Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 318

Thread: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

  1. #251
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Meanwhile --- the lastest about Brother Hassan

    Galligan said he and Hasanís Army-appointed defense lawyer also arranged for one of Hasanís brothers to fly to Texas and join them at the hospital.

    "I really wanted to have time for him to be with a close family member," the lawyer said.

    He said the brothersí meeting was emotional, with Hasan looking stricken when his brother heard for the first time about his paralysis.

    "I could see it in his eyes," Galligan said. "I also witnessed the effect it had on his family member."

    The lawyer would not identify the brother.

    Hasan is in a neck brace, so his speech was "a little garbled," Galligan said. When asked to sign a power-of-attorney document, Hasan did "with some difficulty."
    Awww... I'm broken up inside about this... really. I love how CBS identifies Hassas as a "suspect". LOL.

    LINK
    ďI think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whatís being proposed here, heíd agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.Ē - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #252
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post


    Once again, we are putting words in people's mouths. I said the label does not matter.
    And that is why you will never comprehend what we are fighting.

    The facts do, finding ways to prevent it happening in the future does, finding out if any one else was involved definitely matters. Seeing him at the very least locked up for the remainder of his life matters. What we call him, that does not matter.
    If the facts truly mattered to you, you would not deny all the evidence this was an Islamic terrorist attack.

    You deny the eye witness testimony of what he shouted.

    You deny his "soldier of Allah" card he kept

    You deny his constant emotional speeches and passionate debates with others about Islam

    You deny his contact with an Islamic militant cleric overseas

    Then to top it all off, you accept obama's "theory" that it was something other than Islamic terrorism without a shred of proof. Even proof to the contrary since this man gave away everything he owned, gave the key of his apartment back to the landlord and even gave away his Qur'an. Yet you still hold on to the unsupported theory Obama suggested that he is crazy.

    We saw this delusion in people who couldn't accept Clinton had an affair with Lewinski until the dress appeared.

    Now you've taken it a step farther and deny real evidence that points directly to Islamic Extremism.

    It truly displays the inability of Liberals like yourself to judge people based on their actions and instead look for an alternative meaning no matter how far-fetched or unsupported because you cannot handle the reality that evil people do exist beyond the local political opposition.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #253
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    According to what definition of terrorism?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    You didn't answer the question... under what definition of terrorism?
    Well, lets see...

    First according to my own definition of it.

    Second according to the FBI's definition of it.

    All of which is irrelevant since I wasn't making an accusation in my statement but was asking a question.

    To Ockam or Agent Farris

    If an American Citizen whose Extremist Islamist kills a soldier in the states because he disagrees with their actions in the middle east for religious reasons, is it terrorism or murder?

    If an American Citizen whose a Fundamentalist Christian kills an abortion doctor in the states because he disagrees with their actions in their hospital for religious reasons, is it terrorism or murder?

    Neither are directly tied to any terrorist type group.

    I'm asking, in your own personal definition.

  4. #254
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    And that is why you will never comprehend what we are fighting.
    We are fighting a label? I thought we where fighting people who are a threat to our country and safety.



    If the facts truly mattered to you, you would not deny all the evidence this was an Islamic terrorist attack.
    This is a lie, I do not deny this.

    You deny the eye witness testimony of what he shouted.
    This is a lie, I do not deny this.

    You deny his "soldier of Allah" card he kept
    This is a lie, I do not deny this.

    You deny his constant emotional speeches and passionate debates with others about Islam
    This is a lie, I do not deny this.

    You deny his contact with an Islamic militant cleric overseas
    This is a lie, I do not deny this.

    Then to top it all off, you accept obama's "theory" that it was something other than Islamic terrorism without a shred of proof. Even proof to the contrary since this man gave away everything he owned, gave the key of his apartment back to the landlord and even gave away his Qur'an. Yet you still hold on to the unsupported theory Obama suggested that he is crazy.
    And another lie. I merely said that your are misrepresenting Obama's words.

    We saw this delusion in people who couldn't accept Clinton had an affair with Lewinski until the dress appeared.
    What does this have to do with anything?

    Now you've taken it a step farther and deny real evidence that points directly to Islamic Extremism.
    This is a lie, I do not deny this.

    It truly displays the inability of Liberals like yourself to judge people based on their actions and instead look for an alternative meaning no matter how far-fetched or unsupported because you cannot handle the reality that evil people do exist beyond the local political opposition.
    This is not what Obama did. He illustrated the need to investigate, suggested some unanswered questions, and chose to not jump to conclusions.

    Your whole post is nothing but flat out lies. Nothing you said is even remotely close to the truth. You are sinking to one of the lowest forms of political discourse, lying about your opponent to smear them. I have not denied any of the things you claim I have, not one. You cannot find a single quote where I have denied them. Are you so desperate to "win" this argument that you will stoop to any level?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #255
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Well, lets see...

    First according to my own definition of it.

    Second according to the FBI's definition of it.

    All of which is irrelevant since I wasn't making an accusation in my statement but was asking a question.

    To Ockam or Agent Farris

    If an American Citizen whose Extremist Islamist kills a soldier in the states because he disagrees with their actions in the middle east for religious reasons, is it terrorism or murder?
    If he kills one soldier - it's a murder. If he kills 13 soldiers, it's terrorism. Don't forget wounding 2 civilians as well. I'll go further - a Christian extremist who kills a soldier, or Jewish extremist, or a Hindu extremist... same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Neither are directly tied to any terrorist type group.
    Where in the definition of the FBI does it say it has to be tied to a specific group? You're claiming an individual cannot carry out an act of terrorism without being backed by a group -- and I'd urge you to rethink that, i.e., Oklahoma City --- and let's not forget the Unabomber. Kaczynski called his own acts terrorism and belonged to no group.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm asking, in your own personal definition.
    I believe an individual can carry out an act of terrorism against one person or a group of people without belonging to a group. Terrorism is not simply an act against a government or group meant to in-still fear but can be done by anyone. I think the Washington Sniper shot people to send chills of fear not to any one group but to an entire city of individuals.

  6. #256
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    If he kills one soldier - it's a murder. If he kills 13 soldiers, it's terrorism. Don't forget wounding 2 civilians as well. I'll go further - a Christian extremist who kills a soldier, or Jewish extremist, or a Hindu extremist... same thing.
    So mass murder due to a religious reason is terrorism to you?

    Where in the definition of the FBI does it say it has to be tied to a specific group? You're claiming an individual cannot carry out an act of terrorism without being backed by a group -- and I'd urge you to rethink that, i.e., Oklahoma City --- and let's not forget the Unabomber. Kaczynski called his own acts terrorism and belonged to no group.
    I never said it couldn't be a singular individual

    Ted Kaczynski specifically did his actions in hopes of using fear to send a political/ideological message, of which was made obvious by his letters he sent, thus in my mind making him a terrorist.

    The Oklahoma City bombing was done against a decisively non-military government target for reasons that it was come to discover that were clearly and singularly aimed at trying to send a political message to the government through immense destruction and death.

    I fully consider those terrorists acts. On the contrary, I don't consider the DC Sniper terrorism. There has been absolutely no clear cut obvious evidence that he was doing those attacks for a reason associated with sending some form of defined political or ideological message through the use of fear, with murder and or financial gain through extortion seeming to be the key goals. While it definitely "terrified" the population, I do not believe that in and of itself makes something a terrorist act. If a neighborhood store gets robbed it can cause "terror" in the population, that does not mean the robbery was an at of terrorism.

    Likewise in this case the evidence thus far has not indicated fully that this was done for clear and calculated reasons in hopes of sending a political message through fear. Instead if it appears to be the desperate act of a mentally disturbed man brainwashed by an extreme sect of a religion in hopes and beliefs that it would better serve him to kill those around him he viewed as wrong and die a martyr while doing it than to actually deploy to a war he felt went against his very beliefs. To me, that is not terrorism, its psychotic mass murder performed due to insane extremist religious beliefs.

    Too much people want to say "Look at the facts, its CLEAR". No, its not clear, its only clear if you look at the facts you want.

    People try to quote Col. Lee's comments about Hassan's comments Arkansas shooting and american aggressors as "clear evidence" it was simply and completely religious. And yet they choose to completely ignore Col. Lee's comments that other officers would routinely harass him, calling him "Rag head" and other sort of derogatives towards his race and religion that could lead one to conclude that there was an emotional and mental part of this incident.

    People tried early on to point out his brother stated he was always a muslim, not a convert, when the news first broke that he was a convert as proof he really always was a muslim yet ignores the fact his brother stated his Hassan always seemed to be a peaceful man.

    People point out reports coming out about the power point that he did saying how the army needs to allow Muslims to become conscientious objectors or bad things will happen as proof to their point, but ignore reports coming out that Doctors overseeing him during training felt he was "psychotic" and "capable of killing fellow soldiers" which would support the notion that his mental state came into play.

    They point out business cards he hands out with SoA on it as proof it was all his Islam, while failing to acknowledge the fact that the reason he (against muslims practices) stated he visited a local strip club was specifically because his fellow soldiers didn't go there leading to further evidence of a man that felt ostracized and separated from his fellow soldiers.

    People continually want to focus ONLY on the evidence that supports THEIR view that helps THEIR political cause and base their conclusions solely on that
    rather than on the facts as a whole.

    They point out a radical imam that he spoke with as proof it was all about radical islam, but fail to acknowledge the fact he did not do this until it was nearing his time to actually be deployed in the conflict.

    When you take the facts as a whole, this seems to not be a case of terrorism, but rather a mentally disturbed individual brainwashed by an extreme sect of a religion stuck in a position where in his twisted mind killing his fellow servicemen in the name of his perverted contortion of his religion was better than going to war against those he felt were his ideological brethren.

    That's not terrorism, that's murder.

  7. #257
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We are fighting a label? I thought we where fighting people who are a threat to our country and safety.





    This is a lie, I do not deny this.



    This is a lie, I do not deny this.



    This is a lie, I do not deny this.



    This is a lie, I do not deny this.



    This is a lie, I do not deny this.



    And another lie. I merely said that your are misrepresenting Obama's words.



    What does this have to do with anything?



    This is a lie, I do not deny this.



    This is not what Obama did. He illustrated the need to investigate, suggested some unanswered questions, and chose to not jump to conclusions.

    Your whole post is nothing but flat out lies. Nothing you said is even remotely close to the truth. You are sinking to one of the lowest forms of political discourse, lying about your opponent to smear them. I have not denied any of the things you claim I have, not one. You cannot find a single quote where I have denied them. Are you so desperate to "win" this argument that you will stoop to any level?
    Your post suggests an inability, or unwillingness to properly identify who the enemy is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Meanwhile --- the lastest about Brother Hassan



    Awww... I'm broken up inside about this... really. I love how CBS identifies Hassas as a "suspect". LOL.

    LINK


    Comrade Broadcasting System

  9. #259
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama now claims stress made the guy kill those soliders

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    But WHY would he be under stress if it wasn't for the very reasons he actually stated being his religion???
    And what of the 4,000 other Muslims in the Armed forces that did not go on a killing spree?

    Obviously there were reasons other than his religion wouldn't you say?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #260
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Obama Suggests Still Possible Hasan May Have Cracked Under Stress

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I'm wondering if Islam is to blame for this obviously insane act is Christanity to blame for abortion clinic bombings?
    Great analogy!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •