Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 440

Thread: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    05-20-10 @ 11:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    314

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    That is the most moronic theory I've read so far.

    However, I'm only on page 1 of this thread, I'm sure someone will trump your moronic theory with an idiotic one of their own.

    (So the President wants them to be set free... why?)
    It isn't that he wants them set free, it is that by pandering to the intolerant, non-democratic dictatorships around the world who have the most to fear from an agressive US foreign policy, he is putting them in a position - civilian courts - which could theoretically set them free on a technicality inadmissable in military court.

    All this for the sole purpose of trying to curry favor with the filth of humanity, and at this rate, Obama will cause the US to have ZERO allies by his 4th year in office.

    If one looks at a list of former solid allied countries whom he has pissed off for the purpose of trying to suck up to our enemies, it's really quite appalling, and has destroyed a great deal of the crediblity that the US had:

    - UK, France, Israel, Czech Republic, Poland, Japan, South Korea

    For example, even if one hated the concept of the missile defence plan in Eastern Europe, to simply turn around to placate Russia and drop the missile defense shield - without getting a solid amount of support for either FAR stronger Iran sanctions, or approval of a military strike, is insanity. It places our East European allies in the line of fire, after they pushed hard to get approval in their own parliaments to accept the defense program.

    All this is leading to one thing; a one-term president as bad if not worse, than carter.

    A president cannot run the country from the vantage point of the Far Left, nor can he successfully operate his foreign policy from that margin. Unfortunately, the Democratic party just never learns that fact.
    Last edited by rogerredy; 11-18-09 at 11:57 AM.

  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by rogerredy View Post
    It isn't that he wants them set free, it is that by pandering to the intolerant, non-democratic dictatorships around the world who have the most to fear from an agressive US foreign policy, he is putting them in a position - civilian courts - which could theoretically set them free on a technicality inadmissable in military court.

    All this for the sole purpose of trying to curry favor with the filth of humanity, and at this rate, Obama will cause the US to have ZERO allies by his 4th year in office.

    If one looks at a list of former solid allied countries whom he has pissed off for the purpose of trying to suck up to our enemies, it's really quite appalling, and has destroyed a great deal of the crediblity that the US had:

    - UK, France, Israel, Czech Republic, Poland, Japan, South Korea

    For example, even if one hated the concept of the missile defence plan in Eastern Europe, to simply turn around to placate Russia and drop the missile defense shield - without getting a solid amount of support for either FAR stronger Iran sanctions, or approval of a military strike, is insanity. It places our East European allies in the line of fire, after they pushed hard to get approval in their own parliaments to accept the defense program.

    All this is leading to one thing; a one-term president as bad if not worse, than carter.

    A president cannot run the country from the vantage point of the Far Left, nor can he successfully operate his foreign policy from that margin. Unfortunately, the Democratic party just never learns that fact.
    rogerredy,

    You wrote, "to simply turn around to placate Russia and drop the missile defense shield - without getting a solid amount of support for either FAR stronger Iran sanctions, or approval of a military strike, is insanity."

    Excellent point - it appears he's not giving the store away for bargain prices - that he may be instead giving the store away for free.

    The thought reminds me of Carter's many naive indiscretions and oversights.

    Would it be naive of me to hope that Obama is no Jimmy Carter?

  3. #213
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,545

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post

    Would it be naive of me to hope that Obama is no Jimmy Carter?
    Wishful thinking, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #214
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Wishful thinking, for sure.
    It would be ridiculous thinking.

    Jimmy Carter didn't buy G.M.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  5. #215
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,545

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    It would be ridiculous thinking.

    Jimmy Carter didn't buy G.M.
    Yeah, PBO could be worse than Carter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #216
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I don't think this is about convicting KSM at all. This is about keeping Bush in the spotlight so that no one focuses on how badly Obama is doing with Afghanistan.

    j-mac
    Bush? I had not heard him mentioned in connection with this trial.

    Paranoia strikes again.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #217
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Jones View Post
    rogerredy,

    You wrote, "to simply turn around to placate Russia and drop the missile defense shield - without getting a solid amount of support for either FAR stronger Iran sanctions, or approval of a military strike, is insanity."

    Excellent point - it appears he's not giving the store away for bargain prices - that he may be instead giving the store away for free.

    The thought reminds me of Carter's many naive indiscretions and oversights.

    Would it be naive of me to hope that Obama is no Jimmy Carter?
    Last I remember about the missile shield is that he went from a land based one to a sea based one that covers the same area.

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrObV84tD8g"]YouTube- Best Carlton Dance Fresh Prince[/ame]

  8. #218
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Bush? I had not heard him mentioned in connection with this trial.

    Paranoia strikes again.
    Yes, nobody could possibly make the connection.

    Some Fear Bush Administration Could Become Target in 9/11 Trial - FOXNews.com
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    531

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Last I remember about the missile shield is that he went from a land based one to a sea based one that covers the same area.

    YouTube- Best Carlton Dance Fresh Prince
    PogueMoran,

    The point is that Obama was giving something up, and the question is what did the U. S. and concerned Europeans get in return.

    Obama reneged on our European allies by giving up the anti-ballistic missle system to be deployed in Poland - it is designed to take out missiles heading for Europe, and maybe even Russia, coming out of Iran - Iran is not all that far away from having a system that will reach Europe - and we all know their nuclear ambitions - our European allies know this too, and it upset them that the U. S. wasn't going to fulfill their commitment with an anti-ballistic missile defense shield for them.

    Now, we can see it as the Obama administration wanting to calm the concerns of Russia, which is OK in of itself - but what was given up has caused major concern for Europe's protection from a future attack from Iran with a nuclear missile - granted, they can't do it today, but they may very well have the capability to do so in the near future if they continue as they are, which is why rogerredy wrote "to simply turn around to placate Russia and drop the missile defense shield - without getting a solid amount of support for either FAR stronger Iran sanctions, or approval of a military strike, is insanity."

    rogeredy poses a very valid point - it was a lot to give up, it shouldn't be given up without something in return, namely help from Russia with dealing with Iran - which is what rogerredy suggested and most here agree with.

    Now, you are saying that it is going from a land based shield to a sea based shield - interesting - I know the Aegis system is awesome, but we can't be sitting out in the Black Sea 24/7 365 the way a land based system could sit on land - besides, we are talking about two entirely different systems here - Aegis has multiple capabilities, and it is capable as a mother, but it is not designed to handle the same capabilties of the system that was intended to be installed in Poland. The Aegis only augments our anti-ballistic missile systems.

    So, the Aegis system can stand in for a temporary fix, but it won't cover the mission down the road - I guess they need to hit the drawing board before it is too late, or take out the threat altogether.

    The system to be based in Poland was proposed by Clinton and accelerated by Bush - we have a site in Alaska for protection from a long-range rogue missile out of North korea, which is not effective against missiles launched out of Iran, though Iran is a bit further away from developing a missile to reach us than it is from reaching Europe, which is a major concern for the Europeans.

    The real question here is whether Obama just felt like reversing another Bush decision (Bush planned the shield with our allies) in order to appease his loons, or is he seriously seeking a solution for the threat while keeping peace with Russia - the latter is my hope, and I am sure the hope of other here, as well.

    Bush was ahead of the curve on trying to protect Europe from a rogue attack from Iran - there is no doubt about it - and his intent would never be to place a threat against Russia - but if Russia sees it that way, and Obama wants to be cool about it, then Obama should make sure Russia helps out with the Iran problem, which is the concern here posed by rogeredy, and in turn others who followed, to include myself.
    Last edited by Tom Jones; 11-19-09 at 12:32 AM.

  10. #220
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: New York trial for alleged 9/11 mastermind

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Oh Faux News is skeered. Say it ain't so! LOL!

    I meant any credible source.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •