Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 137

Thread: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

  1. #81
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I think history will judge Bush as a very good president.........Much better then Clinton or Hussein Obama...........
    Indeed. The Iraq War was a great decision that helped us crush Al Queda, the Taliban who supported them, and capture Osama bin Laden. All the people and institutions who were responsible for the worst attack on American soil in world history have been brought to justice.

    Really though, the Iraq War has been a disaster for the United States in almost every conceivable way. The worst one being that we're no longer considered a credible threat by any of our enemies; it is going to set the tone for how we are received by foreign powers for decades.

    The United States is like a declining mob family. "You don't have that kind of muscle anymore," is about the only thing anybody has to say to us.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 11-10-09 at 05:28 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  2. #82
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,731

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yes, let's not take a look at trends concerning Obama....Interesting though that you seem to be saying that taking a critical look at him is doing a disservice to America....Why? Can't he stand up to scrutiny?


    j-mac
    Read my post again. I never said that a critical look can't be taken at him. Read my post again, only slower. Reading is fundamental.

    What I said is that, if you post misleading polls, then people will be underestimating him, and that is the worst thing you can do. Underestimate him, then removing him will be a losing cause. Taking an honest look, and attacking at the chinks in his armor is the only way to do it. This is a war for the heart and soul of America, and we can't fight this war on false and misleading information. Obama, for what he is, is an enemy that is going to take a lot hard work to remove from office.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Indeed. The Iraq War was a great decision that helped us crush Al Queda, the Taliban who supported them, and capture Osama bin Laden.

    Really though, the Iraq War has been a disaster for the United States in almost every conceivable way. The worst one being that we're no longer considered a credible threat by any of our enemies; it is going to set the tone for how we are received by foreign powers for decades.

    The United States is like a declining mob family. "You don't have that kind of muscle anymore," is about the only thing anybody has to say to us.
    We are no longer a threat....because we are now broke, much like the soviet union of old. we are not broke because of wars, many of which I opposed, but because we spent money that we didn't have.

    This is not the first time this has happened, and it will not be the last.

  4. #84
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    We are no longer a threat....because we are now broke, much like the soviet union of old. we are not broke because of wars, many of which I opposed, but because we spent money that we didn't have.

    This is not the first time this has happened, and it will not be the last.
    No. It's about war.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  5. #85
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    What liberal point would that be? That Obama's approval ratings aren't good?


    The very point you made in post #68, or at least tried to make when you said

    "...that this whole "Messiah" nonsense has run its course. Wouldn't you say?"

    See I find those in the Obama camp as well as the narcissist n chief quite thin skinned when it comes to pointing out the obvious flaws in the mans persona.

    After all the same people that tout that it is passe to call the man Maobama, or Chairman, are the same people that not only called Bush much worse for much longer, but are the same ones that often resort to name calling whenever they think that some childish point can be made from it, or if they don't have the facts to back up their argument.

    So, to answer, no it ain't old, hell, its just getting warmed up. So for what those that supported Bush for his terms had to put up with, you and those that are so hyper offended by the cute names, or think that Rasmussen isn't worth posting unless there can come forth a call to stop pickin' on your President, I say what goes around.....And all like that.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Indeed. The Iraq War was a great decision that helped us crush Al Queda, the Taliban who supported them, and capture Osama bin Laden. All the people and institutions who were responsible for the worst attack on American soil in world history have been brought to justice.

    Really though, the Iraq War has been a disaster for the United States in almost every conceivable way. The worst one being that we're no longer considered a credible threat by any of our enemies; it is going to set the tone for how we are received by foreign powers for decades.

    The United States is like a declining mob family. "You don't have that kind of muscle anymore," is about the only thing anybody has to say to us.
    Horse****. We can still kick ass anywhere in the world.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    No. It's about war.
    The war in Iraq has not cost us all much more then the recent stimulus package, you need to read more on this subject.

  8. #88
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Read my post again. I never said that a critical look can't be taken at him. Read my post again, only slower. Reading is fundamental.

    Oh, oh yeah....That is the way to influence people, you must be a Dale Carnegie grad.


    What I said is that, if you post misleading polls, then people will be underestimating him, and that is the worst thing you can do. Underestimate him, then removing him will be a losing cause. Taking an honest look, and attacking at the chinks in his armor is the only way to do it. This is a war for the heart and soul of America, and we can't fight this war on false and misleading information. Obama, for what he is, is an enemy that is going to take a lot hard work to remove from office.

    So what's so "misleading" about the poll? I think it shows several trends that could be talked about, like to take notice of the two intersecting line there, they seem to coincide with the anger expressed at the town halls this past summer....Yeah, thats right, that means for all the "American people want it" crap you hear from liberals, they really, really don't! That is just one. But suppose you tell me what you find misleading about the poll.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #89
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The very point you made in post #68, or at least tried to make when you said

    "...that this whole "Messiah" nonsense has run its course. Wouldn't you say?"
    And it has, hasn't it? While admittedly many seemed star eyed by the guy during his campaign, the term "messiah" is a bit absurd, wouldn't you say? It's nothing more than partisan hackery. It got old after the first week. Now that the man has been President for nearly a year I think it's beyond old and time to perhaps move on.

    See I find those in the Obama camp as well as the narcissist n chief quite thin skinned when it comes to pointing out the obvious flaws in the mans persona.
    You won't hear disagreements from me here. Obama hasn't exactly been doing a wonderful job thus far. I still fail to see how pointing out low approval ratings automatically means that I'm a Liberal who is trying to prove some twisted point.

    After all the same people that tout that it is passe to call the man Maobama, or Chairman, are the same people that not only called Bush much worse for much longer, but are the same ones that often resort to name calling whenever they think that some childish point can be made from it, or if they don't have the facts to back up their argument.
    I thought that the nicknames for Bush were lame as well. Your point?

    So, to answer, no it ain't old, hell, its just getting warmed up. So for what those that supported Bush for his terms had to put up with, you and those that are so hyper offended by the cute names, or think that Rasmussen isn't worth posting unless there can come forth a call to stop pickin' on your President, I say what goes around.....And all like that.
    Please point out where I used a nickname for Bush. Aww, but see...that will point out your flawed logic in trying to group all Liberals together and judge them all as a whole, wouldn't it?

  10. #90
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Horse****. We can still kick ass anywhere in the world.
    You'll have to explain yourself a bit more. I don't really see how your enthusiasm compares well with our track record in Afghanistan/Iraq.

    The war in Iraq has not cost us all much more then the recent stimulus package, you need to read more on this subject.
    I'm speaking purely in terms of our centrality in the international political network. Our debt does not hurt us there because the United States still generates a ton of capital; people tend not to worry about crediting a large debtor provided that debtor is still generating enough capital to pay the interest fees; the United States can still pay the yearly interest fees for all our debt, meaning in the long run people crediting us will make more money, probably even if we suddenly said we weren't going to pay back a single penny (provided they credited with us long enough). Most people who credit the United States don't want us to pay back all our debt at once, because then they will make less money over the course of a decade or two; that's how usury works.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 11-10-09 at 05:46 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •