Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 227

Thread: House majority votes in favor Health Care Bill

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: House majority votes in favor Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Comes Down View Post
    I'm not sure that selling insurance makes one an expert on the Constitution.
    Thanks to the Committee on Style, anyone can be an expert at the Constitution if they but try...that's what is so great about it.

  2. #202
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House majority votes in favor Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Comes Down View Post
    The piece I posted clearly identifies the experts, bro.
    Except, as has been pointed out, none of them have any expertise in what we are talking about, which is why they are irrelevant, and their opinions are not credible.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  3. #203
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House majority votes in favor Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Comes Down View Post
    I'm not sure that selling insurance makes one an expert on the Constitution.
    Cute, but we are talking about the bill, not the constitution, try to keep up.

    Anywho, I know the constitution very well, have studied it for school, college, and personal reasons for years, and the last century or so it has been violated, but of course, when people don't understand it and want to pout until they get their way, why should a little thing like the supreme law of the land, it's founding charter, and all basis for further law and policy get in the way.......right?
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: House majority votes in favor Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Cute, but we are talking about the bill, not the constitution, try to keep up.

    Anywho, I know the constitution very well, have studied it for school, college, and personal reasons for years, and the last century or so it has been violated, but of course, when people don't understand it and want to pout until they get their way, why should a little thing like the supreme law of the land, it's founding charter, and all basis for further law and policy get in the way.......right?
    But then again, it's about interpretation. So you're only as much of an "expert" on the Constitution as your opinions will allow you to be...

  5. #205
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House majority votes in favor Health Care Bill

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    But then again, it's about interpretation.
    Not really. There are instances where leeway exists, but words mean things. For instance, there is no valid argument for gun control, and no real arguments against ".....shall not be infringed", as well, the ninth and tenth amendments explicitly state that powers not delegated to the federal government are reserved to the states and lay down the very specific process for states to relegate more powers to the federal.

    At this point, politicians are using policy, and not proper procedure to get around very specific wording to keep the federal in check, the only interpretation is what should we call this willfull ignorance of the founding document, I like treason myself, but it doesn't fit the constitutional definition. Fraud maybe?

    There are some points that the constitution may have interpretations, like how far a right extends, or how much of a certain power the fed should have, but the actual amendments themselves are rock solid.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: House majority votes in favor Health Care Bill

    [quote=LaMidRighter;1058364916]
    Not really.
    Wait a minute...What kind of Constitutional expert are you?!

    Enjoy a dancing Barack.


  7. #207
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House majority votes in favor Health Care Bill

    [quote=EpicDude86;1058364919]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post

    Wait a minute...What kind of Constitutional expert are you?!

    Enjoy a dancing Barack.

    Seriously, read the whole of what I said. I explicitly said that much of the "interpretation" is not allowed as is done now, since it is not done by the correct processes. The interpretation argument is dangerous, in that it allows people to say, "the constitution means anything I want it to" which is a truly dumbassed way to think, or dishonest, words mean things.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: House majority votes in favor Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Seriously, read the whole of what I said. I explicitly said that much of the "interpretation" is not allowed as is done now, since it is not done by the correct processes. The interpretation argument is dangerous, in that it allows people to say, "the constitution means anything I want it to" which is a truly dumbassed way to think, or dishonest, words mean things.
    I think you might have just called the Founding Fathers dumb-asses.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the land of steers and queers
    Last Seen
    06-03-10 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: House majority votes in favor Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I know the constitution very well...and the last century or so it has been violated, but of course
    What rules and principles of construction do you follow to fairly and objectively ascertain the will of lawmakers at the time they made the Constitution, which one must do in order to determine what violates it?

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the land of steers and queers
    Last Seen
    06-03-10 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: House majority votes in favor Health Care Bill

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    I think you might have just called the Founding Fathers dumb-asses.
    I do that all the time.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •