Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 108

Thread: A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in WTC

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in WTC

    Now that the venue is finally set, a sinister question looms over the case of confessed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed: Will he use the court as a platform to spew his sickening diatribes?

    Experts say the terror thug will likely resist legal representation, opting instead to turn Manhattan Federal Court into his bully pulpit.

    "The chances are excellent that he represents himself," said Ron Kuby, a defense lawyer known for taking on controversial clients.

    "[Mohammed's] goal in the legal system is not to beat the rap. His goal is to use the legal system as a forum for his own ideas and to embrace martyrdom through that system."

    As Mohammed and his underlings languished in Guantanamo Bay, a fleet of lawyers have worked to protect their rights.



    Read more: A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in WTC terror case

    Giving terrorists a platform.....Good show Obama.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Giving terrorists a platform.....Good show Obama.


    j-mac
    Give him a platform? I don't know. Whenever Saddam was tried, no one thought his ramblings were particularly good. But then again, Saddam was even the enemy of Al Qaieda and other Islamic Jihadist networks.

    Do we even know if this guy is eloquent enough after being tortured?
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in

    Here is what bothers me, and should bother all americans, quite frankly.

    It has been said repeatedly, this man will not be allowed to walk out of any court room in this country, we will not allow that to happen. Now if this is truly the case, why this dog and pony show?

    Oh we are going to show the world how our wonderful system works, this man will have his day in court. He will be fitted with the best lawyers we have to offer, he will be before a jury of his peers, and he will enjoy every aspect of our fine system of justice.

    Yeah........right up to the point where he is aquitted, and then re-arrested and taken back to prison directly. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! We are going to end up looking like hypocrites should this man actually be found not guilty, why are we risking this embarressment?

  4. #4
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    Here is what bothers me, and should bother all americans, quite frankly.

    It has been said repeatedly, this man will not be allowed to walk out of any court room in this country, we will not allow that to happen. Now if this is truly the case, why this dog and pony show?

    Oh we are going to show the world how our wonderful system works, this man will have his day in court. He will be fitted with the best lawyers we have to offer, he will be before a jury of his peers, and he will enjoy every aspect of our fine system of justice.

    Yeah........right up to the point where he is aquitted, and then re-arrested and taken back to prison directly. This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever! We are going to end up looking like hypocrites should this man actually be found not guilty, why are we risking this embarressment?
    This is nothing but a feel good moment for all the Liberals.

    There's no way that he's not going to be found guilty. PBO isn't that stupid. That is why this will never be seen a legitimate trial by the people that the Libbos are trying to impress the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This is nothing but a feel good moment for all the Liberals.

    There's no way that he's not going to be found guilty. PBO isn't that stupid. That is why this will never be seen a legitimate trial by the people that the Libbos are trying to impress the most.
    That is what I thought when O.J went to trial......

  6. #6
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    That is what I thought when O.J went to trial......
    This is a little bit of a different circumstance.

    Regardless of whether the judge is going to play "Mr Fairness", the judge is going to walk into the court room (same for the jury) with the pre-existing knowledge that has been fed over and over again. There's going to be no sympathy. I think it will look more like the Saddam trial.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    This is a little bit of a different circumstance.

    Regardless of whether the judge is going to play "Mr Fairness", the judge is going to walk into the court room (same for the jury) with the pre-existing knowledge that has been fed over and over again. There's going to be no sympathy. I think it will look more like the Saddam trial.
    Remember, the lawyer still gets to pick the jury of his peers, and anything can happen. I know some good lawyers who could make a great case for these guys, and get much of the evidence tossed out from the word go.

    I really don't think they will be found not guilty either, but there is that small chance, and I don't know why we would risk that outcome??

  8. #8
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Give him a platform? I don't know.
    With the world press looking on and you "don't know" if you're giving this Islamic terrorist a platform?

    Whenever Saddam was tried, no one thought his ramblings were particularly good. But then again, Saddam was even the enemy of Al Qaieda and other Islamic Jihadist networks.

    Do we even know if this guy is eloquent enough after being tortured?
    Your party and Obama is taking that chance to create even more terrorists by giving this guy a show trial to spew whatever hatred and lies he wants.

    Its a disgrace.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #9
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Giving terrorists a platform.....Good show Obama.


    j-mac
    He bowed to the Japanese emperor, you think he'd bow to bin Laden. I bet the SOB would just to piss off conservatives.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: A diatribe defense: Pros say Khalid Shaikh Mohammed will act as his own lawyer in

    Giving terrorists a platform.....Good show Obama.
    Isn't he innocent until proven guilty?
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •