Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

  1. #1
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

    Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

    While Massachusetts recipients of federal stimulus money collectively report 12,374 jobs saved or created, a Globe review shows that number is wildly exaggerated. Organizations that received stimulus money miscounted jobs, filed erroneous figures, or claimed jobs for work that has not yet started.
    One of the largest reported jobs figures comes from Bridgewater State College, which is listed as using $77,181 in stimulus money for 160 full-time work-study jobs for students. But Bridgewater State spokesman Bryan Baldwin said the college made a mistake and the actual number of new jobs was “almost nothing.’’ Bridgewater has submitted a correction, but it is not yet reflected in the report.
    “After HUD denied me money to make needed improvements and actually create jobs,’’ Ercolini said, “it’s really funny to find out in September that I’ve been receiving stimulus funds all along and they want to know how many jobs we’ve saved or created.’’

    By his count, the answer is: “No jobs.’’
    I'm sure this is a common theme across the country. What they are trying isn't going to work. Especially when instead of the "shovel ready" infrastructure projects that the money was supposed to used on, it's just used to extend unemployment.
    From the ashes.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,054

    Re: Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

    This is a huge problem for the Democrats.

    Even stupid people know when they can't find a job. All the fabricated numbers are cute, but real is real, and real people aren't working.

    The effective unemployment (people actually looking for work) is about 17 percent, and even higher in some of the bluest states in the country.

    The more Obama/Biden and company stand up and brag about "jobs created and saved", the more their credibility evaporates within their own voter base.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    This is a huge problem for the Democrats.

    Even stupid people know when they can't find a job. All the fabricated numbers are cute, but real is real, and real people aren't working.

    The effective unemployment (people actually looking for work) is about 17 percent, and even higher in some of the bluest states in the country.

    The more Obama/Biden and company stand up and brag about "jobs created and saved", the more their credibility evaporates within their own voter base.
    Of course it's fabricated. Because government "Stimulus" never works. For all the drooling praise for FDR, his policies extended the GD, and had WWII not kicked off, he'd of been exposed as a failure.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #4
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

    The empty suit strikes again.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,054

    Re: Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Of course it's fabricated. Because government "Stimulus" never works. For all the drooling praise for FDR, his policies extended the GD, and had WWII not kicked off, he'd of been exposed as a failure.
    Isn't it frustrating how that nary a word of that was uttered in our classrooms growing up? The New Deal is spoken of with the same reverence as Einsteins Theory of Relativity.

    We also don't hear much about the FDR's shady dealings with Stalin, and how Poland was left in shambles at Russia's mercy and ignored after the war. Hitler and Stalin were basically one in the same for Poland, and we did nothing.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Isn't it frustrating how that nary a word of that was uttered in our classrooms growing up? The New Deal is spoken of with the same reverence as Einsteins Theory of Relativity.

    We also don't hear much about the FDR's shady dealings with Stalin, and how Poland was left in shambles at Russia's mercy and ignored after the war. Hitler and Stalin were basically one in the same for Poland, and we did nothing.
    How old are you?

    I heard that Russia was an evil empire and raped the countries behind the Iron Curtain, we must fight this evil least it over come us.

    I was a heady student of History, namely the 20th Century because so much CHANGE happened. I was well aware that FDR screwed the pooch when it came to Stalin.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #7
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds







    I'm sure this is a common theme across the country. What they are trying isn't going to work. Especially when instead of the "shovel ready" infrastructure projects that the money was supposed to used on, it's just used to extend unemployment.
    Actually, that's not true at all. Plenty of jobs were created in the state.

    BTW, you ARE talking about the state of Denial, aren't you?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #8
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,054

    Re: Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    How old are you?

    I heard that Russia was an evil empire and raped the countries behind the Iron Curtain, we must fight this evil least it over come us.

    I was a heady student of History, namely the 20th Century because so much CHANGE happened. I was well aware that FDR screwed the pooch when it came to Stalin.
    I'm 43, but in the high school classrooms I sat in, we were given more the generic overview of history. More of a memorize and test format than a discussion of any real depth or meaning.

    It wasn't really until after college that I became more organically interested in history. I could recite the basic facts and names before, but I wasn't inherently interested in delving deeper as I was later.

    Now, I drive my own kids to look beyond their text books, and it seems to be taking root. I wish my parents would have done that for me.

    Is there truly anything more fascinating - and entertaining - than history? Even watching Band of Brothers or John Adams is so much more fun when you know the historical fabric and context of the times.

    In fact, I honestly believe that not knowing basic history is one of the most dangerous and disturbing aspects of Americans today. It explains an awful lot, doesn't it?

  9. #9
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    How old are you?

    I heard that Russia was an evil empire and raped the countries behind the Iron Curtain, we must fight this evil least it over come us.

    I was a heady student of History, namely the 20th Century because so much CHANGE happened. I was well aware that FDR screwed the pooch when it came to Stalin.
    I'm not sure about the facts you mentioned but schools do teach that FDR and his New Deal tactics brought us out of the depression when plenty of evidence exists to the contrary.
    From the ashes.

  10. #10
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: Stimulus job boost in state exaggerated, review finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I'm sure this is a common theme across the country.
    I created a thread about these supposed jobs-

    Stimulus dishonesty
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •