Page 49 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1236

Thread: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    OORRRRRRRRR....it could boil down to a mentally imbalanced individual lashing out at those who have harassed him and the system that is forcing him into some kind of nightmare by sending him to fight a war that he is against.

    Would you concede there is a difference between a man who kills because he is having a mental breakdown and happens to be Muslim and a Muslim who kills because he is executing what he believes is his religious duty to murder infidels?
    Then, why was he heard to be shouting "Alahu ackbar"?

    And this from the Guardian of all places: Fort Hood gunman Nidal Malik Hasan shouted 'Allahu Akbar' as he opened fire | World news | guardian.co.uk

    Agents were checking back on website postings by a man who identified himself as Nidal Hasan that appeared sympathetic to suicide bombings.
    Sounds to me like the "Muslim who kills because he is executing what he believes is his religious duty to murder infidels" option is gaining ground.

  2. #482
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Islam is a way of life masquerading as a religion. Pure subversion.

    Muslims first allegiance is submission Islam regardless of how liberal, democratic or authoritarian the society they live in is.

  3. #483
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So when do think Laila will crack..... Come on man.... there are a billion muslims... People don't need god to go on a kill crazy rampage, all they need is thier mankindedness, God is just the excuse possibly in this case....
    She may never crack. But then again, the seed may take root after she sees Western culture taking her future children down the wrong road and she decides that she doesn't want her children to become that Westernized.

    What we can't deny is that Islam, literal and fundamental, will still be there, unchanged and old school, waiting to be taken up by those willing to accept it's instruction.

    OBL 11/24/02

  4. #484
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Didn't take long for people to start making excuses for clown. In a couple days, he's gonna be the victim.
    No one is making excuses and no one will make him a victim. You cannot justify murder, especially in this context.


  5. #485
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So when do think Laila will crack..... Come on man.... there are a billion muslims... People don't need god to go on a kill crazy rampage, all they need is thier mankindedness, God is just the excuse possibly in this case....
    The religious thing always reminds me of something more close to me, and is geeky, when I hear about this stuff. I'm sure someone will say I'm "defending" this guy, which I'm not and would be a laughable claim. But this is my issue at times with saying definitively "X caused it, see, because he said/did Y".

    I am a geek at heart and played D&D for years upon years. During that time I heard every horrible thing about it possible, and all the horror stories. The ever popular ones of people murdering, or attempting to murder someone, and stating that its because they wanted to "level up in the game" or because "I thought I had powers" or "we were acting out the game" or whatever other idiotic thing. And the press and the religious folks and those looking for ways to sensationalize stories or attack those that are different leap upon it talking about how D&D caused these people to do this.

    However, when you look at their history there's mental disorders, there's bad home environments, there's ostricization and extreme bullying, etc.

    Yet no, its the games fault.

    Its the same thing with people blaming "Doom" for Columbine, Blink 182 for their child hanging themselves, or a plethora of movies for a person taking action.

    Often times, things act as a trigger or as a way for the brain to rationalize out what it wants to do rather than the true cause. That's not to say it can't add into it. Sure, maybe roleplaying isn't good for someone that is deeply seeking to disconnect with reality. Sure, maybe watching a vigilante movie isn't good for a guy with psychotic delusions. Sure, they likely played a part in it. But its ludicrous to say that its those things faults specifically, because if that was the case and not all the exterior factors that also played into it, we'd be having hordes of people who played First Person Shooters annihilating schools all over.

    In many ways Religion is the same way...be it an extreme christian activist killing an abortion clinic doc or a muslim extremist shooting at our troops.

    Religion most definitely had a part in it, and may've helped motivate it, but it likely didn't singularly cause it. 2.5 million muslims aren't going into army bases and shooting people. Not even 5% of that population is doign that. So to act like its Religion alone, and that other things about his mental state, the way he was treated, and other issues is an ignorant task to do and just doesn't stand up to logic.

    That doesn't excuse what he did, in any way. Finding the reason for why something happened is not the same as saying what happened is okay or fine. It doesn't say that whe he did wasn't religiously motivated, it seems clearly it was. What its saying is its likely far, far more complex then simply "he's a muslim so he killed people", because reality and logic just completely are lacking from that accessment.

  6. #486
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,588

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    She may never crack. But then again, the seed may take root after she sees Western culture taking her future children down the wrong road and she decides that she doesn't want her children to become that Westernized.

    What we can't deny is that Islam, literal and fundamental, will still be there, unchanged and old school, waiting to be taken up by those willing to accept it's instruction.



    Laila's pretty westernized. Have you seen her pics?




    look man, there are extreme savage islamic fascists.... But they are the minority. If it were as you say one click away from a kill crazy rampage for these 2.5 billion people, then we would be not only in a world of hurt, but be at gunpoint conversion.



    if 2.5 billion thought as the savages did. There isn't an army big enough to stop em.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #487
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    She may never crack. But then again, the seed may take root after she sees Western culture taking her future children down the wrong road and she decides that she doesn't want her children to become that Westernized.

    What we can't deny is that Islam, literal and fundamental, will still be there, unchanged and old school, waiting to be taken up by those willing to accept it's instruction.
    Lol, so I 'may' crack?

    Western culture doesn't take children down the wrong road. Parenting and lack of discipline and respect does.
    My children will be given more freedom than I was given and I happen to think I turned out quite well.


  8. #488
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post



    if 2.5 billion thought as the savages did. There isn't an army big enough to stop em.
    Well maybe China could muster up enough troops

  9. #489
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,588

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The religious thing always reminds me of something more close to me, and is geeky, when I hear about this stuff. I'm sure someone will say I'm "defending" this guy, which I'm not and would be a laughable claim. But this is my issue at times with saying definitively "X caused it, see, because he said/did Y".

    I am a geek at heart and played D&D for years upon years. During that time I heard every horrible thing about it possible, and all the horror stories. The ever popular ones of people murdering, or attempting to murder someone, and stating that its because they wanted to "level up in the game" or because "I thought I had powers" or "we were acting out the game" or whatever other idiotic thing. And the press and the religious folks and those looking for ways to sensationalize stories or attack those that are different leap upon it talking about how D&D caused these people to do this.

    However, when you look at their history there's mental disorders, there's bad home environments, there's ostricization and extreme bullying, etc.

    Yet no, its the games fault.

    Its the same thing with people blaming "Doom" for Columbine, Blink 182 for their child hanging themselves, or a plethora of movies for a person taking action.

    Often times, things act as a trigger or as a way for the brain to rationalize out what it wants to do rather than the true cause. That's not to say it can't add into it. Sure, maybe roleplaying isn't good for someone that is deeply seeking to disconnect with reality. Sure, maybe watching a vigilante movie isn't good for a guy with psychotic delusions. Sure, they likely played a part in it. But its ludicrous to say that its those things faults specifically, because if that was the case and not all the exterior factors that also played into it, we'd be having hordes of people who played First Person Shooters annihilating schools all over.

    In many ways Religion is the same way...be it an extreme christian activist killing an abortion clinic doc or a muslim extremist shooting at our troops.

    Religion most definitely had a part in it, and may've helped motivate it, but it likely didn't singularly cause it. 2.5 million muslims aren't going into army bases and shooting people. Not even 5% of that population is doign that. So to act like its Religion alone, and that other things about his mental state, the way he was treated, and other issues is an ignorant task to do and just doesn't stand up to logic.

    That doesn't excuse what he did, in any way. Finding the reason for why something happened is not the same as saying what happened is okay or fine. It doesn't say that whe he did wasn't religiously motivated, it seems clearly it was. What its saying is its likely far, far more complex then simply "he's a muslim so he killed people", because reality and logic just completely are lacking from that accessment.



    exactly....

    not even .001% though.


    Let someone say I am defending this islamic fascist savage..... I haven't had any points in a while.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #490
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,588

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Well maybe China could muster up enough troops



    maybe wabbit, just maybe......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 49 of 124 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •