Page 50 of 124 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1236

Thread: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

  1. #491
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, he's not kidding you. This is how he thinks. This is how many extremists on this forum think.
    I resent your characterization. Many people are re-thinking their positions on Islamic acts of offensive Jihad due to this shooting. Maybe you will, too.

    OBL 11/24/02

  2. #492
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    if 2.5 billion thought as the savages did. There isn't an army big enough to stop em.
    If a sizable portion of that 2.5 billion aligned themselves philosophically against the minuscule portion of "savages" and committed themselves to the eradication of their extremism, the problem would be solved overnight.

  3. #493
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Laila's pretty westernized. Have you seen her pics?

    And the most amusing thing is that those were my most modest pictures o.O

    if 2.5 billion thought as the savages did. There isn't an army big enough to stop em.
    Good thing only a small minority thing like that.


  4. #494
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority View Post
    If a sizable portion of that 2.5 billion aligned themselves philosophically against the minuscule portion of "savages" and committed themselves to the eradication of their extremism, the problem would be solved overnight.



    True....


    If the majority of people against abortion...

    If the majority of people against poverty

    If the majority of people against driving while texting

    If the majority of people......


    point being, until we stop making excused for our apathy, This argument, one I used to use all the time, doesn't hold water in the big picture of things.


    yes, MANY MANY muslims are apathetic, or quietly support these savages in certain hot bed countries. but for the vast majority, they are like you and I and just want to live thier lives.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #495
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority View Post
    If a sizable portion of that 2.5 billion aligned themselves philosophically against the minuscule portion of "savages" and committed themselves to the eradication of their extremism, the problem would be solved overnight.
    No it wouldn't.

    The problem lies in issues surrounding uneducation, corruption and poverty etc, many countries where extremism is alive. These problems are close by.
    You will not solve this problem through just getting a bunch of Muslims turning around and telling the extremists 'You are wrong'. You remove their support base by removing the reasons they exist.


  6. #496
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post

    And the most amusing thing is that those were my most modest pictures o.O


    YOU LIAR! PROVE ME WRONG! POST EM NOW!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #497
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,440

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by MC.no.spin View Post
    Could not agree more.

    "Being made fun of" is definitely a pathetic excuse; he was also a psychiatrist and is supposed to be more aware of how to deal with such responses from others.
    Sure, if all it boils down to is "being made fun of." It's quite possible it was much more than that, more long term. Further you have no idea what this individuals mental state was prior to and during this incident. There may be many factors. You can't take his profession and say "well he should have known himself better, he's a psych doctor." If he's having an emotional breakdown his perspective becomes skewed, reality changes.

    There is something very wrong with the fact he was allowed to stay in the military when months ago his postings on the internet were discovered, where he was found to be cheering radical Islam in other troop attacks, and clearly voicing anti-American sentiment.
    I agree. If the military actually had information that one of their officers was making comments like this they should have done something. Of course I've yet to actually have any of your characterizations substantiated, but let's not wait for a detailed assessment of what he actually said. Saying Muslims in Iraq should stand up against Americans isn't cheering radical Islam. It's voicing dissent about our invasion of Iraq and making statements that should have had him thrown out of the military. Equating a suicide bomber who attacks military targets to a soldier throwing himself on a grenade or a kamikaze pilot isn't "cheering" radical Islam (which would actually have to consist of him making specific comments encouraging suicide bombers and such...which he may have, but not to the blog entries I've read). It's a very skewed rationale he had in my opinion, but I didn't see him encouraging Muslims blow themselves up.

    Let's just cut some of the myopic bull**** that some here are proliferating. The majority of Iraqi's don't want us there, they haven't wanted us there for some time. The majority of Iraqi's are Muslim. The majority of insurgents are Muslim. Resisting the American occupation of Iraq doesn't make you a radical Muslim, it makes you someone who is resisting the American occupation. There is a difference between someone who is simply a Muslim insurgent and someone who is a radical Muslim extremist.

    The limp-wristed left wants to turn this into a "must defend the minority" campaign about being mean to Muslims.
    And the intolerant, ignorant, and extremist right is making this all about the perils of evil Islam and playing at their usual rush to conclusions about things. I see the same thing in the ME forum all the time. The majority of extremist anti-Islamics that argue in there are completely ****ing clueless about the history of the region and how things actually played out. Like our friend mbig here...he'll take anything that supports his most extremist point of view and call it fact. He's yet to produce an objective source for his claims...or even a remotely unambiguous source. If a Muslim is involved in a death it's because of religion...period...that's how the thinks.

    That's not the point. The real issue is that American lives are lost because of "political correctness" and being afraid to offend those who hate America.
    Patently false and completely unsubstantiated. This is the anti-Islam fallback and it plays out here all to often. Rather than actually articulate an intelligent case that proves your assertions and justifies the sweeping and ignorant condemnations that are being cast the anti-Islam goon squad decries "PC PC PC" and just snickers amongst themselves as if they have all the answers because they can link a dozen websites on the net that say Muslims are bad and Islam is evil.

    Yes, reason and intelligent examination of the issue is so overrated. Why not go with your "gut" and say what you "know or believe in your heart." Remember those savage blacks who wanted to rape our women?
    *insert profound statement here*

  8. #498
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    exactly....

    not even .001% though.

    Let someone say I am defending this islamic fascist savage..... I haven't had any points in a while.
    This is actually an over arching issue I have with people on a lot of things with Politics.

    They will have a legitimate, recognizable, actually reasonable gripe...

    ...in this case anger and a problem with muslim extremists who press their religion to far, and possibly even a culture that is afraid to point that out before hand...

    ...and then they explode it and over blow it to such a huge extent that no only does their actual legitimate issue get washed away, but they say SUCH outlandish things that it actually makes some people second guess that actual legitimate thought due to the insanity that some of those originally pushing it immedietely move onto.

    Nevermind the ironic dark humor of the fact that part of the reason our culture IS so afraid to point out the extremism before hand is in part caused also due to a segment of the population that think having Palestinean Parents and wearing traditional garb (such as what Mc.No.Spin originally presented as reason enough that he shouldn't be allowed in the military) is enough to be considered "risky extremist behavior".

    I always wonder how much more support various political views or movements could get if they'd focus on reality rather than the hyped up or trumped up threats/scenarios/interpritations.

  9. #499
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post

    And the most amusing thing is that those were my most modest pictures o.O
    I noticed you've made your profile private. I feel like I have missed out on something fantastic!

  10. #500
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    YOU LIAR! PROVE ME WRONG! POST EM NOW!
    LOL

    I wouldn't want to derail the thread but if you like I could PM you one


Page 50 of 124 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •