Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Koreas Exchange Fire on disputed sea border

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Koreas Exchange Fire on disputed sea border

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    I think they have their eyes on a tiny island.........
    I think they have their eyes on the security of their own economy.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: Koreas Exchange Fire on disputed sea border

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I think they have their eyes on the security of their own economy.
    Exactly, and Taiwan would go a long way to perserving that.

    They will make a trade, Taiwan, for south korea, they would love nothing more.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Koreas Exchange Fire on disputed sea border

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    Exactly, and Taiwan would go a long way to perserving that.

    They will make a trade, Taiwan, for south korea, they would love nothing more.
    No. The rest of the world would be outraged. It isn't worth it to them to have their biggest debtor in a position to fall into greater financial crisis AND to increase their influence and positioning at their doorstep.

    China ain't ever gonna let it happen.

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: Koreas Exchange Fire on disputed sea border

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No. The rest of the world would be outraged. It isn't worth it to them to have their biggest debtor in a position to fall into greater financial crisis AND to increase their influence and positioning at their doorstep.

    China ain't ever gonna let it happen.
    The rest of the world would be outraged, but that is about all they could muster. Like I said, they would not do this unless certain things happen, and I believe that this war would be all they would need to act. The U.S is in hock to China, we depend on them for imports, we are really in a bad place, as the only country that could possibly even take them on!

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Koreas Exchange Fire on disputed sea border

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    The rest of the world would be outraged, but that is about all they could muster. Like I said, they would not do this unless certain things happen, and I believe that this war would be all they would need to act. The U.S is in hock to China, we depend on them for imports, we are really in a bad place, as the only country that could possibly even take them on!
    Which is exactly why they will never put us in that position.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: Koreas Exchange Fire on disputed sea border

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Which is exactly why they will never put us in that position.
    We will have to agree to disagree on this.....

  7. #37
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Koreas Exchange Fire on disputed sea border

    China wants stability. They don't want North Korea imploding and them dealing with the refugees. The ROK and US don't either. However, if the cat gets out of the bag and NK attacks, I doubt that China will do much. Sure they want a stable Korean situation, but I doubt that they want war with the US. It would be a Catch 22 for them

  8. #38
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Koreas Exchange Fire on disputed sea border

    I'm thinking this will lead to exactly nothing until one side or the other teaches their Navy to shoot straight and there are some real casualties to prompt and escalation of some kind on one side or the other.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •