech that is the thing that you claim is harmful. You say it's terrible because terrorists will be able to lie but does no else lie on TV with a viewing audience that is much larger than what the terrorists have? I can't really think of a reason why it's better for the military court than a civilian court for this case, can you? (besides your senseless platform arguement)

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    My gawd are you saying that there are forms of speech that are harmful to our country!!?

    What does this imply?!??

    ::Strokes goatee::

  8. #18
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hint: this is the internet age. Terrorists do have an open mic. The only person this guy whose name I cannot even begin to spell will convince are those already convinced.
    So you are willing to risk more lives on that assumption not supported by any facts whatsoever. Great idea.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #19
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    So it is freedom of speech that is the thing that you claim is harmful. You say it's terrible because terrorists will be able to lie but does no else lie on TV with a viewing audience that is much larger than what the terrorists have? I can't really think of a reason why it's better for the military court than a civilian court for this case, can you? (besides your senseless platform arguement)
    So you favor non US citizens getting an open mic to lie about this country, lie about their treatment and provide brand new propaganda material for recruiting more members.

    And of course this isn't harmful.

    You do realize these Terrorists who you are supporting here had direct knowledge and support in causeing the worst attack on US soil in history right?

    You do realize they are not US citizens right?

    Are you claiming that these Islamic terrorists have the same rights as US citizens?

    This is your claim?

    Put your cards on the table.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lawyer: 9/11 defendants want platform for views

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    So you are willing to risk more lives on that assumption not supported by any facts whatsoever. Great idea.
    I do not see a risk. The views are out there to any who want to see them. Further, I do not think it is wise to always choose the course of least risk. We could make the country alot safer by withdrawing all our troops home and using them to vigorously defend our borders, and deny any outside person access to this country. We would be safer, but I don't think it would be wise to do.

    I think the difference between you and I is I am not afraid of people saying things I don't like. It's going to happen, and I think we as a people are strong enough to withstand people offering extremist views.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •