Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: One dead, five wounded in Orlando office shooting

  1. #11
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Two dead, 17 wounded in Orlando office shooting

    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #12
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Two dead, 17 wounded in Orlando office shooting

    One fatality, five wounded. The gunman is in custody says Orlando Police Chief. (FNC)

    OBL 11/24/02

  3. #13
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Eight People Reportedly Wounded in Orlando Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So when a muslim shoots people it's automatically terrorism attributable to Islam, but when a hispanic guy does it, it's just....what?
    Actually... YES.

    Can you name any instance of an Islamic Male shooting a bunch of people and it NOT being a religiously motivated attack either as part of a terrorist event or a lone wolf "Jihadist"?

    No, neither can I... but OH GOD WE CANNOT OFFEND THE MEMBERS OF THE RELIGION OF PEACE!!!!


    Seriously, this PC tippy toe around Muslims **** is getting REALLY old.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #14
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Eight People Reportedly Wounded in Orlando Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Actually... YES.

    Can you name any instance of an Islamic Male shooting a bunch of people and it NOT being a religiously motivated attack either as part of a terrorist event or a lone wolf "Jihadist"?

    No, neither can I... but OH GOD WE CANNOT OFFEND THE MEMBERS OF THE RELIGION OF PEACE!!!!

    Seriously, this PC tippy toe around Muslims **** is getting REALLY old.
    It's not "PC tippy toe," as I don't really give a **** if anyone is offended. It's a logical quandry for which I haven't yet received a satisfactory answer.

    Let's try it this way - tell me which of these scenarios you consider "terrorism":

    1) Muslim shoots up building because he believes his faith requires it
    2) Muslim shoots up building because he has mental issues
    3) Muslim shoots up building because he has mental issues and believes that his faith allows it in certain circumstances
    4) Muslim shoots up building because he was bullied and wants revenge
    5) Police raid a radical Muslim compound, Muslims shoot back, killing police
    6) Christian shoots up building because he believes his faith requires it
    7) Christian shoots up building because he has mental issues
    8) Christian shoots up building because he has mental issues and believes that his faith allows it in certain circumstances
    9) Christian shoots up building because he was bullied and wants revenge
    10) Police raid a radical Christian compound, Christians shoot back, killing police
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Eight People Reportedly Wounded in Orlando Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    It's not "PC tippy toe," as I don't really give a **** if anyone is offended. It's a logical quandry for which I haven't yet received a satisfactory answer.

    Let's try it this way - tell me which of these scenarios you consider "terrorism":

    1) Muslim shoots up building because he believes his faith requires it
    2) Muslim shoots up building because he has mental issues
    3) Muslim shoots up building because he has mental issues and believes that his faith allows it in certain circumstances
    4) Muslim shoots up building because he was bullied and wants revenge
    5) Police raid a radical Muslim compound, Muslims shoot back, killing police
    6) Christian shoots up building because he believes his faith requires it
    7) Christian shoots up building because he has mental issues
    8) Christian shoots up building because he has mental issues and believes that his faith allows it in certain circumstances
    9) Christian shoots up building because he was bullied and wants revenge
    10) Police raid a radical Christian compound, Christians shoot back, killing police
    Which religious group has members at war with the West?

    Christians? Muslims? Jews? Hindu's? Buddist? Atheist?

    DING DING DING! We have a winner!

    Muslims!

    So when a muslim goes off killing people, chances are, he was inspired by his brethren, and thus it's terrorism.

    YOU CLAIM you don't care if you offend someone, but you are going out of your way to find some other justification for the actions of a Muslim terrorist.. other then terrorism because that would just be stereotyping and not all muslims are like that..

    You are PC to the core Right, you really are.

    If, during the 80's, a Catholic blew up a Protestant church in the USA, that would be terrorism, even if he hadn't stepped foot in Ireland, he was inspired by the "troubles" and would be called for as such.

    Get off the PC badnwagon, it makes you look weak.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #16
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Eight People Reportedly Wounded in Orlando Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Which religious group has members at war with the West?

    Christians? Muslims? Jews? Hindu's? Buddist? Atheist?

    DING DING DING! We have a winner!

    Muslims!

    So when a muslim goes off killing people, chances are, he was inspired by his brethren, and thus it's terrorism.

    YOU CLAIM you don't care if you offend someone, but you are going out of your way to find some other justification for the actions of a Muslim terrorist.. other then terrorism because that would just be stereotyping and not all muslims are like that..

    You are PC to the core Right, you really are.

    If, during the 80's, a Catholic blew up a Protestant church in the USA, that would be terrorism, even if he hadn't stepped foot in Ireland, he was inspired by the "troubles" and would be called for as such.

    Get off the PC badnwagon, it makes you look weak.
    Are you arguing that the question of whether or not Person A's actions constitute "terrorism" is entirely dependent on what Persons B and C (who are in no way related to Person A except for membership in the same billion-person religion) do in other countries?

    I'm not asking you to draw conclusions about what is or is not likely the secret motivations of an individual. I'm presenting you with very clear hypotheticals and asking you to explain your position. I hope that you'll answer my question.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Eight People Reportedly Wounded in Orlando Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Only if his name was arabic and he was muslim...

    Since he's not... we can't. See how EASY that was?
    So if he's Christian can we blame Christianity?
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  8. #18
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: One dead, five wounded in Orlando office shooting

    I'm really upset about this.

    But I wonder what his religious history is, I wonder if he became religious recently, I wonder if he shouted anything while shooting people, I wonder if he was talking with other religious cohorts on chat-boards, I wonder if his religious cohorts are funded by evil religious states, I wonder if these religious states ignored the religious cohorts organizing, I wonder why they hate me.

    I wonder if his garbs can tell us anything about his motives.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  9. #19
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: One dead, five wounded in Orlando office shooting

    Looks to me like he was someone that came unhinged because he was fired from the firm a couple of years ago.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #20
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: One dead, five wounded in Orlando office shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So when a muslim shoots people it's automatically terrorism attributable to Islam, but when a hispanic guy does it, it's just....what?
    Illegal Immigration
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •