Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 318

Thread: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

  1. #291
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And that is all the support he got? You know that for sure?
    Hasan, the sole suspect in the massacre of 13 fellow US soldiers in Texas, attended the controversial Dar al-Hijrah mosque in Great Falls, Virginia, in 2001 at the same time as two of the September 11 terrorists, The Sunday Telegraph has learnt. His mother's funeral was held there in May that year.

    The preacher at the time was Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born Yemeni scholar who was banned from addressing a meeting in London by video link in August because he is accused of supporting attacks on British troops and backing terrorist organisations.


    Hasan's eyes "lit up" when he mentioned his deep respect for al-Awlaki's teachings, according to a fellow Muslim officer at the Fort Hood base in Texas, the scene of Thursday's horrific shooting spree.

    As investigators look at Hasan's motives and mindset, his attendance at the mosque could be an important piece of the jigsaw. Al-Awlaki moved to Dar al-Hijrah as imam in January, 2001, from the west coast, and three months later the September 11 hijackers Nawaf al-Hamzi and Hani Hanjour began attending his services. A third hijacker attended his services in California.

    Hasan was praying at Dar al-Hijrah at about the same time, and the FBI will now want to investigate whether he met the two terrorists.

    Charles Allen, a former under-secretary for intelligence at the Department of Homeland Security, has described al-Awlaki, who now lives in Yemen, as an "al-Qaeda supporter, and former spiritual leader to three of the September 11 hijackers... who targets US Muslims with radical online lectures encouraging terrorist attacks from his new home in Yemen".

    Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists - Telegraph

    There were e-mails between the two, so yeah, I am reasonably sure.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #292
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,360
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    There were e-mails between the two, so yeah, I am reasonably sure.


    j-mac
    That shows he met with one person, not that he did not also meet with others, possibly right there at Dar al-Hijrah mosque. Any one who might be complicit in this, I want them captured, badly. Deciding that this is it and not looking further, and not finding these people would be a tragedy to my way of thinking.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #293
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That shows he met with one person, not that he did not also meet with others, possibly right there at Dar al-Hijrah mosque. Any one who might be complicit in this, I want them captured, badly. Deciding that this is it and not looking further, and not finding these people would be a tragedy to my way of thinking.

    Well Red, I agree that we need to learn the entire bundle of connections that radicalized this man. As you can see in the article I posted to you, it is possible that Hasan had known at least two of the 9/11 hijackers while he was in attendance at that mosque, and that he was respectful if not in awe of the Imam there who is now recognized as a radical connection to Al Q.

    You want them captured? So how do you propose we do that? Go on a heavy handed hunt through sovereign countries and just take them? I suspect you were against Bush doing that in Europe.

    Besides, who said this is it? Are demo Senators on the hill going to block the Repubs who are calling for investigation? If so, how does that make you feel about how seriously your party takes this war?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #294
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,360
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well Red, I agree that we need to learn the entire bundle of connections that radicalized this man. As you can see in the article I posted to you, it is possible that Hasan had known at least two of the 9/11 hijackers while he was in attendance at that mosque, and that he was respectful if not in awe of the Imam there who is now recognized as a radical connection to Al Q.

    You want them captured? So how do you propose we do that? Go on a heavy handed hunt through sovereign countries and just take them? I suspect you were against Bush doing that in Europe.

    Besides, who said this is it? Are demo Senators on the hill going to block the Repubs who are calling for investigation? If so, how does that make you feel about how seriously your party takes this war?


    j-mac
    I want them captured, yes. I don't think we need to start with heavy handed, but it should be an option. I also want to know if there is any one else, especially any one else still in the country. Those out of the country I want identified, barred, and gone after if they are part of the cause and we can find any excuse to get them.

    I suspect you are wrong on my reaction to Bush. I supported(and still do) his handling of events after 9/11 and his move on Afghanistan. I disagreed with him on Iraq, because I thought it was taking his eye away from the real issue, terrorism and Al Quada(sp?).

    I do not think democrats are going to block any investigation in this, and if they do, I will join with you hand in hand in condemning them if they do. It won't be the first time I have criticized my party, and won't be the last. I repeat though that I do not think that is at all likely that it will be a problem.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #295
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I want them captured, yes. I don't think we need to start with heavy handed, but it should be an option.

    Interesting. Are you in favor of rendition?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #296
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,360
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Interesting. Are you in favor of rendition?


    j-mac
    I assume you are referring to "extraordinary rendition", and in that case, no.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That shows he met with one person, not that he did not also meet with others, possibly right there at Dar al-Hijrah mosque. Any one who might be complicit in this, I want them captured, badly. Deciding that this is it and not looking further, and not finding these people would be a tragedy to my way of thinking.
    often that's all they need. They don't get together for big circle jerks to discuss business, they keep comms to a bare minimum or risk being exposed.

  8. #298
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,360
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    often that's all they need. They don't get together for big circle jerks to discuss business, they keep comms to a bare minimum or risk being exposed.
    Are you preparing to bet lives on that? Why would you, since an investigation should hopefully find out for sure.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Are you preparing to bet lives on that? Why would you, since an investigation should hopefully find out for sure.
    Am I prepared to save lives by intercepting someone who came in contact with at least 1 suspicious character? yes. Yes I am. Is the government ready to spend that kind of money and manpower and have an apology ready if they're wrong? No.

  10. #300
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,360
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Am I prepared to save lives by intercepting someone who came in contact with at least 1 suspicious character? yes. Yes I am. Is the government ready to spend that kind of money and manpower and have an apology ready if they're wrong? No.
    Not at all what I asked. I want answers, and I want security. No where have I suggested not going after any one, and in fact I have suggested the opposite. Reading the thread before commenting is a good idea.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •