Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 222

Thread: Fort Hood shooting: Nidal Malik Hasan 'said Muslims should rise up'

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Fort Hood shooting: Nidal Malik Hasan 'said Muslims should rise up'

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    I'm merely asking the question. How can I be right when I'm not advocating anything?
    good point, i withdraw my comments

    keep kicking obama's butt, friend

    cliff

  2. #112
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,025

    Re: Fort Hood shooting: Nidal Malik Hasan 'said Muslims should rise up'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Read much?

    Please try and think about what you are saying. These courts are being used in marital disputes.
    If both parties agree. No different then two parties deciding the terms of the divorce in private.

    Sharia law is extremely clear that the favor goes toward the man. Women cannot divorce without their husband's conscent, etc. In the UK, it even costs more for women
    And this is if both parties agree. If they do not then I do not see how this does not equate to Sharia law 'running' the neighborhoods of British citizens, I can not help what is at best your clear lack of reading comprehension or at worst a distortion of the matter.

    The Islamic Sharia Council is listed as a charity but people seeking a divorce, or talaq, must fill in a form and pay a fee. For a man it is 100; for women, it is 250 because the imams say it takes more work to process a woman's application as her word has to be corroborated.

    Under Muslim law, a man can divorce his wife simply by uttering the word 'talaq', yet a woman cannot be granted a divorce without the consent of her husband or winning a dissolution of the marriage from the imam. Even if the couple are divorced under British law, they remain married under Islam until divorced under the religious law, too.


    So, you are allowing a court to rule on divorce and other martial disputes that not only favors the man but persecutes the woman and you have the gall to pretend a woman in that kind of repressive society would actually have the understanding or choice that there are other courts open to her besides the one of her religion?

    Please tell me you aren't that naive. This is a brutal attack on women's rights and you should know that before defending such a despicable and draconian practice.

    Sharia law UK... How Islam is dispensing its own justice side-by-side with British courts | Mail Online
    Again my friend with a clear inability to the difference between what he is saying, what his conservative source is distorting and what the reality is, the source makes it clear that BOTH parties must agree to using Sharia law in order for it to have any power. Any talk of Sharia law being a violation of women's right is rubbish. If a Muslim chooses to divorce through it, that's HER prerogative. I'm still waiting for any evidence of Sharia law running the neighborhoods of British citizens. But since all you can do is provide rhetoric, hyperbolic and clearly deceiving 'news sources' I guess I'll just have to hold my breath.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Fort Hood shooting: Nidal Malik Hasan 'said Muslims should rise up'

    Quote Originally Posted by tjinta ibis View Post
    So far my theory that he was mentally disturbed first, then due to this went down that slippery slope that exacerbated his belief system, is holding out. There are plenty of American muslims who are angry about our occupations of muslim lands, but they aren't killing Americans because of it. This guy was disturbed, a religious fanatic, and surrounded by people who were involved in doing what he saw as a crusade against his religion. A very dangerous combination.
    Your narrative explains why Hasan acted. Your narrative doesn't explain why the Army failed to remove him after it was discovered he repeatedly expressed extremist views inimical to the organization of which he was a part. Nor does your narrative explain why was selected to attend Homeland Security conferences last year and early this year. We will never win a conflict when we can't bring ourselves to express the name of our enemy.

    The guy had Sudden Jihad Syndrome. Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, Jews, Christians, Animists, Atheists and Agnostics don't suffer from this malady. What are the causes of Sudden Jihad Syndrome?

  4. #114
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Fort Hood shooting: Nidal Malik Hasan 'said Muslims should rise up'

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If both parties agree. No different then two parties deciding the terms of the divorce in private.
    Sigh. Still looking through Western Value eyeglasses. When are you going to understand that Islamic culture does not view women and men equal?

    And this is if both parties agree. If they do not then I do not see how this does not equate to Sharia law 'running' the neighborhoods of British citizens, I can not help what is at best your clear lack of reading comprehension or at worst a distortion of the matter.
    How many times must you be reminded of how women are treated in Islamic households? They don't have rights. They dont have the ability to speak up and you think just because they are now living in a Western society all of those oppressive laws they live through at home will disappear? You can't be serious. You really believe because a Western government says both parties have to agree that means that women in Islamic households are going to suddenly realize they do have the power to be equal to men because a piece of paper says so?

    I see you completly ducked the fact that women have to pay more for a divorce. Why is that? Are you afraid to admit you were wrong about the equal treatment even under the "law"?

    Again my friend with a clear inability to the difference between what he is saying, what his conservative source is distorting and what the reality is, the source makes it clear that BOTH parties must agree to using Sharia law in order for it to have any power. Any talk of Sharia law being a violation of women's right is rubbish. If a Muslim chooses to divorce through it, that's HER prerogative. I'm still waiting for any evidence of Sharia law running the neighborhoods of British citizens. But since all you can do is provide rhetoric, hyperbolic and clearly deceiving 'news sources' I guess I'll just have to hold my breath.
    Since you have domonstrated you either have no ability to look beyond pretending all women around the world understand the western culture just because they live in a western state or you simply lack the understanding of how Islam views women as a whole, it doesn't matter. You simply cannot fathom that the vast majority of these women have no rights in their own home. Forget Sharia. Islamic households do not treat women equally with men. Until you can understand that you cannot begin to understand how trapped they are and no piece of paper is going to help you understand that the equality of women in the West is not shared in Islamic households or in Islamic law.
    Last edited by texmaster; 11-08-09 at 04:55 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #115
    Fool & Troll Handler
    MC.no.spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Fort Hood shooting: Nidal Malik Hasan 'said Muslims should rise up'

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    If someone in the army was saying that muslims should rise up and kill americans, and that he wanted people to strap on bombs and go to times square, and that he was giddy about US soldiers being killed, don't you think someone would have mentioned this before this incident?


    Answer:

    "fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim student kept officers from filing a formal complaint"
    General Casey, U.S. Army

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058352400


    The same disease that is on this board, fear of appearing discriminatory against Muslims.

    It's gross and pathetic.

    American lives have been lost due to political correctness.

    Instead of policy revisions to screen out risks to the military, such as Muslims who have close ties to the Middle East conflict, who wear Muslim garb, who shout anti-American rhetoric and cheer the enemy, the reverse is more likely to occur: More hate crime legislation, more push to have open mindedness concerning objections to the mission, etc.
    "Everyone has his axe to grind - his favorite fiction to pimp. We live in a world of hustlers and clowns."
    ~ Bob Somerby

  6. #116
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Fort Hood shooting: Nidal Malik Hasan 'said Muslims should rise up'

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If both parties agree. No different then two parties deciding the terms of the divorce in private.



    And this is if both parties agree. If they do not then I do not see how this does not equate to Sharia law 'running' the neighborhoods of British citizens, I can not help what is at best your clear lack of reading comprehension or at worst a distortion of the matter.



    Again my friend with a clear inability to the difference between what he is saying, what his conservative source is distorting and what the reality is, the source makes it clear that BOTH parties must agree to using Sharia law in order for it to have any power. Any talk of Sharia law being a violation of women's right is rubbish. If a Muslim chooses to divorce through it, that's HER prerogative. I'm still waiting for any evidence of Sharia law running the neighborhoods of British citizens. But since all you can do is provide rhetoric, hyperbolic and clearly deceiving 'news sources' I guess I'll just have to hold my breath.
    Ild also like to see evidence that police need guns to go into muslim areas. As i non-muslim ive never had any trouble entering these places.

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Fort Hood shooting: Nidal Malik Hasan 'said Muslims should rise up'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Sigh. Still looking through Western Value eyeglasses. When are you going to understand that Islamic culture does not view women and men equal?



    How many times must you be reminded of how women are treated in Islamic households? They don't have rights. They dont have the ability to speak up and you think just because they are now living in a Western society all of those oppressive laws they live through at home will disappear? You can't be serious. You really believe because a Western government says both parties have to agree that means that women in Islamic households are going to suddenly realize they do have the power to be equal to men because a piece of paper says so?

    I see you completly ducked the fact that women have to pay more for a divorce. Why is that? Are you afraid to admit you were wrong about the equal treatment even under the "law"?



    Since you have domonstrated you either have no ability to look beyond pretending all women around the world understand the western culture just because they live in a western state or you simply lack the understanding of how Islam views women as a whole, it doesn't matter. You simply cannot fathom that the vast majority of these women have no rights in their own home. Forget Sharia. Islamic households do not treat women equally with men. Until you can understand that you cannot begin to understand how trapped they are and no piece of paper is going to help you understand that the equality of women in the West is not shared in Islamic households or in Islamic law.
    sure, both parties must agree

    mrs abdullah and mr abdullah

    christine and pete

    LOL!

    SJS---sudden jihad syndrome

    PMS---post mohammedan stress
    Last edited by The Prof; 11-08-09 at 05:16 PM.

  8. #118
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Fort Hood shooting: Nidal Malik Hasan 'said Muslims should rise up'

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    If both parties agree. No different then two parties deciding the terms of the divorce in private.



    And this is if both parties agree. If they do not then I do not see how this does not equate to Sharia law 'running' the neighborhoods of British citizens, I can not help what is at best your clear lack of reading comprehension or at worst a distortion of the matter.



    Again my friend with a clear inability to the difference between what he is saying, what his conservative source is distorting and what the reality is, the source makes it clear that BOTH parties must agree to using Sharia law in order for it to have any power. Any talk of Sharia law being a violation of women's right is rubbish. If a Muslim chooses to divorce through it, that's HER prerogative. I'm still waiting for any evidence of Sharia law running the neighborhoods of British citizens. But since all you can do is provide rhetoric, hyperbolic and clearly deceiving 'news sources' I guess I'll just have to hold my breath.
    UK: Sharia law superseding British law - Jihad Watch

    OBL 11/24/02

  9. #119
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,025

    Re: Fort Hood shooting: Nidal Malik Hasan 'said Muslims should rise up'

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Sigh. Still looking through Western Value eyeglasses. When are you going to understand that Islamic culture does not view women and men equal?

    How many times must you be reminded of how women are treated in Islamic households? They don't have rights. They dont have the ability to speak up and you think just because they are now living in a Western society all of those oppressive laws they live through at home will disappear? You can't be serious. You really believe because a Western government says both parties have to agree that means that women in Islamic households are going to suddenly realize they do have the power to be equal to men because a piece of paper says so?

    I see you completly ducked the fact that women have to pay more for a divorce. Why is that? Are you afraid to admit you were wrong about the equal treatment even under the "law"?

    Since you have domonstrated you either have no ability to look beyond pretending all women around the world understand the western culture just because they live in a western state or you simply lack the understanding of how Islam views women as a whole, it doesn't matter. You simply cannot fathom that the vast majority of these women have no rights in their own home. Forget Sharia. Islamic households do not treat women equally with men. Until you can understand that you cannot begin to understand how trapped they are and no piece of paper is going to help you understand that the equality of women in the West is not shared in Islamic households or in Islamic law.

    This is tedious. Are your parents home? Because I don't see how a grown adult can keep arguing against the same simple facts over and over again and not understand what they are being told.

    Yes, Islamic culture in some aspects treats it's women bellow women. And what? The Muslim women that live in Western society have the choice to go through the courts of their religion OR those of the country they live in. Either way it's their prerogative regardless of whether you accept it or not.

    It is not any different then two secular parties agreeing to divorce terms in closed quarters and with little outside input. I keep reading your post and it does nothing to support the assessment that Sharia law is now running British neighborhoods. This is the third time I ask for such information.

    Aside from the fact that your post is a gross generalization of Islamic culture, you can't seem to comprehend that at the end of the day it is their prerogative if they want a 3rd party to help them solve their marital dispute regardless of what your beliefs are. What makes you think they wouldn't come to the same terms under British divorce law? Your argument ignores that at the end of the day:

    1) it's none of your silly business how these people decide to divorce.

    and

    2) the outcome would still be the same if the women are as brainwashed as you seem to think they are.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 11-08-09 at 05:44 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Fort Hood shooting: Nidal Malik Hasan 'said Muslims should rise up'

    lol, you used Jihad Watch as an example? As much as I love JW, They're gonna tear that reference up.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •