Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

  1. #11
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I see it as just as dangerous to extrapolate what is actually said into what you think some of us might have said could be as big a mistake as the thinking you describe. I think most realize that all Muslims are not bad people as we realize all Blacks, and Hispanics are not gang bangers and all Asians are not geniuses and it's dangerous to stereo type any entire group because of the actions of one.
    However the fear of upsetting anyone because there are legitimate questions being raised because of demonstrated behavior is ludicrous at best, and seems to be what happened hear. i heard a dumb ass General say he didn't want to see the diversity in the Military suffer because of this one indecent. Are you (expletive deleted) kidding me. What diversity or PC position makes ignoring obvious issues that should disqualify anyone from service regardless of skin color, religion, or sexual preference or any other damn reason are justification for what was allowed to happen in this case. This BS pisses me off to the max and I am not easily made this up set. I always believed the Military had standards and once established you do do not make exceptions or deviate from them. To do so is to invite problems as we have seen.
    Are you referring to Obama's praise of the military's diversity? Because I don't see a thing wrong with that. And if you do, then explain what's wrong with a military being diverse, because I must have missed where that's a bad thing. In addition, the guy who killed those folks was qualified for service, but he was a nutcase. When that was found out, he shoulda been dealt with. But I haven't seen any evidence whatsoever that he wasn't flagged because folks were worried about being PC.

    So, you seem to be an 'anti-PC' conservative. I invite you, too, to tell those of us pro-PC folks on the left specifically what you want out of this whole 'shouldn't have to be PC' deal. Name a few things that we can work on as a country to eliminate any more Fort Hood shootings, and we can all work on it together.
    Last edited by Singularity; 11-11-09 at 12:14 AM.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Political Correctness is a product of Marxist thinking, plain and simple. We don't need it, and it's only purpose was to assist in creating unity in the working class to band together against their Capitalist slave drivers. It came about after Marxism failed in WWI to unify the working class.
    Last edited by EpicDude86; 11-11-09 at 12:37 AM.

  3. #13
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Political Correctness is a product of Marxist thinking, plain and simple. We don't need it, and it's only purpose was to assist in creating the unity in the working class to band together. It came about after Marxism failed in WWI to unify the working class.
    Actually, we do need it. I personally don't want to hear racial slangs accepted in the workplace, or see a bunch of stereotyping of minorities and ethnic groups accepted as commonplace, do you? I personally don't care where the term originated, either. As long as the highly offensive language and actions promoted towards all racial, ethnic, majority or minority groups are kept to a minimum, we'll all get along better.

    Now, you should certainly have the right to use such offensive language if you want. But I also believe in just desserts. If some folks wanna hurl racial slurs, have at it I say. But I don't believe they should complain when that ass gets whipped for doing so, or fired from their job for such a thing.
    Last edited by Singularity; 11-11-09 at 12:28 AM.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Actually, we do need it. I personally don't want to hear racial slangs accepted in the workplace, or see a bunch of stereotyping of minorities and ethnic groups accepted as commonplace, do you?
    Because racism and bigotry would run amok without Political Correctness there to keep us in line and society as we know it would come crashing down!

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I personally don't care where the term originated, either. As long as the highly offensive language and actions promoted towards all racial, ethnic, majority or minority groups are kept to a minimum, we'll all get along better.
    So let's treat everyone like immature children and expect them to act like responsible adults? I would venture to guess you like stuff like affirmative action and minimum wage too.

    News Flash: Life isn't fair, bad **** happens, and bad People exist, but most of the time people do the right thing without having restrictions placed on them and stigmas or punishments attached to them should their attempt at doing the right thing fail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Now, you should certainly have the right to use such offensive language if you want. But I also believe in just desserts. If some folks wanna hurl racial slurs, have at it I say. But I don't believe they should complain when that ass gets whipped for doing so, or fired from their job for such a thing.
    Right, those people that hurl racial slangs will get what's coming to them. But the rest of us shouldn't have to walk on eggshells because a few people don't want anyone's feelings to get hurt.

  5. #15
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Because racism and bigotry would run amok without Political Correctness there to keep us in line and society as we know it would come crashing down!
    Except that whenever you avoid using derogatory or bigoted terms, you are being politically correct. So, by definition, not being politically correct means that you're using such terminology.

    Don't shoot the messenger, kid. I didn't invent the term. I just support it. Like I said, if you want to avoid being politically correct and hurl a bunch of slurs, have at it. I'd prefer folks to be PC in the workplace, on the news, and in everyday life, though.


    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    So let's treat everyone like immature children and expect them to act like responsible adults? I would venture to guess you like stuff like affirmative action and minimum wage too.
    You'd guess right on affirmative action and minimum wage (HINT: read the political lean under my avatar). You'd guess wrong on treating folks like immature children. That aint what being PC is all about.

    But you knew that.

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    News Flash: Life isn't fair, bad **** happens, and bad People exist, but most of the time people do the right thing without having restrictions placed on them and stigmas or punishments attached to them should their attempt at doing the right thing fail.
    Selling tickets for your cruise, there, Captain Obvious? Of course life aint fair. Of course bad things happen. And sure folks do the right thing most of the time - in essence, they are 'politically correct' most of the time. But I don't wanna hear a bunch of racial slurs or stereotypes in my workplace, or on the news, or any other public outlet. Now, if you despise being politically correct, and you want the n-word hurled in your place of business, to each his own. But I don't, and I warrant that most folks support being politically correct in such situations.


    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Right, those people that hurl racial slangs will get what's coming to them. But the rest of us shouldn't have to walk on eggshells because a few people don't want anyone's feelings to get hurt.
    Who says you gotta walk on eggshells? You don't wanna be politically correct, fine. Nobody is forcing you to keep your language neutral or your opinions without stereotypes. But if you're gonna actively campaign that we should do away with being PC in a public arena, good luck with it. Most folks like their broadcasts and day-to-day lives pretty politically correct. And i'd warrant that you're one of 'em.

  6. #16
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Because racism and bigotry would run amok without Political Correctness there to keep us in line and society as we know it would come crashing down!



    So let's treat everyone like immature children and expect them to act like responsible adults? I would venture to guess you like stuff like affirmative action and minimum wage too.

    News Flash: Life isn't fair, bad **** happens, and bad People exist, but most of the time people do the right thing without having restrictions placed on them and stigmas or punishments attached to them should their attempt at doing the right thing fail.



    Right, those people that hurl racial slangs will get what's coming to them. But the rest of us shouldn't have to walk on eggshells because a few people don't want anyone's feelings to get hurt.
    Thankyou, my thoughts exactly.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  7. #17
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Except that whenever you avoid using derogatory or bigoted terms, you are being politically correct. So, by definition, not being politically correct means that you're using such terminology.

    Don't shoot the messenger, kid. I didn't invent the term. I just support it. Like I said, if you want to avoid being politically correct and hurl a bunch of slurs, have at it. I'd prefer folks to be PC in the workplace, on the news, and in everyday life, though.




    You'd guess right on affirmative action and minimum wage (HINT: read the political lean under my avatar). You'd guess wrong on treating folks like immature children. That aint what being PC is all about.

    But you knew that.



    Selling tickets for your cruise, there, Captain Obvious? Of course life aint fair. Of course bad things happen. And sure folks do the right thing most of the time - in essence, they are 'politically correct' most of the time. But I don't wanna hear a bunch of racial slurs or stereotypes in my workplace, or on the news, or any other public outlet. Now, if you despise being politically correct, and you want the n-word hurled in your place of business, to each his own. But I don't, and I warrant that most folks support being politically correct in such situations.




    Who says you gotta walk on eggshells? You don't wanna be politically correct, fine. Nobody is forcing you to keep your language neutral or your opinions without stereotypes. But if you're gonna actively campaign that we should do away with being PC in a public arena, good luck with it. Most folks like their broadcasts and day-to-day lives pretty politically correct. And i'd warrant that you're one of 'em.
    I disagree, most people I know are fed up with political correctness. They long for the day when people spoke there minds. When people where real and said wht they meant. Not this fake ass pussiefootin I see from weak spineless people today.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  8. #18
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    I disagree, most people I know are fed up with political correctness. They long for the day when people spoke there minds. When people where real and said wht they meant. Not this fake ass pussiefootin I see from weak spineless people today.
    I don't know your friends, obviously, but I find it difficult to believe that most folks want to do away with languages and practices which could offend a bunch of folks, but hey, maybe they do. I personally disagree with the people you cite who 'long for the day when people spoke their minds'. This is being politically correct we are talking about here - it's been my experience when folks talk about speaking your mind in the absence of being politically correct, it often means you wanna hurl a bunch of racial slurs around and not get in trouble for it. And I say have at it - Freedom of Speech and all that. But i'd prefer to keep that stuff out of the workplace, or out of a public broadcast service like the news.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Except that whenever you avoid using derogatory or bigoted terms, you are being politically correct. So, by definition, not being politically correct means that you're using such terminology.
    Politically Correct n. Conforming to a belief that language and practices which could offend political sensibilities (as in matters of sex or race) should be eliminated.

    You can call it that but I prefer to see it as simply not being a dick. And as a member of these United States, I have a Constitutional Amendment that protects my speech and the speech that I don't like, limiting libel and slander. Not to mention things like profiling can save your life, and profiling isn't exactly "Politically Correct"

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger, kid. I didn't invent the term. I just support it. Like I said, if you want to avoid being politically correct and hurl a bunch of slurs, have at it. I'd prefer folks to be PC in the workplace, on the news, and in everyday life, though.
    Because without Political Correctness, common courtesy and workplace regulation go right out the window? Why do we need some arbitrary term, created by Marxists no less, to require us to be civil? This isn't school. We aren't little kids who have to be nice to each other. Sure it's nice when we are but we can make our own decisions on how we want to act and deal with the consequences accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    You'd guess right on affirmative action and minimum wage (HINT: read the political lean under my avatar). You'd guess wrong on treating folks like immature children. That aint what being PC is all about.
    HINT: I saw it, and in a very un-politically correct move, I made an assumption about you based on a stereotype. See, it's not all that bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    But you knew that.
    Did I? Hmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Selling tickets for your cruise, there, Captain Obvious? Of course life aint fair. Of course bad things happen. And sure folks do the right thing most of the time - in essence, they are 'politically correct' most of the time. But I don't wanna hear a bunch of racial slurs or stereotypes in my workplace, or on the news, or any other public outlet. Now, if you despise being politically correct, and you want the n-word hurled in your place of business, to each his own. But I don't, and I warrant that most folks support being politically correct in such situations.
    Because without Political Correctness, common courtesy and workplace regulation go right out the window? Why do we need some arbitrary term, created by Marxists no less, to require us to be civil? This isn't school. We aren't little kids who have to be nice to each other. Sure it's nice when we are but we can make our own decisions on how we want to act and deal with the consequences accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Who says you gotta walk on eggshells? You don't wanna be politically correct, fine. Nobody is forcing you to keep your language neutral or your opinions without stereotypes. But if you're gonna actively campaign that we should do away with being PC in a public arena, good luck with it. Most folks like their broadcasts and day-to-day lives pretty politically correct. And i'd warrant that you're one of 'em.
    My point is those people can act civilly without having some stupid word or methodology for it. It's called being civil. You're promoting a point of view that was intended to unify the working class for the sole purpose of defeating their Capitalist Overlords when Marxism didn't work in WWI...I'm repeating myself...dammit...Anyways. We all know what is civil and what isn't, that's not the problem. It's when organizations like the ACLU push PC to its limits to get things like the Pledge of Allegiance taken out of our schools because of one line that some asshole doesn't want his kids to say for fear that it may brainwash them into Christianity. We all know what is right, wrong, and acceptable. We don't need guidelines to make sure we don't hurt each others feelings. All this politeness is giving me a headache. Sometimes we just need to be rude.

  10. #20
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,051

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    The guy was a nutcase. Now, if you want to label him a terrorist nutcase, fine. We all agree, and almost everyone - Muslims included - would work together to shut idiots like this down.

    Where we apparently part ways is what is meant by "being PC". You wanna red flag some Islamic dude who says we should blow up a few buildings to spread Allah's message, I agree. But I get the impression that those of you crying the "being PC" message want to go far beyond that. I get the impression that you believe ALL Muslims are pretty much going to blow up something in the name of their god, and we should have no problem stereotyping them as such. In fact, I get the impression that some of you folks who are all anti-Muslim would be a lot more comfortable if we started taking things a lot further, like not allowing Muslims in the military to begin with.

    So, maybe you can clear the air. Be the spokesman for the anti-PC crowd and let those of us pro-PC folks know exactly what you're looking for.
    PC is good until it becomes extreme. Then it just becomes a hinderance and stupid. From the Active Duty stand point...allow me,

    The bombing at Beirut had even military intelligence voicing that this was a tragic singular incident to be considered "isolated." But by the mid 90s, military intelligence was beginning to conclude and report that there was something else on the rise. The attacks on two hotels in Yemen, the "Black Hawk Down" incident in Somalia, and the bombings in Saudi Arabia showed the military that we had an enemy that was organized and determined.

    It was around this time (1996~1997) that Ralph Peters (an Army Colonel and intelligence officer stationed in Europe at the time) and Anthony Zinni (a Marine General and CENTCOM CinC at the time) began noticing that the intel reports that were submitted to the White House via the Pentagon was missing pertinent information about the organized extremists of Islam as a threat in the Middle East. Apparently, the Clinton administration made it clear to the Pentagon that anything less than "politically correct" would be considered unacceptable. In other words, an extremist threat within a religion was too inconveniencing for President Clinton, who was more inclined to toss the military in and out of humanitarian missions inside Iraq, Bosnia, Haiti, and Kosovo. Even the first WTC bombing was considered a mere criminal act with careful attention given to protect the festring Islamic probblems in the Middle East that was reaching out for attention.

    But Clinton would change his tune after a couple of our embassies were destroyed in Africa (1998). Of course, it really didn't matter at this point that he was trying to express to America that a rise in terrorism (carefully refraining from using Islamic for the most part) had become a true threat to our nation because our nation was too concerned with Monika Lewinski to hear about anything else. And when the U.S.S. Cole was attacked the typical American reaction was to treat as yet another isolated incident among the many others to be largely ignored. After all, it's only the military personel and a few associated civilians that were dying.

    September 11, 2001. All of a sudden Americans cared. All of a sudden they were all about allowing the military to exact revenge. All of a sudden Americans "supported" the military. Did Democrats look back and apologize for dismissing Clinton's warnings as trivial and highly unlikely? Did Republicans look back and apologize for accusing Clinton of exaggerating this terrorist threat just to remove attention away from a blue dress? Did the rest of America step back and remember any of this? No. They instead looked at the government and asked how it didn't see it coming. Some how all the military intel that went ignored, thanks to political correctness, and later warnings by the very president who worshipped political correctness and infected it into the Pentagon, was removed from memory.

    Since 9/11, the military has been bombarded with accusations from people who wanted to know every single military detail into military matters just so that they could slap their civilian stamps of approvals on them. Sand bags on the heads? -Too mean. Interrogations on the field of battle? -All interrogations are to carried out by "trained" personel back at the camps only. Martial law? -Too inhumane. Prisoners of war being treated as prisoners of war? -Too inhumane, give them lawyers and Qurans. Reports of military personel calling Arabs "camel jockeys?" - How dare they dehumanize the enemy they are trained to kill and slaughter.

    Since 9/11, the military has been bombarded with classes to sensitize us to the Arab plight in the Middle East. We are reminded constantly that our enemies are just a very tiny few within the Islamic civilization even as we face a never ending supply of bodies. We are instructed to stay clear of "witch hunts" within our ranks even though they preach against the country they are supposed to be fighting for. Any class regarding Islamic terrorism is always followed with careful disclaimers so as not to upset any "mothers of America" out there that may be ease dropping on how we are "teaching our young impressionably soldiers to hate Muslims."

    The media is scared to death to print a cartoon that may offend Muslims. Funny how cartoons depicting Christianity's silliness has remained open season. Is there an ongoing criticism towards Islam through Muhammed and Allah on the Family Guy like there is towards Christianity via Jesus and God? Even the industry of news and entertainment shy away from taking a look at even the extreme side of Islam for fear that it means that they are...how did you state it...."stereotyping them as such." For this, we fail to address the problems.

    The fact is that if the U.S. Army investigated thoroughly and it was made public, his lawyer would parade the military around for witch hunting and harrassment. And the masses, who want every prisoner of war to have a lawyer and a Sunday Buffet, would eat it up. The same thing that brought Al-Queda to New York City encouraged this shooter at Fort Hood, which is a fear of looking at the obvious and calling a spade a spade. You see, it's too politicially incorrect to criticize a religion other than Christianity or Judaism. And it's certainly too politicially incorrect to investigate anybody with a MUslim name because, well, that just means a witch hunt is under foot and paranoia/fear mongering is the agenda.

    We have and will continue to sacrifice American lives all for that retarded idea of political correctness. For the average American, we have been at war since 9/11. For the military, we had been at war longer than this, but denied our role. It's personal for us. The same kind of trash that killed 3,000 Americans on American soil had been killing military personel for a decade+.

    Political correctness denies us the ability to stare at and label our enemy accordingly. Come to think of it...Pearl Harbor should have just been treated as an isolated incident. Lucky for us, our enemy back then came from an established empire with a national flag instead of a never ending breeding ground throughout the Asian region with a religious banner. Or were we stronger minded people back then to even care about such nonesense?

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •