Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 206

Thread: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

  1. #151
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    It will die down only when the Left either a) sees that their tactics are backfiring or b) can't get any more traction out of their unrelenting assault on Sarah Palin. Or both.
    You got that right, sister. I predict it will the fore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #152
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, pove that. Show us one Leftist author that has been critiqued in the same fashion.
    What's "the same fashion" mean?

  3. #153
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    What's "the same fashion" mean?
    "In the same way" --- which means:

    1. By a national news organization
    2. With multiple employees of that national news organization
    3. The investigation (by said national news organization) started as soon as the book was released to the public
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #154
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    "In the same way" --- which means:

    1. By a national news organization
    2. With multiple employees of that national news organization
    3. The investigation (by said national news organization) started as soon as the book was released to the public
    1. Dozens of books by liberals are reviewed by national news organizations each year. That goes without saying.

    2. I don't have access to that information.

    3. Nor that.

    This is your big scandal?

    The reason the AP put so many reporters on this is because it was big news. That's it. How is putting alot of reporters on a story biased? Clearly, they find errors in liberal books too, and print them. I don't need to support that, it's absurd to suggest otherwise.

    Rightwingers are so paranoid and so full of their victim mentality sometimes.

  5. #155
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    1. Dozens of books by liberals are reviewed by national news organizations each year. That goes without saying.

    2. I don't have access to that information.

    3. Nor that.

    This is your big scandal?

    The reason the AP put so many reporters on this is because it was big news. That's it. How is putting alot of reporters on a story biased? Clearly, they find errors in liberal books too, and print them. I don't need to support that, it's absurd to suggest otherwise.

    Rightwingers are so paranoid and so full of their victim mentality sometimes.
    Let's see'em. We're still waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #156
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Let's see'em. We're still waiting.
    You want me to look up a "liberal" book that the MSM has reviewed for you? Really?

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You want me to look up a "liberal" book that the MSM has reviewed for you? Really?
    It's called backing up what you say. Lots of people don't do it, don't feel too ashamed if you can't either.

  8. #158
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You want me to look up a "liberal" book that the MSM has reviewed for you? Really?
    Yes, you made the claim, now support it. Your Libbo buddies are going to be really disappointed in you for producing the supporting docs. You notice, that since they couldn't do it, they all bailed from the thread. Right?

    Redress is big on documentation. It won't be long before she tells you to put up, or shut up and stop making them look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #159
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    1. Dozens of books by liberals are reviewed by national news organizations each year. That goes without saying.
    It needs to be defined - provide evidence for one of these "dozens".

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    2. I don't have access to that information.

    3. Nor that.
    That's unfortunate - so therefore the arguement (not yours per say but in general) that Palin's book being fact checked is not uncommon holds no water.


    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    This is your big scandal?
    Who's saying it's a scandal other than you?
    I'm simply pointing out the hypocrisy. I'm glad you agree it's hypocritical.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    The reason the AP put so many reporters on this is because it was big news. That's it. How is putting alot of reporters on a story biased? Clearly, they find errors in liberal books too, and print them. I don't need to support that, it's absurd to suggest otherwise.
    Then clearly, other non-fiction books in the past could be considered "big news", and therefore were investigated with equal interest as to the "facts". Can you name one in U.S. history?

    The point has been made that Obama's books, which were also "big news" in my opinion - was not fact checked "in this same fashion". So the question becomes - why wasn't it? You claim it's not due to bias, but just because it's "big news", so there must be in all our history, another "big news" book which garnered as much journalistic attention.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Rightwingers are so paranoid and so full of their victim mentality sometimes.
    It has nothing to do with paranoia, but has to do with fair application and a rejection of blatant hypocrisy. Liberals don't own victimization.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #160
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: AP Turns Heads for Devoting 11 Reporters to Palin Book 'Fact Check'

    "11 AP reporters dedicating time and resources to tearing up the book, instead of using the time and resources to 'fact check' what's going on with Sheik Mohammed's trial, Pelosi's health care takeover costs, Hasan's associations, etc. Amazing."
    I think the AP has reported on those as well. What is she so scared of?

    AP spokesman Paul Colford said the organization, with more than 4,000 employees, and 49 Pulitzer Prizes earned for asking the hard questions, has the luxury of putting multiple reporters on major stories. He confirmed 11 people worked on the story, but not all full-time. He refused to say, however, if similar number of journalists were assigned to review other political books, or if Palin has been treated differently.
    So she is news woop te doo. So is michael jackson.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •