Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 137

Thread: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

  1. #1
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims - FOXNews.com

    They went out of concern and in respect of our Military without the fanfare and cameras like you can count on Obama to take full advantage of in his constant and continuous self aggrandizement. Obama will do everything he can to make it all about himself as he has everything else he's been involved in.
    I doubt seriously that you will ever hear Obama admit the Hasan was acting as an Islamic terrorist. And would never sign a death warrant that will be required when he is found guilty of murder. Obama will no doubt site some BS how this poor misunderstood Hasan was confused and was picked on. BOO HOO big deal.

    The Bushes entered and departed the sprawling military facility in secret, having told the base commander they did not want press coverage of their visit, a source told Fox News.

    Former President George W. Bush and his wife Laura secretly visited Fort Hood last night and spent "considerable time" consoling those who were wounded in Thursday's shooting spree, Fox News has learned.

    The Bushes entered and departed the sprawling military facility in secret, having told the base commander they did not want press coverage of their visit, a source told Fox News.

    The couple was described as "deeply concerned" about military families on Fort Hood after Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan allegedly opened fire on soldiers and civilians, killing 13 and wounding 38.

    The Bushes, who have a 1,600-acre property known as Prairie Chapel Ranch less than 30 miles from Fort Hood in central Texas, spent between one and two hours visiting the wounded and their families.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    That's a right good thing they did there.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #3
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    That's a right good thing they did there.
    Yes, it was. And Obama should have gone much sooner too.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  4. #4
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Good guy, that GWB.

  5. #5
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    This was a good thing Bush did, but why do you feel the need to politicize it? It had nothing to do with other than a kind act on the part of Bush.

    President Obama is the President for goodness sake, he has other things to attend to that are as important, Bush no longer does.

    Amazing the level of partisanship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #6
    Advisor Richard Nixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Seen
    10-26-16 @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    473

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    This is the Bush I like. A normal man. Not that weird neo-liberal war monger.
    www.thecaffeinemachine.com - looking for main-page political writers, so if anyone is interested send a PM (apologies if that violates any rules)

  7. #7
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This was a good thing Bush did, but why do you feel the need to politicize it? It had nothing to do with other than a kind act on the part of Bush.

    President Obama is the President for goodness sake, he has other things to attend to that are as important, Bush no longer does.

    Amazing the level of partisanship.
    My post did not in any way refer to anything political or any political position.
    It is you who are trying to politicized this act of compassion. I simply pointed out that some people care more about other people than they do about their own image. It's about the measure of a man and his integrity. Something Obama lacks.
    Politically I have over the years disagreed with GWB more than almost anyone in the office, until now.
    I feel it's important that everyone do a little reading and study into how to comprehend what you read so that you can stop projecting your automatic defense of what was not said. Your knowledge of Obama's lack of genuine concern over anything not Obama related is what caused you to do this. It's kind of sad.

  8. #8
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    This was a good thing Bush did, but why do you feel the need to politicize it? It had nothing to do with other than a kind act on the part of Bush.

    President Obama is the President for goodness sake, he has other things to attend to that are as important, Bush no longer does.

    Amazing the level of partisanship.
    Its their version of bells and whistles and a photography brigade.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #9
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its their version of bells and whistles and a photography brigade.
    As if you wouldnt do the same!... Gimme' a break!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #10
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    My post did not in any way refer to anything political or any political position.
    It is you who are trying to politicized this act of compassion. I simply pointed out that some people care more about other people than they do about their own image. It's about the measure of a man and his integrity. Something Obama lacks.
    Politically I have over the years disagreed with GWB more than almost anyone in the office, until now.
    I feel it's important that everyone do a little reading and study into how to comprehend what you read so that you can stop projecting your automatic defense of what was not said. Your knowledge of Obama's lack of genuine concern over anything not Obama related is what caused you to do this. It's kind of sad.
    Oh I am sorry I was mistaking this....

    "Obama to take full advantage of in his constant and continuous self aggrandizement. Obama will do everything he can to make it all about himself as he has everything else he's been involved in.
    I doubt seriously that you will ever hear Obama admit the Hasan was acting as an Islamic terrorist. And would never sign a death warrant that will be required when he is found guilty of murder. Obama will no doubt site some BS how this poor misunderstood Hasan was confused and was picked on. BOO HOO big deal.
    - Councilman

    For partisanship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •