Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Actually, no. Many assumed at first that he did this because he was Muslim. Remember, at this time there was no information about terrorist ties. Myself and others argued that it wasn't necessarily motivated by his religion simply because he was Muslim. We further argued that you can't blame the actions of the Islamic extremists on all of Islam, which many appeared to be doing. None of my arguments said anything about his PTSD, and in fact I think that angle is kind of a cop out. Frankly, I could care less about what motivated him. The point is that he did something horrible and should face the consequences. Nice attempt to make things up, though.
    You just made my point for me. Thank you!

    I'm sure Zyphlin thanks you as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #12
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I said liberal PC thinking, and that's how I feel about it. There is no room in the military for anything that hinders the mission or security. It would have been better to boot his ass out of the Army without counseling than to identify him as a risk and end up doing nothing for fear of some PC complaint.
    He should have been booted at the first sign of trouble. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with Liberal PC thinking, though. Why does it have to be one or the other? I think that if warning signs are seen, regardless of the person's religion or whatever, actions should be taken. His religion, in and of itself, should really have nothing to do with it. The fact the he's an extremist in his religion and that there were warning signs alluding to this should have been the main focus.

  3. #13
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    He should have been booted at the first sign of trouble. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with Liberal PC thinking, though. Why does it have to be one or the other? I think that if warning signs are seen, regardless of the person's religion or whatever, actions should be taken. His religion, in and of itself, should really have nothing to do with it. The fact the he's an extremist in his religion and that there were warning signs alluding to this should have been the main focus.
    Despite everyone that served with him telling a different story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #14
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You just made my point for me. Thank you!

    I'm sure Zyphlin thanks you as well.
    How did I make your point for you? What does his simply being a Muslim have to do with it? It's the fact that he's an extremist in his religion and that there were warning signs.

  5. #15
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    He should have been booted at the first sign of trouble. I honestly don't think it has anything to do with Liberal PC thinking, though. Why does it have to be one or the other? I think that if warning signs are seen, regardless of the person's religion or whatever, actions should be taken. His religion, in and of itself, should really have nothing to do with it. The fact the he's an extremist in his religion and that there were warning signs alluding to this should have been the main focus.
    What would the US Army of WWII done with him?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you serious? really? If I have to actually show that to you, then there's no need to do it, because you'll find some way to spin in the denial. Not gonna waste my time with it, bro.
    Okay. So you're admitting to just ranting and raving about a mystical, magical, imaginary friend that apparently thinks that way while addressing it to the whole forum...because you can not produce one single name and quote, let alone the plural needed for "ya'll", to show that someone on this forum insisting that his extreme islamic beliefs had absolutely no blame in this and that those that saw the warnings signs and did nothing are without blame.

    Well, thanks for admitting you were just completely bull****ting with that statement since you apparently can't back it up.

  7. #17
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Despite everyone that served with him telling a different story?
    I think it was flat out ignorance that led to this. Of course, that doesn't help serve your partisan agenda, so you have to tag on the opposing political ideology onto it.

  8. #18
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Again with the bull**** retreat into "PC is going to doom this country it's got to stop!" PC is an excuse that cowards fall back on when they don't have the balls to say what's on their mind. You don't like being labeled a fear mongering anti-Islamic asshole don't be one.

    Has anyone here actually prevented you from saying what you want? What PC law is there that will jail you for exercising your freedom of speech? You cannot prove PC has ever caused a single casualty. You can get on this forum and spout ignorant rhetoric about how PC is endangering you but you can't actually substantiate it.

    Military officers claiming they couldn't say anything about a radical Islamist whacko who was actively preaching to the officer corps and his patients because they feared being labeled as insensitive is crap. Those who claim that are either cowards and incompetent or they are liars.

    The people who howl about PC endangering this country are really just grasping in desperation for some kind of counter to being held accountable for their ignorance. It's the only way you can slap back at people who point out how irrational you really are. You exaggerate the impact of PC because you have to. Not because it's based in any reality.

    PC didn't cause this man to go unchecked, a lack of real interest in what he was doing did. If those officers actually testified to their commanders about what a nutjob this guy was something would have been done from within the Army. To say otherwise means you don't know **** about how the military works or you are willing to suspend disbelief for the purpose of forwarding your agenda.
    *insert profound statement here*

  9. #19
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    What would the US Army of WWII done with him?
    Irrelevant red herring. This isn't WW2.
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #20
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Fort Hood Suspect Warned of Muslim Threat Within Military

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    What would the US Army of WWII done with him?
    It probably wouldn't have even reached that point. Things were much more strict and less bull**** back then, for sure. Not to mention the fact that back then we put Japanese people into camps back then, so I'm sure we wouldn't have had qualms about booting that guy out. That's the thing, there has to be a middle ground between doing that and the way the current system is.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •