Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 83

Thread: Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar

  1. #1
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar

    Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

    I think Sarah is learning as seen in this statement from the short clip where you hear Sarah say: "Clearer and clear everyday what I'm finding is you don't need a title to make a difference."

    By ANDY BARR | 11/16/09 2:28 PM EST
    In a much anticipated interview with television host Oprah Winfrey that aired Monday, Sarah Palin tamped down speculation that she might run for president in 2012 and took shots at CBS News’ Katie Couric, who conducted a series of interviews with the former Alaska governor that seriously damaged Palin’s standing in 2008.

    Palin’s appearance on Oprah, the first in a media blitz that includes several high profile interviews and an eight-state tour promoting her book, was taped last week and ran just prior to Tuesday’s release of her book “Going Rogue.”

    When asked about her plans for 2012, Palin said that a presidential run in two years is “not on my radar screen right now.”

    “I am dealing with so many issues that are important to me,” she said. “What I am seeing every day is that you don’t need a title to be important.”

    Palin – who resigned as governor of Alaska in June – said that she left office “because I wasn’t going to run for a second term” and that she felt she had already become a “lame duck.”

    “My dad’s quote sums it up: ‘She’s not retreating, she’s reloading,’” Palin said of her decision.

  2. #2
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar

    Don't fool yourself. She is running....no question.

    Now....we need to encourage the GOP to get behind her!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #3
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar

    Why do you liberals start all these threads about Palin?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Don't fool yourself. She is running....no question.

    Now....we need to encourage the GOP to get behind her!
    If your party wasn't scared to death of her chances, you'd ignore her. Where's the vitriol for Huckabee or Romney? Nope, it's all for ole Sarah.

    She resonates with people, and if she does nothing but point the Republicans back to their conservative roots, she is your worst nightmare.

    What is she? She's a SUCCESSFUL governor, a wife, and a mom from a real world - not a calculated ACORN attorney and "community organizer" hiding behind false Christian beliefs and proven empty rhetoric.

    People know this, disneydude, and it scares the high holy hell out of you. You'll never admit it though.
    Last edited by Erod; 11-16-09 at 06:41 PM.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I
    What is she? She's a SUCCESSFUL governor,
    She is a quitter.

  6. #6
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    If your party wasn't scared to death of her chances, you'd ignore her. Where's the vitriol for Huckabee or Romney? Nope, it's all for ole Sarah.

    She resonates with people, and if she does nothing but point the Republicans back to their conservative roots, she is your worst nightmare.

    What is she? She's a SUCCESSFUL governor, a wife, and a mom from a real world - not a calculated ACORN attorney and "community organizer" hiding behind false Christian beliefs.

    People know this, disneydude, and it scares the high holy hell out of you. You'll never admit it.
    Ignore her? Absolutely not. We WANT the GOP to nominate her...she'd be the easiest candidate to beat because she alienates everyone other than the right-wing base of the party. If she pushes the GOP further to the right in their social agenda...that can only help us on the left.

    You want to know what REALLY scares the holy hell out of us are that there are people in this country who would actually consider her to be a candidate to vote for. That's what is really scary.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #7
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Ignore her? Absolutely not. We WANT the GOP to nominate her...she'd be the easiest candidate to beat because she alienates everyone other than the right-wing base of the party. If she pushes the GOP further to the right in their social agenda...that can only help us on the left.
    Yeah, like Bush did in 2004?

    You don't want real conservatives. You can't beat real conservatives. I don't think she'll be the candidate in the end, but trust me, we all see through the talk.

    What you don't want to hear is that there aren't as many of you far lefties as you think. Obama was a vote of race and of objection of Replublican pandering to the left. A true conservative could fix that.

  8. #8
    Educator
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-15-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    802

    Re: Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar

    Didn't Obama say he had no interest in the presidency just a couple years before getting elected? I think it's far too soon for Palin to commit to a 2012 presidential run. She probably has advisors that will help her make the decision, and will treat it like Clinton did 2004. If she doesn't think Obama can be beat in 2012, she'll probably wait until 2016 when she's not facing a reelection campaign.

  9. #9
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Yeah, like Bush did in 2004?

    You don't want real conservatives. You can't beat real conservatives. I don't think she'll be the candidate in the end, but trust me, we all see through the talk.

    What you don't want to hear is that there aren't as many of you far lefties as you think. Obama was a vote of race and of objection of Replublican pandering to the left. A true conservative could fix that.
    You are wrong on many levels here.

    I would relish in a TRUE conservative....in the vein of Goldwater. However, "conservative" these days has become a dirty word and means little more than promoting the right-wings social agenda.
    I could respect a true conservative....which is what I believe Romney to be at heart...however he started cowering to the right-wings social agenda because he believes he needs to in order to get the nomination.
    Nominate a TRUE conservative and your party might actually stand for something.

    As far as the number of far lefties....I make no false ideas. I know that the vast majority of the country is no where near as far to the left as I am. However, the idea that this country is as far to the right as the wacko right-wing fundamentalist agenda is....is just as wrong.

    This is a country of moderates....unfortunately I understand that.....I accept that it is highly unlikely I will ever have a candidate that will promote my views. However....if the GOP doesn't realize this....they will be a marginal party for decades to come.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #10
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Sarah Palin tells Oprah 2012 run not on radar

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    She is a quitter.
    IF you read her book, you'll see why she stepped down. And it's all in line with her principles. It's not as quick, witty or popular as say... to repeat some bumper sticker logic like you do...
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •