Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: Cao Jolts the House

  1. #31
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Cao Jolts the House

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Only the majority of koolaid drinkers. Americans don't support this. They know "scam" when they see it.

    Has anyone bothered to comment on the fact that the bill passed 220:215, and that this guys one vote was irrelevant and thus more than likely allowed by the House Minority Whip to keep that district in America's column after the 2010 elections?
    Sorry Scarecrow. You can view the vast majority of America as "Kool-aid" drinkers if you want. The reality is, most Americans want to see healthcare reform and most want a public option. Most Americans are tired of insurance companies lining their pockets off the health of the American consumer. The Republican party wants to get insurance companies in their backpocket....even if it means voting against the interests of the American public.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #32
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Cao Jolts the House

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The Huffington Post is as left-leaning as Rasmussen is right-leaning. They both are generally accepted as decent pollsters.
    No, Rasmussen is a mainstream polling firm that does NOTHING but polls. Huffington, is a rabid liberal , at least she is now. A few years ago, she was a rabid righty. Her current goal is to get as much traffic as possible onto her blog so that she makes the most money possible from advertising.

    This survey was paid for by MoveOn.org. Nuff said.

    Rasmussen hit the last presidential election dead on. When they post poll results, you can take them to the bank.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Cao Jolts the House

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Sure. In the UK.

    In the U.S., we have a representative democracy, which means that elected officials are to represent the interests and wishes of their constituency.

    Thanks for playing, though.
    Right.

    And when the interests and the desires of the constituents are at odds, the elected representative is supposed to look out for the interests, not the desires, with one major caveat:

    It has to be contained inside the Constitution.

    Every single Congressman that voted for this bill violated the Constitution.

  4. #34
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Cao Jolts the House

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    No, Rasmussen is a mainstream polling firm that does NOTHING but polls. Huffington, is a rabid liberal , at least she is now. A few years ago, she was a rabid righty. Her current goal is to get as much traffic as possible onto her blog so that she makes the most money possible from advertising.

    This survey was paid for by MoveOn.org. Nuff said.

    Rasmussen hit the last presidential election dead on. When they post poll results, you can take them to the bank.

    Whatever Dude.....you know what they say about opinions.

    I like Rasmussen...I watch their polls closely...as I do many others, including Huffington who is also a very credible pollster and was pretty accurate in the last election as well.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Cao Jolts the House

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry Scarecrow. You can view the vast majority of America as "Kool-aid" drinkers if you want.
    The majority of Americans don't want Messiah Care, and thus aren't koolaid drinkers.

    Not to forget to mention that your Messiah lost the entire Independent vote in two states just last week, and so where the hell do you get off saying anything about what the majority actually wants, when they've made it clear they're rejecting your Messiah?


    Are you people going to argue that one single vote from one single congressman in "Chocolate City" is going to refute the votes of people in two states showing a negative referendum on your Messiah's ability to lead this nation?
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 11-09-09 at 04:48 PM.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Cao Jolts the House

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Whatever Dude.....you know what they say about opinions.

    I like Rasmussen...I watch their polls closely...as I do many others, including Huffington who is also a very credible pollster and was pretty accurate in the last election as well.
    I am not sure Huffington does her own polls. She reports on other people's.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #37
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Cao Jolts the House

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    The majority of Americans don't want Messiah Care, and thus aren't koolaid drinkers.

    Not to forget to mention that your Messiah lost the entire Independent vote in two states just last week, and so where the hell do you get off saying anything about what the majority actually wants, when they've made it clear they're rejecting your Messiah?
    Wow....nice spin on that one.

    I don't think that you can extrapolate anything close to what you are attempting to claim from two governor races.....the same could be said about the rejection of the anti-Obama crowd from the d-23 congressional race.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Cao Jolts the House

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Wow....nice spin on that one.

    I don't think that you can extrapolate anything close to what you are attempting to claim from two governor races.
    Yes, I can.

    I just did.

    Historically, its significant.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    ...the same could be said about the rejection of the anti-Obama crowd from the d-23 congressional race.
    No, it can't.

    The Democrat wasn't running against the GOP and the mechanics of that election were severely skewed by the flakiness of the GOP nominee. What can be concluded from that election is that a third party candidate with no history and no experience managed to make it a real damn horse race, which is not a good sign for the socialists and Messiah Worshippers.

  9. #39
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Cao Jolts the House

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    In other words, the Republican party backed a candidate who was not a Conservative in order to win a seat, with the result being the same as if the Democrat had won. I am not surprised.
    This is why I laugh when republicans try to argue that a liberal republican is somehow better than a democrat republican or when republicans were "Oh my gosh your voting for a 3rd party candidate!Your handing the seat to the democrats, your throwing your vote away".
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #40
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Cao Jolts the House

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The Huffington Post is as left-leaning as Rasmussen is right-leaning. They both are generally accepted as decent pollsters.
    Disney... you really love to nip at the ol Kool-Aid all day long dontcha?
    Here is a can of ass-whoop to go along with yer juice. What flavor today?

    http://www.fordham.edu/images/academ...20election.pdf

    Most Accurate Polls for 2008 Virginia Virtucon

    SurveyUSA Blog Archive 2008 Pollster Report Card, Updated To Include Potomac Primaries

    In one he is middle of the pack, in the other he is #1.

    Try again.

    Don't spill any of yer juice... it's in short supply and soon to be taken off the shelves for mental health reasons.



    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 11-09-09 at 04:59 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •