Page 37 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1236

Thread: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 04:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    He snapped. I couldn't agree more. Did he snap because he is Muslim and his faith commanded him too? Or did he snap because he became emotionally unhinged over being forced to fight in a war he didn't believe in?

    There is a huge difference in the two. Some in this thread are insinuating he did this because he's a Muslim and that's what Muslims do...because of their religion. This guy may very well have been a Muslim but also snapped because of severe emotional strain. You don't know otherwise. I don't know otherwise.

    So you're a mind reader as well? Have you seen "The Men Who Stare at Goats?"

    You don't do your argument any favors when you decide that you know what I'm thinking and what I'm trying to hide behind. You are completely wrong in your assessment of what's going on in my mind and what the reality of this situation is. You've lived in a fish bowl apparently.

    You're very words betray your very one track mind on this subject. You've studied your enemy since 1993? And who is your enemy Gunny? Islam? Or religious militant extremists?
    I agree. I was discussing earlier in the thread based on the known facts that it appears that he had reached his breaking point and snapped.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    This was you. Not me.

    It was likely that this was a 1 to a handful of shooters all day. The amount of shooters didn't matter. Either way, his (their) faith and personal beliefs in this war "against Muslms" was and is a very huge part. Of this, I have not wavered and have been consistent. It's amazing you people still don't quite understand what I do.

    Everything else was for the masses who needed their daily drama from TV. The drama will persist for those who are far removed from this fight going on far from their borders, but obviously leaks into the fabric of American life.
    You have such a jaded view of civilians. You're so convinced you're right that it has blinded you to all other possibilities.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 04:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Remember Tim McVeigh....a militant with a very non-muslim name. But I think his motivations were more political than religious.

    But he certainly was a ex-soldier with a grudge.

  4. #364
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You've not proven anything yet. I'll ask again, how many of those deaths were the result of Muslims acting on their religious beliefs and not some other factor such as war for land, social dominance, political issues, etc?

    Please answer the question.
    The Great majority of those were Muslims acting on religous beliefs

    We're not talking and NOT counting street crime. (Low IQ liberals love that idiotic comparison of , ie, murder rates or 'domestic violence'; Islam doesn't even count unless the wife dies.)
    (Or EDIT above .. Goofy posts saying naming McVeigh as if he was acting in the name of chrsitian Jihad or Christian principal.)


    Virtually everywhere Islam touches another religion.. war.

    and as I said a few pages ago- my posts are FULL of facts-- yours just semantic BS.. trying to Bluff your way through.

    Your posts are notably EMPTY cheap shots.

    You have demonstrated NO knowledge of the topic whatsoever-- merely a transparent and Failed attempt to recategorize violence demosntsrated by me and more than one link to Islamism.
    ('trop'/the religionofpeace.com counts only attacks in the name of Islam and most of the things I cited .. the same)
    Last edited by mbig; 11-06-09 at 01:31 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  5. #365
    U mad bro?

    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    06-15-18 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,100

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    So..it could have been an ingrown toenail for all we know? Please. Do you really need reporters to give you what you already suspect and know? You are not a court of law. If he was headng to a war against non-Muslims you wouldn't even know his name.
    What I already suspect and know? We don't all think like you, and you don't have the market cornered on the logical process Gunny. You can wite off my fifteen years of law enforcement, much of which was spent investigating violent offenders and actually gathering facts about motives and causes, and just say "well you know what you're thinking, you know what you believe." But it will get no traction. I don't assume certain things and then say I know them to be facts. I'll leave that to you and some of the others.

    Well, that's the question. The militant enemy is the extremist.
    Not necessarily. A militant enemy may in fact simply be an insurgent group that strikes against foreign occupiers because they're foreign occupiers. In that case you're as much an "extremist" as they are.
    But the civilization that breeds this enemy is....what? Just hapless bystanders?
    What? The civilization? No Gunny, it's not "the civilization" that breeds "this enemy." It's an element within society. There are literally hundreds of millions of Muslims who've never lifted a finger in jihad nor ever will. Because they choose not to. There are religious extremists within Islam who prey upon at risk Muslims. It's very deliberate and it's very systematic. It's also a very minority situation. You cannot prove otherwise.

    And what was Germany to the Nazi?
    How much do you know about Adolf Hitler Gunny?
    Last edited by Lerxst; 11-06-09 at 01:35 AM.
    Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS, affects millions of right wing Americans. Symptoms include frequent use of "whataboutisms," irrational rants about how the DNC, GOP, MSM, FBI, NSA, CIA, and FB are all conspiring to get Trump, blaming Obama and/or Clinton for things Trump has done or is doing, and a bizarre admiration for Vladimir Putin. Known TDS vectors are Fox News and the @RealDonaltTrump twitter feed.

  6. #366
    Stabler Genius
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,692

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    You have such a jaded view of civilians. You're so convinced you're right that it has blinded you to all other possibilities.
    You are actually absolutely correct about my views towards civilians. Almost 18 years of active military life has showed me what military personel are worth to the average civilian. It has also showed me how little the average civilian knows about things beyond our shores. It is far more frustrating than most will ever know.

    All other possibilities are for those who need to think that there is a rational explanation to everything. For people like me, the irrational is common place and we need an understanding of just that to deal with it.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC 1992~2012

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 04:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    ....RIP.

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    You are actually absolutely correct about my views towards civilians. Almost 18 years of active military life has showed me what military personel are worth to the average civilian. It has also showed me how little the average civilian knows about things beyond our shores. It is far more frustrating than most will ever know.

    All other possibilities are for those who need to think that there is a rational explanation to everything. For people like me, the irrational is common place and we need an understanding of just that to deal with it.
    I know a great deal about what goes on beyond our shores from hands on experience, but I'm a civilian and I've never served as a soldier. You can have worldly experience that doesn't require you to have served.

    I do agree with you about the irrational though. Our explanations for things help us sleep at night but they are not reality.

  9. #369
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    The Great majority of those were Muslims acting on religous beliefs
    Oh, well if you say so, that must be the case.

    Virtually everywhere Islam touches another religion.. war.
    Virtually everywhere (one religion or people) touches (another religion or people) in the third world = conflict. This is a pretty basic fact of life.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #370
    U mad bro?

    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    06-15-18 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,100

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    The Great majority of those were Muslims acting on religous beliefs
    Prove it. So far you've not done this. Forgive me if your history here does not allow me to just accept your word on this subject.

    We're not talking and NOT counting street crime. (Low IQ liberals slove that idiotic comparison of , ie, murder rates.)
    You don't know that. You have no idea. Otherwise you would provide some actual evidence that supports your case, not just a link to an obivously bias website that gives what are actually very ambiguous body count numbers.

    Virtually everywhere Islam touches another religion.. war.
    Yeah okay, and when you can intelligently fix blame on the issues that lead to that conflict and prove it was Islam that was the cause you get back with us.

    and as I said a few pages ago- my posts are FULL of facts-- yours just semantic BS.. trying to Bluff your way through.
    I'm not bluffing anything. Your posts are ambiguous and full of rhetoric. I'm humoring you at the moment and giving you a chance to actually prove your case. Religionofpeace.com isn't going to cut it.

    Your posts are notably EMPTY cheap shots.
    Yeah, now click your heels three times....

    You have demonstrated NO knowledge of the topic whatsoever--
    Well thusfar simple logic has defeated you. You've utterly failed to get past my first line of questions regarding your "facts."

    merely a transparent and Failed attempt to recategorize violence demosntsrated by me and more than one link to Islamism.
    ('trop' counts only attacks in the name of Islam and most of the things I cited .. the same)
    I'll be waiting for you to actually debate. When you decide to do this, please...just answer my first set of challenges to your argument. You're the one claiming you know so much about Islam and are bringing facts. So let's see you back it up.
    Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS, affects millions of right wing Americans. Symptoms include frequent use of "whataboutisms," irrational rants about how the DNC, GOP, MSM, FBI, NSA, CIA, and FB are all conspiring to get Trump, blaming Obama and/or Clinton for things Trump has done or is doing, and a bizarre admiration for Vladimir Putin. Known TDS vectors are Fox News and the @RealDonaltTrump twitter feed.

Page 37 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •