Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 206

Thread: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

  1. #181
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    What I personally love are all the attributes and whining...

    blablabla ... what's the big deal?

    blablabla ... what's with all the outrage?


    It's the only way to belittle and ridicule an issue so it's not discussed - if it's shut down and not spoken about, it's much better for liberals and those with bias. Alinsky's tactic, #5:
    Both Liberals and Conservatives display outrage over silly issues like this. They mainly do it for partisan reasons. I don't see this issue as being any different. Feel free to discuss the issue all you want. I'm merely expressing my opinion.

  2. #182
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    And that issue has been discussed to death.
    Then you agree that the outrage is not wholly based on the fact that the book was checked, as you originally stated.

    What do you have to say about the inaccuracies that they found?
    I'm glad the press did its job.
    Its -supposed- to do this sort of thing, and it is -supposed- to do this sort of thing regardless of the party of the author.

    Don't you agree?

  3. #183
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Not at all. I would certainly characterize what is happening her and on various right wing pundit shows as outrage. I would do the same if the issue were reversed and it was liberals who were outraged.

    I guess we'd have to take your word for that....


    Here's the article that they did:

    FACT CHECK: Palin's book goes rogue on some facts - Yahoo! News

    Do you have any thoughts on this? I don't have an opinion on them one way or another, I'm just curious what people on the right think about this stuff.

    Really? No opinion one way or another? Oh, and my bad, they have 12 here, that is 1.1 per checker....Whew! I am glad they could each at least have one, even though they seem rather spinish and thin, considering that she is a politician, and that the same scrutiny applied to any of the politicans on that level could dig up the same type of tripe.


    In fact, I think I'd fire the fact checkers. Then the editor that made the foolish decision to sick them on the book in the first place....is there NOTHING more important that the AP should be focusing on today?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #184
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Then you agree that the outrage is not wholly based on the fact that the book was checked, as you originally stated.
    No, the outrage is based on the perception of many on the right that the "liberal media" is picking on Sarah Palin purely because she's a Conservative and because liberals are terrified of her. Does that about cover it? Yeah, it's been discussed to death for pages and pages. I'm asking a legitimate question that has to do with the topic because I'm honestly curious what people on the right think about these alleged inaccuracies that were found.

    I'm glad the press did its job.
    Its -supposed- to do this sort of thing, and it is -supposed- to do this sort of thing regardless of the party of the author.

    Don't you agree?
    Absolutely. I don't think it has to do with her party, though, as I've expressed several times before. If it did, they would have fact checked other right wing books. It's because Palin is a polarizing figure and pretty much will guarantee ratings. Why do you think she got such high ratings on Oprah? It's not because she's such a wonderful person. It's because people both on the right and left will tune in just to see what she is going to say.

  5. #185
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Really? No opinion one way or another? Oh, and my bad, they have 12 here, that is 1.1 per checker....Whew! I am glad they could each at least have one, even though they seem rather spinish and thin, considering that she is a politician, and that the same scrutiny applied to any of the politicans on that level could dig up the same type of tripe.


    In fact, I think I'd fire the fact checkers. Then the editor that made the foolish decision to sick them on the book in the first place....is there NOTHING more important that the AP should be focusing on today?
    Yeah I don't have an opinion. I'm certainly not going to take what the AP says as gospel considering their motive behind doing the fact check. If they were interested in revealing the truth they would fact check books from other people both on the right and the left and not just Sarah Palin because she equals ratings. It's pathetic.

  6. #186
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    No, the outrage is based on the perception of many on the right that the "liberal media" is picking on Sarah Palin purely because she's a Conservative and because liberals are terrified of her.
    As I said:
    Seems to me the outrage is that Palin's book was forefully fact checked by the AP -and- The Obama's was not.
    The -and- is important.

    Does that about cover it? Yeah, it's been discussed to death for pages and pages.
    Given that this is the subject of the OP, that makes sense.

    I'm asking a legitimate question that has to do with the topic because I'm honestly curious what people on the right think about these alleged inaccuracies that were found.
    And I answered it.

    Absolutely. I don't think it has to do with her party, though, as I've expressed several times before. If it did, they would have fact checked other right wing books. It's because Palin is a polarizing figure and pretty much will guarantee ratings.
    Ok... and so what 'polarizing figures' on the left did the AP fact-check with such force? Bill? Hillary? Gore? The Obama?

  7. #187
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Yeah I don't have an opinion. I'm certainly not going to take what the AP says as gospel considering their motive behind doing the fact check. If they were interested in revealing the truth they would fact check books from other people both on the right and the left and not just Sarah Palin because she equals ratings. It's pathetic.

    Well, I'll give you 'big ups' for that.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #188
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    As I said:
    Seems to me the outrage is that Palin's book was forefully fact checked by the AP -and- The Obama's was not.
    The -and- is important.
    Yes, and this issue has been discussed to death. That's why I asked what the people on the right thought of these alleged inaccuracies. I was trying to steer the conversation in a different direction so that it didn't keep on going around in circles.

    Given that this is the subject of the OP, that makes sense.
    There are other angles of the discussion as I have just shown.

    And I answered it.
    Good. Then why are you still replying to my posts? I'm not just asking you, btw. I'm asking other right wing people here as well.

    Ok... and so what 'polarizing figures' on the left did the AP fact-check with such force? Bill? Hillary? Gore? The Obama?
    I don't think there have been any polarizing figures on the left as big as Palin. The left simply doesn't have the balls to have someone that polarizing.

  9. #189
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Feel free to show where I have made a claim and not offered support when called on to do so. This thread makes a claim, that other books are not fact checked. I am simply asking since apparently some one knows this, to point out a source.
    Remember this?

    Originally Posted by Redress


    First return from search.
    That's one.... take note it is also a right wing book that was fact checked.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Redress
    And yet I can go to factcheck and politifact and find fact checking of books, despite you saying that it has only ever been done to Palin...
    It's noticed you still haven't done what you said you would.... wonder why that is?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  10. #190
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Okay, if you say so. It's kind of silly though.

    Here's a start: Books - The New York Times

    If you want me to go pick a "liberal" book, I can, but you're probably better equipped to do that.
    You'll have to point out where they devoted even one employee to fact checking even one book on that site.... so far, FAIL.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •