Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 379

Thread: Paratrooper's Mom Begs Obama: 'End It'

  1. #141
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,470

    Re: Paratrooper's Mom Begs Obama: 'End It'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    Insurgent vs terrorist....hmmm, I don't think that is at all important, I do know our soldiers refer to them all as insurgents, or enemy, 6 of one, half dozen of another.
    Actually it's very important in the context of apdst's argument. But I agree, the term "enemy" is universally applicable in any case.
    *insert profound statement here*

  2. #142
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Paratrooper's Mom Begs Obama: 'End It'

    My son would kill me (not literally) if he were serving in the military and I were off making a public spectacle of myself bitching about the way things are run. Good Lord, I can't even get away with that with his elementary school.
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  3. #143
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paratrooper's Mom Begs Obama: 'End It'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You folks are like owls, the more light people shine in your eyes, the less you see.
    It is important. Let me ask you another question: how many insurgents where there in Iraq before we invaded?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #144
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,470

    Re: Paratrooper's Mom Begs Obama: 'End It'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You folks are like owls, the more light people shine in your eyes, the less you see.
    Translation: "Oh crap, I'm busted...I know....RHETORIC RHETORIC RHETORIC, YOU HAVE YOUR HEADS IN THE SAND....RHETORIC RHETORIC RHETORIC...YOU'RE CLUELESS...RHETORIC RHETORIC RHETORIC!!!!!"

    Why do you types think this is somehow an intelligent or reasonable rebuttal? Why don't you just counter? You see how I debunked your source? Why don't you actually take the comments I made, break them down, and attempt to intelligent counter them? You're here, you're posting. It doesn't take that much more energy.

    Why don't you just do that? Is it because you can't?
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #145
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,555

    Re: Paratrooper's Mom Begs Obama: 'End It'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is important. Let me ask you another question: how many insurgents where there in Iraq before we invaded?
    As many as there were after we invaded. They just weren't operational, yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #146
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,470

    Re: Paratrooper's Mom Begs Obama: 'End It'

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    My son would kill me (not literally) if he were serving in the military and I were off making a public spectacle of myself bitching about the way things are run. Good Lord, I can't even get away with that with his elementary school.
    Well in this case, the son is dead. Not much he can say or do about his moms actions you know. Which is probably the only reason she is now crying out publicly.
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #147
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,555

    Re: Paratrooper's Mom Begs Obama: 'End It'

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Translation: "Oh crap, I'm busted...I know....RHETORIC RHETORIC RHETORIC, YOU HAVE YOUR HEADS IN THE SAND....RHETORIC RHETORIC RHETORIC...YOU'RE CLUELESS...RHETORIC RHETORIC RHETORIC!!!!!"

    Why do you types think this is somehow an intelligent or reasonable rebuttal? Why don't you just counter? You see how I debunked your source? Why don't you actually take the comments I made, break them down, and attempt to intelligent counter them? You're here, you're posting. It doesn't take that much more energy.

    Why don't you just do that? Is it because you can't?
    That's Libbo for, "if you tell me that the sun rises in the east, I'll demand proof".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Paratrooper's Mom Begs Obama: 'End It'

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    My son would kill me (not literally) if he were serving in the military and I were off making a public spectacle of myself bitching about the way things are run. Good Lord, I can't even get away with that with his elementary school.
    It wouldn't be any of his business.
    You'd have to act in accordance with your conscience.
    On the other hand, you'd have to take into account that- especially if you made headlines- he might take flack for it, just like in elementary school.
    Except that, if he were deployed at the time, the consequences could be far more serious.

    Taking all that into account, you'd then have to act as your conscience dictated.
    I'm not sure whether these parents haven't thought their actions through, or whether they have, and they've decided that despite the potential repercussions, they need to do this.
    Since I don't know, i'm not going to judge them.

  9. #149
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,470

    Re: Paratrooper's Mom Begs Obama: 'End It'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    As many as there were after we invaded. They just weren't operational, yet.
    WHAT?????????????? Are you serious? This is your answer?

    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #150
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,555

    Re: Paratrooper's Mom Begs Obama: 'End It'

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    My son would kill me (not literally) if he were serving in the military and I were off making a public spectacle of myself bitching about the way things are run. Good Lord, I can't even get away with that with his elementary school.
    Then, again, he might be proud of you. Ya never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •