Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 98

Thread: D.C. Sniper John Allen Muhammad Is Executed in Virginia

  1. #41
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: D.C. Sniper John Allen Muhammad Is Executed in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    is all of this, funny to you people?

    I know, I will be told to just chill out, it is just a forum, but this is what is wrong with all of us, we do not care, or we hide our emotions.

    Carry on......
    What is the appropriate response to a mass murderering scumbag being executed? Wizard of Oz paradies where the munchkins are singing ding dong the muther ****ers dead? Are we supposed to somehow be sad that he is dead? Are we supposed to show empathy or sympathy?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: D.C. Sniper John Allen Muhammad Is Executed in Virginia

    I'll say, that ****er went good. He didn't reduce himself to sobbing and begging, which he knew would give satisfaction to onlookers, either at his conviction or at his execution.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: D.C. Sniper John Allen Muhammad Is Executed in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    What is the appropriate response to a mass murderering scumbag being executed? Wizard of Oz paradies where the munchkins are singing ding dong the muther ****ers dead? Are we supposed to somehow be sad that he is dead? Are we supposed to show empathy or sympathy?
    A sober response will do fine, this is why we cannot kill our own monsters, we become monsters as well.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: D.C. Sniper John Allen Muhammad Is Executed in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    A sober response will do fine, this is why we cannot kill our own monsters, we become monsters as well.
    Like in Claymore eh?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: D.C. Sniper John Allen Muhammad Is Executed in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Like in Claymore eh?
    I am sorry, I just don't follow?

    But to be clear, we should only kill those who are a danger to others, much like we kill a wild animal, an animal that will kill our dog, our farm animals, or even our small children. We do this all the time, and no one raises an eyebrow, it is only when we take them in to custody, and give them a shower and a shave, that everyone then feels they are human.

    No, I think it is best to kill a monster on the spot, when you know for sure that you have one!

  6. #46
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: D.C. Sniper John Allen Muhammad Is Executed in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    POS jihadist pig.
    Calling him a jihadist is misleading. He was a muslim and he did fetishize bin Laden, but that was just a tiny piece of his whole insane thing. He mostly hated the government, which appears to primarily be about when he lost custody of his kids to their mother. He was loaded down with conspiracy theories and whatnot, not focused on Islam. He supposedly had some scheme worked up in his head to create a revolutionary army of snipers that would take over the country and whatnot.

    He was way, way, off the deep end. He was supposedly taking 72 vitamins every day instead of eating, he had a whole ceremonial ritual he created to 'purify' himself after each murder, he wanted to see the US completely destroyed, but not because of some Islamic principal, just purely because he was foaming at the mouth insane.

    A number of his victims were Muslims. I don't think it is right to twist their deaths into a reason to hate Islam. This dude represents Islam only in the same sense that Jim Jones represents Christianity. Probably not even that directly. Jim Jones claimed what he was doing was for God exclusively. This dude had loads of confused conspiracy theories rattling around in his head and only a couple of them touched on Islam in any way.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: D.C. Sniper John Allen Muhammad Is Executed in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    Calling him a jihadist is misleading. He was a muslim and he did fetishize bin Laden, but that was just a tiny piece of his whole insane thing. He mostly hated the government, which appears to primarily be about when he lost custody of his kids to their mother. He was loaded down with conspiracy theories and whatnot, not focused on Islam. He supposedly had some scheme worked up in his head to create a revolutionary army of snipers that would take over the country and whatnot.

    He was way, way, off the deep end. He was supposedly taking 72 vitamins every day instead of eating, he had a whole ceremonial ritual he created to 'purify' himself after each murder, he wanted to see the US completely destroyed, but not because of some Islamic principal, just purely because he was foaming at the mouth insane.

    A number of his victims were Muslims. I don't think it is right to twist their deaths into a reason to hate Islam. This dude represents Islam only in the same sense that Jim Jones represents Christianity. Probably not even that directly. Jim Jones claimed what he was doing was for God exclusively. This dude had loads of confused conspiracy theories rattling around in his head and only a couple of them touched on Islam in any way.
    This post is confusing, I am sorry my friend, you sound as if you are trying too hard to explain this away, and I have to ask....why do that?

  8. #48
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: D.C. Sniper John Allen Muhammad Is Executed in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    This post is confusing, I am sorry my friend, you sound as if you are trying too hard to explain this away, and I have to ask....why do that?
    What do you mean? I'm not trying to explain away his crime. I lived in DC at the time of his rampage. It sucked. But to try to twist this into some kind of commentary about Islam is ridiculous. And, frankly, I think it is morally wrong to do that. Several of his victims were Muslims. Just because the nut that killed them happened to occasionally rant about Islam amongst his laundry list of topics is not a good enough reason to twist their deaths into a reason to stir up hate against their religion... This dude could just as easily have been a Christian nut, a Jewish nut, a Hindu nut, or whatever other flavor of nut there is. He was stone cold insane, not a 'jihadist'.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: D.C. Sniper John Allen Muhammad Is Executed in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    What do you mean? I'm not trying to explain away his crime. I lived in DC at the time of his rampage. It sucked. But to try to twist this into some kind of commentary about Islam is ridiculous. And, frankly, I think it is morally wrong to do that. Several of his victims were Muslims. Just because the nut that killed them happened to occasionally rant about Islam amongst his laundry list of topics is not a good enough reason to twist their deaths into a reason to stir up hate against their religion... This dude could just as easily have been a Christian nut, a Jewish nut, a Hindu nut, or whatever other flavor of nut there is. He was stone cold insane, not a 'jihadist'.
    So only perfectly sane muslims..... fly planes in to tall buildings, is this what you want us to believe?

    This is what none of us seem to get, why must we pretend that what has happened, did not indeed happen, as it passed before our very eyes? Just because one muslim acts out in a fit of rage, this does not mean that the rest of us lose our minds, and round up all muslims. Why must liberals treat the rest of the country as if we are all children, and BTW, who to you think you are exactly, do you know how absurd you appear to the rest of us?

    I am sorry, I might just have to leave it there, as I might say something rude.....and unlike you folks, I try not to do that!

  10. #50
    Sage
    teamosil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    05-22-14 @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,623

    Re: D.C. Sniper John Allen Muhammad Is Executed in Virginia

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    So only perfectly sane muslims..... fly planes in to tall buildings, is this what you want us to believe?

    This is what none of us seem to get, why must we pretend that what has happened, did not indeed happen, as it passed before our very eyes? Just because one muslim acts out in a fit of rage, this does not mean that the rest of us lose our minds, and round up all muslims. Why must liberals treat the rest of the country as if we are all children, and BTW, who to you think you are exactly, do you know how absurd you appear to the rest of us?
    You're trying to portray this horrible tragedy in a very twisted light to back some kind of anti-Islam agenda. That isn't grounded in reality at all. This dude was completely insane. Why does it matter to you what religion he was? What possible relevance could that have to anything other than as an excuse to spread hatred of a religion? If he had been a Christian would you focus on that or would you just consider him insane?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •