Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 206

Thread: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

  1. #1
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Remember, the liberal media doesn't exist

    Sarah Palin is no normal politician, and at the Associated Press, apparently "Going Rogue" is no normal book.

    When the former Republican vice presidential candidate and former Alaska governor wrote her autobiography, the AP found a copy before its release date and assigned 11 people to fact check all 432 pages.

    The AP claims Palin misstated her record with regard to travel expenses and taxpayer-funded bailouts, using statements widely reported elsewhere. But it also speculated into Palin's motives for writing "Going Rogue: An American Life," stating as fact that the book "has all the characteristics of a pre-campaign manifesto."

    Palin quickly hit back on a Facebook post titled "Really? Still Making Things Up?"

    "Imagine that," the post read. "11 AP reporters dedicating time and resources to tearing up the book, instead of using the time and resources to 'fact check' what's going on with Sheik Mohammed's trial, Pelosi's health care takeover costs, Hasan's associations, etc. Amazing."

    The organization did not review for accuracy recent books by the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, then-Sen. Joe Biden, either book by Barack Obama released before he was president or autobiographies by Bill or Hillary Clinton. The AP did more traditional news stories on those books.


    This really is shameless. 0 for liberal books but Palin gets 11 fact checkers

    AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check' - FOXNews.com
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #2
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    this is easy to explain-

    The media refuse's to fact check Liberals because they're afraid of what they'll find.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  3. #3
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Remember, the liberal media doesn't exist

    Sarah Palin is no normal politician, and at the Associated Press, apparently "Going Rogue" is no normal book.

    When the former Republican vice presidential candidate and former Alaska governor wrote her autobiography, the AP found a copy before its release date and assigned 11 people to fact check all 432 pages.

    The AP claims Palin misstated her record with regard to travel expenses and taxpayer-funded bailouts, using statements widely reported elsewhere. But it also speculated into Palin's motives for writing "Going Rogue: An American Life," stating as fact that the book "has all the characteristics of a pre-campaign manifesto."

    Palin quickly hit back on a Facebook post titled "Really? Still Making Things Up?"

    "Imagine that," the post read. "11 AP reporters dedicating time and resources to tearing up the book, instead of using the time and resources to 'fact check' what's going on with Sheik Mohammed's trial, Pelosi's health care takeover costs, Hasan's associations, etc. Amazing."

    The organization did not review for accuracy recent books by the late Sen. Ted Kennedy, then-Sen. Joe Biden, either book by Barack Obama released before he was president or autobiographies by Bill or Hillary Clinton. The AP did more traditional news stories on those books.


    This really is shameless. 0 for liberal books but Palin gets 11 fact checkers

    AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check' - FOXNews.com
    i find it interesting that you omitted this part of the article:

    The attraction to Palin doesn't appear to be partisan, since AP didn't fact-check recent political tomes by Republicans Rudy Giuliani or Newt Gingrich.[/go figure.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #4
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Considering the interviews and comedic mockery involving Palin during the Presidential campaign, it's not at all surprising that they are putting her under so much scrutiny. I really don't think it's a partisan move, because as the above poster pointed out; they would be fact checking all right wing books and not just hers. Does this justify their absurd fact checking? Not at all. They are merely doing it because she's still a hot topic and any story about her is going to make for good ratings/sales/etc. It's more about sensationalism than political bias.

  5. #5
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    i'm the above poster.....lol.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #6
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    It IS Partisan, but it's also personal. There is a real hate for Palin on the left... The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #7
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    It IS Partisan, but it's also personal. There is a real hate for Palin on the left... The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    i have to tell you, i'm a liberal and i adore her and all she's done for the republican party.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #8
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,135
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Never in the history of politics, have I ever seen anyone attacked the way the media has attacked Palin. If she had stolen millions from the Alaskan treasury, or was a grand wizard of the KKK, then I might understand it. The only thing she's done, is dare to be a very popular conservative woman.

    What's so funny is, they invest so much time and resources attacking the woman, while at the same time proclaiming she's a "joke" and she doesn't matter politically. If she doesn't matter, then why is she such big news to them?

    .
    Last edited by Grim17; 11-18-09 at 05:06 PM.

  9. #9
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i have to tell you, i'm a liberal and i adore her and all she's done for the republican party.

    Tongue firmly implanted in cheek no doubt..... Look, the reason that the AP does what they do concerning Palin, or the Daily Show, SNL, or for that matter Newsweek, who this week stole a photo from a running magazine to try and embarrass her, is two fold, they hate her to the point of mental illness, and 2, they are scared ****less of her.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #10
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Never in the history of politics, have I ever seen anyone attacked the way the media has attacked Palin. If she had stolen millions from the Alaskan treasury, or was a grand wizard of the KKK, then I might understand it. The only thing she's done, is dare to be a very popular conservative woman.

    What's so funny is, they invest so much time and resources attacking the woman, while at the same time proclaiming she's a "joke" and she doesn't matter politically. If she doesn't matter, then why is she such big news to them?

    .
    she's a train wreck. that's why. she keeps herself in the spotlight, why shouldn't she have to deal with the glare?

    are you telling me you actually take her seriously?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •