Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 94

Thread: Military Spending Weighs on Obama's Afghan Decision

  1. #31
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Military Spending Weighs on Obama's Afghan Decision

    know this might sound strange at first but those of you who are still able to think for yourself will understand what I mean when I say I am encouraged by the increasing number of personal attacks, use of strawmen, obfuscation, and name calling and other Obama taught tactics on the part of Liberals, and Liberals claiming to be Conservatives and Moderates.

    Why is that you say? Because the more Obama's deceptions, distortions, and out right lies are exposed the deeper they are forced to delve into the Saul Alenskey rules for Radicals and the more I am convinced they have no intelligent retort to the truth being presented showing Obama's continued and continuing failures.

    Not that they have ever had an intelligent response. It's almost like this.

    Fact: The sky appears to be blue.
    Liberal: No it's Not

    Fact: Obama lied about not raising taxes on those making less than $250,000 a year.
    Liberal: We have to act now to save the planet from Global Warming.

    This is a slight exaggeration but only slight.

    The sad thing is everything has to be about the party winning and to hell with the consequences. People have to stop using part affiliation to Obama as the guideline to everything. I see the difference between right and wrong and I am willing to go along with a Democrat idea the minute I hear one that is logical makes sense and does not go against everything history has shown us will result from some policy or plan. So far all I am hearing are along list of strategies that have not only failed but have either failed miserably, impoverished, millions, cost lives, and Nations their vary existence. How do come up with this? Simple I know the history of Socialism/Marxism, and the war in Vietnam, Obama is leading us down those roads right now.

  2. #32
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Military Spending Weighs on Obama's Afghan Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Obama actually has brain to understand both.
    I have seen no evidence of this.

    As it stands now the military as always wants more and more troops even though by last count they out number the enemy by 12 to 1.
    Got a link for this?


    Now the political reality is that you have a very weak corrupt government in place that has very little support outside its government buildings.. and that is even a stretch.
    Similar arguements were used against the Iraq troop surge.


    This war will NOT be won on the battlefield pure and simple, even the commanders on the ground have said so. So what use is it to send more troops into battle if they will not solve the political situation?
    The enemy must be militarily defeated before the political situation can be solved.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Military Spending Weighs on Obama's Afghan Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Because jumping the gun on Afghanistan will risk the lives of Americans...
    What the hell are you talking about!? It's a WAR. Do you know what a WAR is?

    ...while pumping money into the US economy due to massive miss management by previous conservative governments and the private sector does not.
    Oh, so spending billions of dollars without actually analyzing the decision is okay because American lives aren't put at risk? I guess that means we don't actually have to think about anything that doesn't put lives at risk...

    Funny how you are willing to piss a way the lives of your fellow Americans and others for political gain.. Funny how you and your cohorts are more worried about political gain than the lives of American soldiers.
    If you ever said something like this to my face you would regret it.

    Funny how you are willing to spend billions on an unwinable war...
    Unwinnable? According to who? Defeatist Eurotrash?

    ...and yet do not find your fellow American's worth a dime when it comes to health and safety..
    So, anyone who doesn't support a government take-over of health care is a heartless monster that doesn't care about other people's health and well-being? Do you actually think before you spew this partisan nonsense?

    Okay answer this then.. What is "winning" in Afghanistan?
    It's pretty ****ing simple to define victory if you're not a defeatist piece of Eurotrash.

    Winning is destroying the Taliban and AQ in Afghanistan and creating a functional government. The American military can do it if our President starts acting like a real Commander in Chief instead of a political willow tree.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 11-15-09 at 03:44 PM.

  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Unhappy Re: Military Spending Weighs on Obama's Afghan Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Assuming it would have imploded...

    Also, how's that stimulus bill working out? It's a failure by Obama's own metrics.

    It's just another partisan double-standard. Obama gets to fear-monger and pass giant spending bills with little discussion or analysis but when our military commander says he needs troops NOW Obama gets to take his time.
    Ill mention the Russian financial crisis from awhile back when they could not pay the troops.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Military Spending Weighs on Obama's Afghan Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Ill mention the Russian financial crisis from awhile back when they could not pay the troops.
    What does that have to do with anything? We're already paying the troops.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Military Spending Weighs on Obama's Afghan Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? We're already paying the troops.
    Well had there been a financial implostion in our financial system what do you think would have happened in regards to the military?

    I for one am glad that we as a nation can when in a time of need pull in some credit.
    Last edited by winston53660; 11-15-09 at 03:52 PM.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Military Spending Weighs on Obama's Afghan Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well had there been a financial implostion in our financial what do you think would have happened?
    You're assuming that the bailouts and "stimulus" bill actually accomplished anything beneficial. I do not agree that they were necessary or beneficial.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Military Spending Weighs on Obama's Afghan Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You're assuming that the bailouts and "stimulus" bill actually accomplished anything beneficial. I do not agree that they were necessary or beneficial.
    Okay fine then tell me about the effects of your position had AIG or Citigroup closed up shop.

    Ill get back latretr on this when I'm not posting from my phone after lunch.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Military Spending Weighs on Obama's Afghan Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    know this might sound strange at first but those of you who are still able to think for yourself will understand what I mean when I say I am encouraged by the increasing number of personal attacks, use of strawmen, obfuscation, and name calling and other Obama taught tactics on the part of Liberals, and Liberals claiming to be Conservatives and Moderates.

    Why is that you say? Because the more Obama's deceptions, distortions, and out right lies are exposed the deeper they are forced to delve into the Saul Alenskey rules for Radicals and the more I am convinced they have no intelligent retort to the truth being presented showing Obama's continued and continuing failures.

    Not that they have ever had an intelligent response. It's almost like this.

    Fact: The sky appears to be blue.
    Liberal: No it's Not

    Fact: Obama lied about not raising taxes on those making less than $250,000 a year.
    Liberal: We have to act now to save the planet from Global Warming.

    This is a slight exaggeration but only slight.
    For this to be a "slight exaggeration" you would need to provide a source of a single liberal denying that the sky indeed looks blue or using global warming as a rebuttal to Obama's statement on taxes.

    We'll be waiting.


    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    The sad thing is everything has to be about the party winning and to hell with the consequences. People have to stop using part affiliation to Obama as the guideline to everything. I see the difference between right and wrong and I am willing to go along with a Democrat idea the minute I hear one that is logical makes sense and does not go against everything history has shown us will result from some policy or plan. So far all I am hearing are along list of strategies that have not only failed but have either failed miserably, impoverished, millions, cost lives, and Nations their vary existence. How do come up with this? Simple I know the history of Socialism/Marxism, and the war in Vietnam, Obama is leading us down those roads right now.
    It has nothing to do with party winning and everything to do with making the right decision. Obama isn't NOT making a decision on Afghanistan so that the people will like them. His approval numbers are dropping because of it. Obama is NOT making a decision on Afghanistan because he lacks the confidence in the options presented to him and now, for better or worse, he's combining various aspects of options into a new option.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 11-15-09 at 04:50 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  10. #40
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Military Spending Weighs on Obama's Afghan Decision

    Quote Originally Posted by Strucky View Post
    The enemy must be militarily defeated before the political situation can be solved.
    Uh...do you realize that a sizable portion of the insurgencies is due to the corruption in the political situation? You are arguing that we should eliminate the symptoms before dealing with the cause. That makes no sense.

    Similar arguements were used against the Iraq troop surge.
    Except the Iraqi government wasn't anywhere as corrupt. Furthermore, the Surge as understood now was just one part of the overhaul that actually won the conflict. People seem to have this notion that flooding the region with troops is what did the trick. They ignore the virtual overhaul of tactics.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 11-15-09 at 04:51 PM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •