Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 137

Thread: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

  1. #101
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Come on. He isn't president any more. He has no photo ops to conduct. What he did here was an honest act.

    Kudos to Bush.
    I wasn't talking about him....the comment was made in regards to the people that immediately jumped on here with their bells and whistles and photo-ops.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #102
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    I wasn't. I have nothing against Bush that would led me to unnecessarily targeting him.
    Yes you were. Your statement was a response which you quoted as saying

    It would be hard to argue that GWB was -not- a Human while he was President.

    So you absolutely were referring to Bush. The entire conversation was focused around your pot shot that he isn't human.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #103
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Yes you were. Your statement was a response which you quoted as saying

    It would be hard to argue that GWB was -not- a Human while he was President.

    So you absolutely were referring to Bush. The entire conversation was focused around your pot shot that he isn't human.
    No. This was my first statement

    Great thing about being an Ex-President is that you are allowed to be Human again.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  4. #104
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    And there weren't people who still supported Bush regardless of what he did and how low his approval numbers were? Yeah, just Liberals do this...gotcha.

    Sure there were. Sometimes it does take a hindsight retrospect to see what you couldn't in the heat of the moment, but the current path is too important to just wait and see.


    You alluded to it by saying that I posted the approval ratings to prove some twisted Liberal point did you not? Have your doubts all you want. I could really care less what you think. I just find it humorous that you assume.

    I read it as the oft used liberal talking point of "Just give him a chance" meaning to not criticize until its too late. Maybe I was wrong...If so I am sorry.


    Again, your point?

    Trying to figure out yours.


    Liberals are just as guilty of it as Conservatives are. Both sides are full of ****.

    On this point, we can agree.


    So that justifies you doing it?

    Sometimes to take care of a bully, you have to issue a dose of his own medicine.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #105
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I was commenting on your statements bolded above. Regardless of how Iraq and Afghanistan turn out, no one can come within a parsec of our ability to wage war anywhere on the planet. No one has a Navy or Army or Air Force to come close. The only way someone can effectively counter our strengths is irregular warefare on their home turf and we have gotten very good at COIN.

    The fact is we beat the insurgency and the terrorists in Iraq. In 6 years! Nobody has ever been that successful against a terrorist organization. Not Algeria, not Vietnam. Iraq just passed an election law enabling Parliamentary elections to take place in January. They passed the open list provision, so Iran has limited influence over the election results. We have done quite well. Thanks to GWB.
    "Thanks to GWB?"

    First of all, Iraq can't be used as a measure of success simply because all of our investments into it came at the expense of our war against the Taliban and Al Queda, who were the only people we needed to requite in order to preserve our reputation as a superpower. Iraq could be the most glowing success of nation-building in the world, but it still wouldn't matter because every dollar that went into its infrastructure and security came by neglecting to show the same level of interest in Afghanistan. In short, Afghanistan went to crap for seven years because we were playing ball somewhere else.

    Second of all, it isn't even apparent that Iraq's new republic will survive yet -- indeed, I am inclining toward 'no'. We never decisively destroyed the terrorists, as you said -- our strategy depended on waiting for them to dissolve after the infrastructure was back and running and their young Iraqi recruits tired of playing bandits in the hills. That's still going on, just with the Iraqi Army as our substitute, and I am very skeptical the country's industry will get up and going fast enough to outpace the fanaticism instilled into the younger generations by being occupied by a foreign power and having their economy annihilated. We didn't leave because we crushed the enemy, but rather because the Iraqi-government we ourselves installed began demanding we leave because our presence was dividing a weak national consciousness they needed to survive as a government. Their assumption was their own strength would be sufficient to combat the terrorists [numbers isn't really the key in a war against terrorists, so even the Iraqi army can operate at about the same degree of success as the United States provided it has the right strategy and enough information], but that doesn't seem to be the case because their bureaucracy and security is highly corrupt.

    Like I said, you need to study this subject, and I will not take this thread off topic. I would be happy to discuss this elsewhere, though.....
    Keep saying it. I don't have to justify myself to someone who doesn't argue what he says.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 11-10-09 at 06:12 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  6. #106
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I read it as the oft used liberal talking point of "Just give him a chance" meaning to not criticize until its too late. Maybe I was wrong...If so I am sorry.
    Well, I'm not going to say that his entire Presidency is doomed. He could turn things around. It's highly unlikely, but who knows?

    Sometimes to take care of a bully, you have to issue a dose of his own medicine.
    And what bully would that be? Liberals in general? Did you do this specifically to the people who did it to you? Or did you do it to me who has no clue who you are and who has never engaged you in discussion.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    "Thanks to GWB?"

    First of all, Iraq can't be used as a measure of success simply because all of our investments into it came at the expense of our war against the Taliban and Al Queda, who were the only people we needed to requite in order to preserve our reputation as a superpower. Iraq could be the most glowing success of nation-building in the world, but it still wouldn't matter because every dollar that went into its infrastructure and security came by neglecting to show the same level of interest in Afghanistan.

    Second of all, it isn't even apparent that Iraq's new republic will survive yet -- indeed, I am inclining toward 'no'. We never decisively destroyed the terrorists, as you said -- our strategy depended on waiting for them to dissolve after the infrastructure was back and running and their young Iraqi recruits tired of playing bandits in the hills. That's still going on, just with the Iraqi Army as our substitute, and I am very skeptical the country's industry will get up and going fast enough to outpace the fanaticism instilled into the younger generations by being occupied by a foreign power and having their economy annihilated.



    Keep saying it. I don't have to justify myself to someone who doesn't argue what he says.
    O.k.....since you insist, how does a country that is 1.4 trillion in debt, pay these interest rates?

  8. #108
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    O.k.....since you insist, how does a country that is 1.4 trillion in debt, pay these interest rates?
    It's part of our yearly budget. People who are due a payment receive the payment per the schedule. If they weren't sure to receive interest payments, they wouldn't invest; most of our debt is still bought out of free will and a desire to profit, not just because of economic treaties with China that make it compulsory.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 11-10-09 at 06:09 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    It's part of our yearly budget. People who are due a payment receive the payment per the schedule.
    With what, we are broke?

    How do we pay these people, when we cannot even pay ourselves?

  10. #110
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: George W. Bush Secretly Visits Fort Hood Victims

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    With what, we are broke?

    How do we pay these people, when we cannot even pay ourselves?
    That's not how debt works. Interest payments are set and you can't just demand money any time you want from your debtor. The United States government still generates enough capital (from taxes and other things) to pay interest when the collectors come calling. It's all set on a calendar, so we can collect whatever amount of money that is due on a yearly basis when determining our budget and set it aside. Our problem isn't paying interest fees when they are due; it is getting rid of the debt which requires we pay those fees at all.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 11-10-09 at 06:22 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •