Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 119

Thread: Tenn. trooper suspended over white pride e-mail

  1. #101
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Tenn. trooper suspended over white pride e-mail

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I bet if he were Muslim, talking about "White men" you wouldn't have one problem with it.


    j-mac
    Yeah, because that's totally the same.

    I find it interesting that you chose a Muslim instead of the obvious reverse scenario of a black man talking about "white men"

  2. #102
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,319

    Re: Tenn. trooper suspended over white pride e-mail

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Yeah, because that's totally the same.

    I find it interesting that you chose a Muslim instead of the obvious reverse scenario of a black man talking about "white men"

    Why is it any different? And I chose a Muslim because that seems to be the politically correct taboo these days.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #103
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Tenn. trooper suspended over white pride e-mail

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why is it any different? And I chose a Muslim because that seems to be the politically correct taboo these days.


    j-mac
    It's completely different because this is about race. Muslim isn't a race, it's a religion. And the only reason people consider it a politically correct taboo is because there are far too many people who blame the actions of extremist Muslims on the entire religion. It has nothing to do with being politically correct, it's called common sense. Making broad generalizations implies that you care more about mud slinging than being fair and accurate.

  4. #104
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tenn. trooper suspended over white pride e-mail

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I bet if he were Muslim, talking about "White men" you wouldn't have one problem with it.


    j-mac
    are we going to talk about religion or race?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #105
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,319

    Re: Tenn. trooper suspended over white pride e-mail

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    It's completely different because this is about race. Muslim isn't a race, it's a religion. And the only reason people consider it a politically correct taboo is because there are far too many people who blame the actions of extremist Muslims on the entire religion. It has nothing to do with being politically correct, it's called common sense. Making broad generalizations implies that you care more about mud slinging than being fair and accurate.

    Ok then, let me clarify it down to take the religion out of it. What if, a man of Middle Eastern dissent, or Persian dissent made a similar disparage about an American? Or better yet a Jewish person? Would that get your ire?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #106
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Tenn. trooper suspended over white pride e-mail

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok then, let me clarify it down to take the religion out of it. What if, a man of Middle Eastern dissent, or Persian dissent made a similar disparage about an American? Or better yet a Jewish person? Would that get your ire?


    j-mac
    Of course. Racism is wrong and worthy of criticism regardless of who it's coming from. How would it be any different if it was coming from someone who isn't white?

  7. #107
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,319

    Re: Tenn. trooper suspended over white pride e-mail

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Of course. Racism is wrong and worthy of criticism regardless of who it's coming from. How would it be any different if it was coming from someone who isn't white?

    Good, and I will applaud you just as soon as you can show me the threads, or postings where this has happened and you either started a thread expressing such, or posted in one expressing such......Can you?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #108
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Tenn. trooper suspended over white pride e-mail

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Good, and I will applaud you just as soon as you can show me the threads, or postings where this has happened and you either started a thread expressing such, or posted in one expressing such......Can you?


    j-mac
    I don't think there are any threads where that particular topic (or even one somewhat related) has been brought up, let alone one that I have taken part in.

    However, if you manage to find one, feel free to post about it here.

  9. #109
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,494

    Re: Tenn. trooper suspended over white pride e-mail

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    No, the point is once again you make a bogus accusation and then double speak once you get called on it and are horribly unable to provide anything to back up your idiotic suggestions. Just like you have repeatedly throughout the Hassan thing. You're not interested in debate, you're interested in lies and peddling your pathetic hyper partisan talking points and nothing more.
    I stand corrected, it was Lerxt that made those comments, not Dr. Patrick.

    My point remains the same.

    You might want to look in the mirror and read that post several times every morning, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #110
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Tenn. trooper suspended over white pride e-mail

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's about a trooper who cracked under the pressure of his job. Oh, wait, that's not politically correct.
    I disagree. I think the guy just made a silly mistake while trying to print off the email he got on his personal account and send it to work to print off.

    I think the dumbass should have bought a printer at home a long ****ing time ago if you ask me.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •