Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 206

Thread: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

  1. #51
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    There's no way she would so that's a moot question.
    Back in early 2007 there was no way Obama would beat Clinton....



    Why do you think we are so anxious for the GOP to take the bait.
    Because that would be the only way for you to continue your Palin obsession fetish.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  2. #52
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    What did you expect? She can't write. She's not a writer. She has no original thoughts and can't organize the unoriginal ones she does have.
    Oh,so you read the book I take it?
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  3. #53
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    AP is simply making a business move. Devoting 11 reporters to fact check increases the chance they will find something to report. That will then create a media frenzy, as the left jumps to attack her and the right tries to defend. In the process, AP will make a nice profit with all the attention on their story. It is the same reason that Micheal Jackson had more than 11 reporters covering his death: reporting stuff about famous people sells papers. Never attribute to partisanship what can more easily attributed to greed.

    For the record, I disagree with AP's choice, they would be better served by fact-checking politicians who are writing laws that are infinitely more important than a celebrity book.

  4. #54
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    For the record, I disagree with AP's choice, they would be better served by fact-checking politicians who are writing laws that are infinitely more important than a celebrity book.
    No doubt. They could actually be doing the public a great service.

  5. #55
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    Back in early 2007 there was no way Obama would beat Clinton....




    Not true. I don't think anyone discounted Obama's chances. He was a strong contender from 2004 on. Hilary looked like...and was a strong foe...but I don't know anyone who didn't think Obama had a very good chance.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #56
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-03-11 @ 03:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    174

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    11 reporters to fact check 1 book?

    As for some claiming AP is "left wing" because of this.. how fast the right forgets how AP brown nosed the McCain campaign quite a few times during the election.. then they were okay right?
    No they were not okay. The AP is largely the reason why McCain was the Republican candidate. Several good candidates couldn't get their name in an AP story unless they killed someone. McCain, the liberal wiener that he is, was the MSM's ideal Republican. Soft on all the topics that half the country cares about.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    But suspect they fact checked Palins book for following reasons.

    She is a popular person in some circles and very unpopular in others.. aka a highly controversial known person. Non of the others mentioned so far get anywhere near her at the present time. Plus Palin herself is pushing her book big time everywhere, which ups the media and general interest (both negative and positive)
    Obama fit that category in 2007 and 2008, yet they never even asked him hard questions. Where was the extensive investigations into his youth, his education, his friends and acquaintances from his previous jobs, etc? Yet when Palin was announced, they sent dozens of people to check into everything she had ever been involved with from grade school up.

    Do you mean to tell us that you don't see the difference in the treatment here?



    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Also because of Palin's "past history" with bending the facts and truth, then it is only wise to fact check her supposed own book is it not?

    But saying that, putting 11 reporters on it .. overkill... and waste of resources... but then again fact checking is not the strong suit of American media these days is it now..... maybe they out of practice!
    Again, selective memory. Obama's books have proven to have glaring, blatant "errors" concerning just about every aspect of his life. Yet these go largely unreported in the MSM. Maybe if the AP had dedicated 11 reporters to investigating Obama in the two years leading up to the election we might have had a different outcome.


    For the record, I voted for McCain only because the other option was totally unacceptable. Palin was the only one expressing even a small part of my beliefs on the final campaign trail. Had Americans been given equal access to information and interviews with all candidates without the typical liberal slant on every story, McCain would never have been the Republican nominee. And the world would be a better place.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i find it interesting that you omitted this part of the article:

    The attraction to Palin doesn't appear to be partisan, since AP didn't fact-check recent political tomes by Republicans Rudy Giuliani or Newt Gingrich.[/go figure.
    Neither Rudy or Newt look good in a bikini, that's why.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    Never in the history of politics, have I ever seen anyone attacked the way the media has attacked Palin. If she had stolen millions from the Alaskan treasury, or was a grand wizard of the KKK, then I might understand it. The only thing she's done, is dare to be a very popular conservative woman.

    What's so funny is, they invest so much time and resources attacking the woman, while at the same time proclaiming she's a "joke" and she doesn't matter politically. If she doesn't matter, then why is she such big news to them?

    .
    So John Kerry was not attacked by the Media?

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    So John Kerry was not attacked by the Media?
    It's cause he was a hippie. Can't trust 'em.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    They are scared because Palin was able to motivate the group of Americans who are usually quiet, polite, and unobtrusive. Palin was, in effect, and probably unintentionally the basis of what is a growing movement of people who are sick of politics as usual. Sick of republicans, sick of democrats, sick of insane spending and trying to micromanage the lives of individuals. They are sick of supporting those who want to sit on their a**es and collect a check, while they work hard and struggle to take care of their own families. They are sick of the nanny state, both personal and corporate, they are sick of special interests, and they are sick of hearing people scream everytime the word "god" is spoken. I could go on, but you probably get the gist.

    Palin ran on the republican ticket, but she is not representative of what has become the republican party- or maybe it always was the republican party, and many people just had no clue. Whatever the case, lots of people are extremely disenfranchised with politics as usual, and she is the antithesis of the standard politician.
    Biden has never quit on his constituants in midstream.

    Biden was picked as a VP running mate by a candidate who actually won the presidentcy.

    How about the ex-gov Palin?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •