Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 206

Thread: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

  1. #31
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Do you have proof to back this up? If this were really a smear for purely partisan reasons, why didn't they fact check all other right wing books? Why just Palin? And no, I don't need to hear more regurgitated talking points about how the "Libbos" are terrified of her.
    Do you have proof to back up what you're saying? Or, are we both just expressing an opinon? Lemme' guess, you're right, because you said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #32
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do you have proof to back up what you're saying? Or, are we both just expressing an opinon? Lemme' guess, you're right, because you said it.
    Well, I'd say the fact that they are just fact checking her book and haven't fact checked other right wing books is a good indicator that it isn't for purely partisan reasons. What do you have to back your assertion up?

  3. #33
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    The FEAR of Sarah Palin has generated on everyone left center is unprecedented, and the attacks from the Lame Stream Obamedia is having an effect the Socialist/Marxist leadership didn't account for. They have caused such a backlash that Sarah's appearance on Oprah got the Highest rating Oprah had in two years and much higher then even Rock Star Obama.
    At a book signing going on right now there are over 1500 people waiting to see her. I just found out that in some Cities she drew larger crowds thatn Obama during the campaign last year.

    Do I support her if she runs for President? Not right now we have a lot of time for us to decide and for Sarah to get the kind of political advise that could make a huge difference by the time the election comes around.

    In the mean time we can expect the Liberals to keep making the mistake of making Sarah Palin front page news. The old adage "Any publicity is good publicity." is very true when adverse publicity is so obviously partisan.

    I THINK THE FUNNIEST THING I ALL OF THIS IS THE GRANOLA LIBERALS ARE SUDDENLY CONCERNED ABOUT HONESTY WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN FALLING FOR LIES FROM OBAMA, PELOSI, REID AND OTHER SOCIALIST/MARXISTS AND NOT ONLY LICK UP THE LIES BUT GO OUT AND DEFEND THEM WHEN THE LIES FROM THIS BUNCH ARE DELIBERATELY DESTROYING THE ECONOMY AND WITH IT THE NATION. ALL WHILE IGNORING THE CONSTITUTION. GOOD JOB LIBS
    Last edited by Councilman; 11-18-09 at 06:37 PM.

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Well, I'd say the fact that they are just fact checking her book and haven't fact checked other right wing books is a good indicator that it isn't for purely partisan reasons. What do you have to back your assertion up?
    How many Left wing books have ever been fact checked like this? Can you name one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #35
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    11 reporters to fact check 1 book?

    As for some claiming AP is "left wing" because of this.. how fast the right forgets how AP brown nosed the McCain campaign quite a few times during the election.. then they were okay right?

    But suspect they fact checked Palins book for following reasons.

    She is a popular person in some circles and very unpopular in others.. aka a highly controversial known person. Non of the others mentioned so far get anywhere near her at the present time. Plus Palin herself is pushing her book big time everywhere, which ups the media and general interest (both negative and positive)

    Also because of Palin's "past history" with bending the facts and truth, then it is only wise to fact check her supposed own book is it not?

    But saying that, putting 11 reporters on it .. overkill... and waste of resources... but then again fact checking is not the strong suit of American media these days is it now..... maybe they out of practice!
    PeteEU

  6. #36
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many Left wing books have ever been fact checked like this? Can you name one?
    Your point being? That proves even more that they aren't doing it for partisan reasons. They are doing it because the spotlight is still on Sarah Palin and because they know it will garner ratings.

  7. #37
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Your point being? That proves even more that they aren't doing it for partisan reasons. They are doing it because the spotlight is still on Sarah Palin and because they know it will garner ratings.
    Yeah, ok, whatever, dude. All because you said it, huh?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #38
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, ok, whatever, dude. All because you said it, huh?...
    Then where is your proof? I'm still waiting. I could see your point if there were other right wing books that they were fact checking, but there aren't. Care to try again?

  9. #39
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Then where is your proof? I'm still waiting. I could see your point if there were other right wing books that they were fact checking, but there aren't. Care to try again?
    The proof is in the puddin'. Can you show me a single Left wing author that got this kind of scrutiny, by any media outlet, ever?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #40
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The proof is in the puddin'. Can you show me a single Left wing author that got this kind of scrutiny, by any media outlet, ever?
    There hasn't been a single Left wing author that has garnered as much attention as Sarah Palin has. I'll clue you in as to why she has garnered such attention:

    1. She was the first female Republican vice-presidential candidate
    2. She did interviews where she was made a fool of due to lack of preparation or whatever.
    3. She was mocked by SNL countless times in skits that are now absolute classics that are being compared to skits from the early days of SNL when the show was actually good and cutting edge.
    4. During the Vice-Presidential debate she ignored questions and talked about what she wanted to talk about.

    Essentially she marches to the beat of her own drum and while that is admirable it does tend to garner attention. If there was a person on the left who had garnered such attention they would be scrutinizing it just as much.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •