Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

  1. #21
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,289

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Irrelevant red herring. This isn't WW2.
    Wrong, we didn't have PC then. What would have happened?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #22
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,425

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You must have been livid when the lamestream media blamed this on Bush's Wars.
    Do you actually understand how the invasion of Iraq impacted the geopolitics of the Middle East? Just asking because your posts scream "no, I don't really know anything about that geopoli stuff."
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #23
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,425

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Wrong, we didn't have PC then. What would have happened?
    Sorry, your irrelevant hypothetical doesn't matter. You don't know because you didn't serve then, you can only speculate. So anything you say is worthless in this regard.

    Try again.
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You just made my point for me. Thank you!

    I'm sure Zyphlin thanks you as well.
    Nope, lets remember one of Rush's great wisdoms...words have meanings

    Insist: be emphatic or resolute and refuse to budge

    If people were "insisting" that his religion had no blame in this then they would've CONTINUED even after all the evidence was presented.

    That's not the case.

    Many posters did say that his religion MIGHT NOT have anything to do with it, but that it might, and they weren't going to make ASSUMPTIONS and leap to conclusions before evidence came out.

    Just like many of them said when the Census worker was hung and people started just ASSUMING that it was christians and tea parties

    Just like many of them said when the Muesum shooter happened and people started just ASSUMING it was done by muslims

    Just like many of them said when Tiller died and people made the ASSUMPTION it was a christian.

    Just like many of them said when the idiotic "B carved in her face" girl happened and people both just started to ASSUME that it was fake/real.

    In all those cases sometimes the ASSUMPTION was correct (Tiller), sometimes it was wrong (Mueseum), sometimes it's still not fully known. But that's not INSISTING anything, its stating you're not going to state definitively that something is FACT when there's no EVIDENCE to back it up.

    You used the word "insisting". Words have meanings. There's no one on this forum I can remember reading that has "insisted" after the actual FACTS have came out that his EXTREMIST religion views are not in some way to blame for this. And you have continued to not be able to provide a single solitary example of a case where any poster has been INSISTING that that is the case.

    You flat out lied to make your partisan political point.

  5. #25
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,425

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Despite everyone that served with him telling a different story?
    Everyone? Everyone who served with him are saying "Liberal PC prevented them from coming forward?"

    You aren't even being remotely honest now. But then again, honesty and critical thought aren't going to help your argument in this case.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #26
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,425

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You just made my point for me. Thank you!

    I'm sure Zyphlin thanks you as well.
    He didn't make your point? Did you actually read his post? It's the same thing as if I take this post of yours and say "you just made my point, thank you, I'm sure Councilman thanks you as well."

    wtf
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #27
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,362

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Okay. So you're admitting to just ranting and raving about a mystical, magical, imaginary friend that apparently thinks that way while addressing it to the whole forum...because you can not produce one single name and quote, let alone the plural needed for "ya'll", to show that someone on this forum insisting that his extreme islamic beliefs had absolutely no blame in this and that those that saw the warnings signs and did nothing are without blame.

    Well, thanks for admitting you were just completely bull****ting with that statement since you apparently can't back it up.
    So, you're argument is, I'm bull****ting you? great job! And, you're a mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #28
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you're argument is, I'm bull****ting you? great job! And, you're a mod?
    Really? Now you are playing the victim card? Did you even read his post?

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    What would the US Army of WWII done with him?
    Ah, I guess you're longing for the days of one of the biggest liberals EVER in this countries history American.

    Alright, if this was WWII and ole FDR was CIC I imagine...if we play the game its obvious you want to play....

    Instead of interring japanese (and some italian and germans) we'd inter muslims (and likely some of just arabic heritage).

    In this case we'd not be going after an ethnicity but an actual RELIGION, something that flies in the face of the constitution, so we would have ramifications from that point onward in this countries history that the government is free to enact punishment on people for nothing but their religious views.

    Its a far more connected and knowledgable world now than in WWII. As such there'd be far more uprising within this very country with people fighting back as it'd become known pretty quickly that the government was rounding up its own citizens instead of the confusion that was there early during the WWII incidents.

    Additionally due to a mix of that connectivity mixed with the fact that we are now not viewed as a big savior coming in to save the world but instead as the people that in some way have either started or escalated this conflict, world sentiment would be far, far greater against us then it would've been in WWII.

    Along with this, unlike WWII, there is not an similar and yet VASTLY worse situation occuring in the enemy country (as there was with the actual holocaust) to make our action seem far more mundane.

    Finally it would take a great deal of government funding to round up 2.5 million people, house them, feed them, and guard them, likely meaning war time taxes would need to be enacted for the forseeable future (which, unlike WWII, seems to have no reason to believe it'll end within a decade) or even greater amount of debt assumed by this country, along with troops needing to be removed from needed combat locations to domestic camp locations.

    I imagine that's what would happen if this was going on with the WWII set up in place.

    That'd be so much better.

  10. #30
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,362

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    He didn't make your point? Did you actually read his post? It's the same thing as if I take this post of yours and say "you just made my point, thank you, I'm sure Councilman thanks you as well."

    wtf
    Didn't take long for you to show up and help your pards. How did he make my point? Well, let's see.

    First, Doc says:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    God forbid we actually place the blame on the Islamic extremists who are trying to infiltrate our military, or the people who saw the warning signs and did nothing.

    Then, he says:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Myself and others argued that it wasn't necessarily motivated by his religion simply because he was Muslim.
    It's not hard, you're not ignorant, you're just in college, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •