Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 440

Thread: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

  1. #221
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Oh Faux News is skeered. Say it ain't so! LOL!

    I meant any credible source.
    You said "Bush? I had not heard him mentioned in connection with this trial."

    I offered you a link that explained the connection. I'm sorry you don't see the relevance.

    Nevertheless, here are some more sources, if you like:

    Coleen Rowley: Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's Criminal Trial May Shine Light on Roots of Terrorism

    Weekend Opinionator: Terrorists on Trial; Counterterrorism, Too - The Opinionator Blog - NYTimes.com
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Oh ****, he brought the Huff-Post into it! Now the Liberals will believe it.

  3. #223
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    must see---holder gets eviscerated before senate judiciary

    RealClearPolitics - Video - Graham Presses Holder On Reading Osama Bin Laden Miranda Rights

    and folks say palin is dumb

    LOL!

  4. #224
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    From your first link ~ "The most pragmatic method of determining the guilt or innocence of criminals, including Al Qaeda operatives like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, has always been in criminal court."

    I agree with that.


    From your second link ~ "First, the facts, as per Charlie Savage of The Times:

    Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the self-described mastermind of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and four other men accused in the plot will be prosecuted in federal court in New York City, the United States attorney general announced Friday …

    Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said he would seek the death penalty against the five defendants if they are found guilty in federal court."

    I agree with that too.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #225
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    From your first link ~ "The most pragmatic method of determining the guilt or innocence of criminals, including Al Qaeda operatives like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, has always been in criminal court."

    I agree with that.


    From your second link ~ "First, the facts, as per Charlie Savage of The Times:

    Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the self-described mastermind of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and four other men accused in the plot will be prosecuted in federal court in New York City, the United States attorney general announced Friday …

    Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said he would seek the death penalty against the five defendants if they are found guilty in federal court."

    I agree with that too.
    I'm glad that you found something to agree with in each article, but what on earth does that have to do with what we were discussing?

    Also, given that you don't think Bin Laden was involved in 9/11, why would you want KSM and his compatriots to get the death penalty? I mean, if Bin Laden wasn't involved, it's likely that they weren't involved either.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #226
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I'm glad that you found something to agree with in each article, but what on earth does that have to do with what we were discussing?

    Also, given that you don't think Bin Laden was involved in 9/11, why would you want KSM and his compatriots to get the death penalty? I mean, if Bin Laden wasn't involved, it's likely that they weren't involved either.
    Just one question..... what rules will they be tried under? Are the rules going to be the same as any other murder trial? Or are they going to be different?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  7. #227
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Just one question..... what rules will they be tried under? Are the rules going to be the same as any other murder trial? Or are they going to be different?
    Mostly. Holder has said that the gov. will try to censor or otherwise refuse to turn over some information due to national security concerns, but beyond that, it will be a regular trial.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #228
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Mostly. Holder has said that the gov. will try to censor or otherwise refuse to turn over some information due to national security concerns, but beyond that, it will be a regular trial.
    Then by all of the rules for a regular trial, they will have to dismiss the case.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  9. #229
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Then by all of the rules for a regular trial, they will have to dismiss the case.
    Because....?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #230
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I'm glad that you found something to agree with in each article, but what on earth does that have to do with what we were discussing?

    I do not know, you posted the links.

    Also, given that you don't think Bin Laden was involved in 9/11, why would you want KSM and his compatriots to get the death penalty? I mean, if Bin Laden wasn't involved, it's likely that they weren't involved either.
    That is the purpose of a trial, to determine if the charges are valid. If they are found to be guilty as charged, I have no problem with the death penalty. Being carried our under the rule of law is what is important.

    It is important for our allies and potential terrorists recruits to know that we are not the great Satan with morals no higher than those that attacked us.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •