Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 206

Thread: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Why do you liberals start so many threads about Palin?

    That is a joke that just keeps on working...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #22
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    What's so funny is, they invest so much time and resources attacking the woman, while at the same time proclaiming she's a "joke" and she doesn't matter politically. If she doesn't matter, then why is she such big news to them?

    .
    Because they are scared to death of people like her. Any time you see ideologues screaming about someone, it's because they are worried.

  3. #23
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    she's a train wreck. that's why. she keeps herself in the spotlight, why shouldn't she have to deal with the glare?
    Here's where I call "Bull Chips".

    Joe Biden is a certified "train wreck" not only to conservatives, but to democrats as well. Every time he speaks publicly, he undermines the administration and plants his foot firmly in his mouth. He has made more gaffs in the first 10 months of this administration, as well as on the campaign trail, then the last half dozen VP's have in their entire political careers.

    We see Biden as an embarrassment and a huge liability to the democratic party, so the last thing in the world we would ever want to do is destroy the man. We laugh when he screws up, and then we move on.

    You people on the left claim that she isn't a political threat to democrats, but instead a political asset. You tout her prominence in the republican party as a dream come true, and claim if she runs for office, it will assure democratic victory at the polls... Yet on nearly a daily basis, democratic pundits, the liberal media and people like you, expend huge amounts of time and energy trying to destroy the woman by discrediting her words, and convincing people of how politically irrelevant she is.

    Sorry, but your actions speak 10 times louder than your words ever will.


    are you telling me you actually take her seriously?
    Absolutely.

    I don't know if I would ever vote for her or not... only time will tell... but she sure as hell has my attention. Sarah Palin has qualities that I think this country is in desperate need of. She is a plain spoken, down to earth woman, that has 10 years of successful political service, including executive experience as governor. She is the only prominent politician from either side of the isle, that has taken on the corruption within their own party, and isn't afraid to call a spade, a spade.

    As time goes on, we'll see who she is, and what she's made of.

    .

  4. #24
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    What exactly are they scared of at this point? Perhaps during the campaign they were scared of her being the vice-President, but now?
    They are scared because Palin was able to motivate the group of Americans who are usually quiet, polite, and unobtrusive. Palin was, in effect, and probably unintentionally the basis of what is a growing movement of people who are sick of politics as usual. Sick of republicans, sick of democrats, sick of insane spending and trying to micromanage the lives of individuals. They are sick of supporting those who want to sit on their a**es and collect a check, while they work hard and struggle to take care of their own families. They are sick of the nanny state, both personal and corporate, they are sick of special interests, and they are sick of hearing people scream everytime the word "god" is spoken. I could go on, but you probably get the gist.

    Palin ran on the republican ticket, but she is not representative of what has become the republican party- or maybe it always was the republican party, and many people just had no clue. Whatever the case, lots of people are extremely disenfranchised with politics as usual, and she is the antithesis of the standard politician.
    Last edited by lizzie; 11-18-09 at 06:15 PM.

  5. #25
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    They're not scared of her. Sarah Palin is a straw man. If she represents conservatism, then American liberals will bash her accent, that she left the governorship, etc. It's an easy target so that they don't have to really debate political theory.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Considering the interviews and comedic mockery involving Palin during the Presidential campaign, it's not at all surprising that they are putting her under so much scrutiny. I really don't think it's a partisan move, because as the above poster pointed out; they would be fact checking all right wing books and not just hers. Does this justify their absurd fact checking? Not at all. They are merely doing it because she's still a hot topic and any story about her is going to make for good ratings/sales/etc. It's more about sensationalism than political bias.
    It's so non-partisan, that they're not fact checking anyone's work.

    This is nothing less than the fear the Leftists have of Palin. They all know, that if she went un-molested by the Liberal smear machine, she would be sitting in the Oval Office on 21 January '13.

    The Libbos won't allow the Republicans to elect the first woman president.

    It's a good thing Obama is a left field Liberal. There's no telling how many watermelon jokes David Letterman would have told, if he had been a Conservative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    They are scared because Palin was able to motivate the group of Americans who are usually quiet, polite, and unobtrusive. Palin was, in effect, and probably unintentionally the basis of what is a growing movement of people who are sick of politics as usual. Sick of republicans, sick of democrats, sick of insane spending and trying to micromanage the lives of individuals. They are sick of supporting those who want to sit on their a**es and collect a check, while they work hard and struggle to take care of their own families. They are sick of the nanny state, both personal and corporate, they are sick of special interests, and they are sick of hearing people scream everytime the word "god" is spoken. I could go on, but you probably get the gist.
    Personally I never got the hype that people had about her. She did seem a bit more genuine than most politicians, but as I said earlier I think it's more due to the fact that she isn't really cut out for that world. Much of the hype around Palin reminds me of a lot of the hype that surrounded Obama. She's very pretty and smart, but I honestly don't see what is so special about her.

    Palin ran on the republican ticket, but she is not representative of what has become the republican party- or maybe it always was the republican party, and many people just had no clue. Whatever the case, lots of people are extremely disenfranchised with politics as usual, and she is the antithesis of the standard politician.
    Lots of people have been disenfranchised by politics for a long time. This certainly isn't a new development.

  8. #28
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's so non-partisan, that they're not fact checking anyone's work.
    I don't think Palin's political affiliation has anything to do with the fact checking. As I said before, it's because she's still a hot topic and by scrutinizing every little thing like they have in the past it almost guarantees ratings.

    This is nothing less than the fear the Leftists have of Palin. They all know, that if she went un-molested by the Liberal smear machine, she would be sitting in the Oval Office on 21 January '13.
    And this is based on? Sorry, but this totally reads like a regurgitated right wing talking point.

    The Libbos won't allow the Republicans to elect the first woman president.
    As does this.

    It's a good thing Obama is a left field Liberal. There's no telling how many watermelon jokes David Letterman would have told, if he had been a Conservative.
    Yeah, because only Liberals are capable of political bias.

  9. #29
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I don't think Palin's political affiliation has anything to do with the fact checking. As I said before, it's because she's still a hot topic and by scrutinizing every little thing like they have in the past it almost guarantees ratings.
    yeah, right...

    You can bet your sweet ass that this wouldn't happen to a Liberal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #30
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    yeah, right...

    You can bet your sweet ass that this wouldn't happen to a Liberal.
    Do you have proof to back this up? If this were really a smear for purely partisan reasons, why didn't they fact check all other right wing books? Why just Palin? And no, I don't need to hear more regurgitated talking points about how the "Libbos" are terrified of her.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •