Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 201 to 206 of 206

Thread: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

  1. #201
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post

    I provided a link with the entire video of the event, which proved you wrong, and when I pointed that out, you ran away. Your liberal media rants are a great cheat...anything inconvenient you can just dismiss with "it's just liberal media", and ignore, without ever really addressing anything.
    I did respond.... I laughed at your left wing fact check.org and pointed out it is funded by the Annenberg Foundation... you know, that place where Ayres and Barry worked together. Your proof was like asking the Mafia if Gotti was a crook.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    UNfortunately, we'll never know.
    you left some letters out.
    I fixed it.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #203
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Source = FACT CHECK: Palin's book goes rogue on some facts - Yahoo! News

    Quote Originally Posted by Source
    PALIN: Says she made frugality a point when traveling on state business as Alaska governor, asking "only" for reasonably priced rooms and not "often" going for the "high-end, robe-and-slippers" hotels.
    THE FACTS: Although travel records indicate she usually opted for less-pricey hotels while governor, Palin and daughter Bristol stayed five days and four nights at the $707.29-per-night Essex House luxury hotel (robes and slippers come standard) overlooking New York City's Central Park for a five-hour women's leadership conference in October 2007. With air fare, the cost to Alaska was well over $3,000. Event organizers said Palin asked if she could bring her daughter. The governor billed her state more than $20,000 for her children's travel, including to events where they had not been invited, and in some cases later amended expense reports to specify that they had been on official business.

    ARE YOU ****ING ****TING ME? THIS IS 'GOING ROGUE' ON FACTS?


    Someone give the AP a ****ing thesaurus for christ's sake.


    Pay attention to the bolded words above, ignored by the AP.


    Quote Originally Posted by Source

    PALIN: Boasts that she ran her campaign for governor on small donations, mostly from first-time givers, and turned back large checks from big donors if her campaign perceived a conflict of interest.
    THE FACTS: Of the roughly $1.3 million she raised for her primary and general election campaigns for governor, more than half came from people and political action committees giving at least $500, according to an AP analysis of her campaign finance reports. The maximum that individual donors could give was $1,000; $2,000 for a PAC.

    Are you ****ing ****ting me?
    This isn't 'going rogue on facts' this is being honest, again.
    WTF is wrong with the AP? Were they being paid by their liberal overlords to find something, ANYTHING, that was a lie?


    500 bucks is not what I consider LARGE CHECKS when it comes to campaign contributions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Source
    PALIN: Rails against taxpayer-financed bailouts, which she attributes to Obama. She recounts telling daughter Bristol that to succeed in business, "you'll have to be brave enough to fail."
    THE FACTS: Palin is blurring the lines between Obama's stimulus plan — a $787 billion package of tax cuts, state aid, social programs and government contracts — and the federal bailout that Republican presidential candidate John McCain voted for and President George W. Bush signed.
    Palin's views on bailouts appeared to evolve as McCain's vice presidential running mate. In September 2008, she said "taxpayers cannot be looked to as the bailout, as the solution, to the problems on Wall Street." A week later, she said "ultimately what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up our economy."
    During the vice presidential debate in October, Palin praised McCain for being "instrumental in bringing folks together" to pass the $700 billion bailout. After that, she said "it is a time of crisis and government did have to step in."

    Its nice to know that they don't give us much details to what Palin really said, but the explanation goes on 3 paragraphs later. Also, if all else fails, throw a bunch of one liner quotes followed by your own paraphrasing of what she meant.

    Its also interesting for them to try to say that she is 'going rogue' on facts by bringing up what she told her daughter about being successful in business. Would you consider any of the companies that had to be bailed out successful? I wouldn't....

    Off of a one liner "from Palin" the explanation goes too deep without letting us know exactly what they are saying she was lying about, so no score for the AP here either without more detail as to what Palin's book says.

    Palin 3, AP 0.

    Quote Originally Posted by Source
    PALIN: Says Ronald Reagan faced an even worse recession than the one that appears to be ending now, and "showed us how to get out of one. If you want real job growth, cut capital gains taxes and slay the death tax once and for all."
    THE FACTS: The estate tax, which some call the death tax, was not repealed under Reagan and capital gains taxes are lower now than when Reagan was president.
    Economists overwhelmingly say the current recession is far worse. The recession Reagan faced lasted for 16 months; this one is in its 23rd month. The recession of the early 1980s did not have a financial meltdown. Unemployment peaked at 10.8 percent, worse than the October 2009 high of 10.2 percent, but the jobless rate is still expected to climb.
    A. What economists say about the 'current recession' is moot because the situation as it stood WHEN SHE WROTE THIS is more relevant than to NOW.
    B. Can you seriously hold what is to be EXPECTED (aka hasn't even happened yet) against her in a book that she wrote months/year ago? Give me a ****ing break.
    C. I didn't see a statement of hers saying that Reagan slayed the death tax. She listed it as a part of how to get out of one, but I don't see her saying that Reagan actually slayed it.


    Palin 4 AP 0


    Quote Originally Posted by Source

    PALIN: She says her team overseeing the development of a natural gas pipeline set up an open, competitive bidding process that allowed any company to compete for the right to build a 1,715-mile pipeline to bring natural gas from Alaska to the Lower 48.
    THE FACTS: Palin characterized the pipeline deal the same way before an AP investigation found her team crafted terms that favored only a few independent pipeline companies and ultimately benefited a company with ties to her administration, TransCanada Corp. Despite promises and legal guidance not to talk directly with potential bidders during the process, Palin had meetings or phone calls with nearly every major candidate, including TransCanada.
    Hmm... no explanation as to WHY the 'terms were crafted in a way that favored blah blah'? Then no dice on that one either AP. No explanation as to what those terms are? Are we supposed to just take the AP's word for it? I don't think so.
    No explanation of what the ties TransCanada Corp had with her administration? No dice AP, no Dice. Im not going to just believe everything you say...
    You say she had meetings with every major candidate? Sounds open and competitive to me....


    Palin 5 AP 0
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    cont (I had to take a break)

    Quote Originally Posted by Source
    PALIN: Criticizes an aide to her predecessor, Gov. Frank Murkowski, for a conflict of interest because the aide represented the state in negotiations over a gas pipeline and then left to work as a handsomely paid lobbyist for ExxonMobil. Palin asserts her administration ended all such arrangements, shoving a wedge in the revolving door between special interests and the state capital.
    THE FACTS: Palin ignores her own "revolving door" issue in office; the leader of her own pipeline team was a former lobbyist for a subsidiary of TransCanada, the company that ended up winning the rights to build the pipeline.
    If the AP isn't full of **** on the connections of the leader of the pipeline team, then...


    Palin 5 AP 1


    Quote Originally Posted by Source
    PALIN: Writes about a city councilman in Wasilla, Alaska, who owned a garbage truck company and tried to push through an ordinance requiring residents of new subdivisions to pay for trash removal instead of taking it to the dump for free — this to illustrate conflicts of interest she stood against as a public servant.
    THE FACTS: As Wasilla mayor, Palin pressed for a special zoning exception so she could sell her family's $327,000 house, then did not keep a promise to remove a potential fire hazard on the property.
    She asked the city council to loosen rules for snow machine races when she and her husband owned a snow machine store, and cast a tie-breaking vote to exempt taxes on aircraft when her father-in-law owned one. But she stepped away from the table in 1997 when the council considered a grant for the Iron Dog snow machine race in which her husband competes.
    The AP sure loves to give us very vauge "because we said so" explanations on some of this stuff.
    I'd like to say I believe them, but I'd like to know more about their "facts" than what they have provided since their "facts" read like an opponent's campaign advertisement, someone running against Palin. Even down to the "SHE EVEN FAILED TO KEEP A PROMISE TO REMOVE THE FIRE HAZARD ZOMFG!"


    Also, can the AP prove that the rules on snow machine RACES had anything to do with profits made by the STORE?

    Palin 6 AP 1


    I'll continue the rest of these 'facts' later I gotta go to bed, im getting bored.
    Last edited by Caine; 11-21-09 at 04:30 AM.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #205
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    I did respond.... I laughed at your left wing fact check.org and pointed out it is funded by the Annenberg Foundation... you know, that place where Ayres and Barry worked together.
    Ah, yes, that makes it worthless.

  6. #206
    Student
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-03-11 @ 03:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    174

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    FACT CHECK: Palin's book goes rogue on some facts - Yahoo! News

    Do you have any thoughts on this? I don't have an opinion on them one way or another, I'm just curious what people on the right think about this stuff.
    My thoughts:

    Is that all they could come up with on her? Seriously, these are the "Big Lies" that she was caught in? No sleeping with her boss, buying a home for below market value from someone who she had helped to get very large public contracts, no buying a strip of the adjacent lot for below market value that then made the other lot too small to build on, etc? No tax fraud, no taking bribes from the FBI, no accepting a $100 million bribe to vote for something the citizens have voted 2 to 1 against?

    There were more quantity and more substantial discrepancies in Obama's books, but you can't find any MSM news stories about those.

    Mice nuts in comparison to the lies told by liberals in their books, yet hers gets all the attention?

    This whole thing proves liberal bias in the news better than any other argument could.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •