Page 35 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1236

Thread: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

  1. #341
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    [Unlike you And Lerxst] I ALWAYS have Links for my Facts.

    Let's START with this one-- for last week (month, Year, etc)

    Islam: Making a True Difference in the World
    The ReligionofPeace.com.. who actually counts.


    and SO many more...

    That's THREE Haymaker Links and nothing but Empty Cheap shots in return.
    -
    Even if we presume to accept every single incident listen on that site as fact, that doesn't quite prove what you're claiming.

    You said:

    hundreds die Every week from Mauritania to Mindinao, of the World's largest cause of intentional violent death.. Islam.
    What constitutes "international violent death"? Your list includes things like an attack by one Muslim Pakistani on another. How does that possibly qualify? If one gang member in the bronx shoots someone from a rival gang, is that an "international violent death"?

    If you actually limited the figures to international deaths (i.e. deaths resulting from the actions of people from foreign nations), I'd wager the numbers would be much, much lower. If I had to guess, I'd say the largest cause of "international violent death" is probably the drug trade.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #342
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Please contact your bureau of mind police thought statistics for more information.
    Not sure what you're getting at here.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #343
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Even if we presume to accept every single incident listen on that site as fact, that doesn't quite prove what you're claiming.

    You said:

    What constitutes "international violent death"? Your list includes things like an attack by one Muslim Pakistani on another. How does that possibly qualify? If one gang member in the bronx shoots someone from a rival gang, is that an "international violent death"?

    If you actually limited the figures to international deaths (i.e. deaths resulting from the actions of people from foreign nations), I'd wager the numbers would be much, much lower. If I had to guess, I'd say the largest cause of "international violent death" is probably the drug trade.
    I said "Intentional" violent death" Not "international".. Learn English Duh!

    and/but did say "from Mauritania to Mindinao"... the site describes 15 countries in just the month of October.

    You got a\the requested link and there are of course more.

    Not very "right" are we.. either in fact nor politics for that matter.
    More like "LeftinNYC'
    NEXT.
    Last edited by mbig; 11-06-09 at 01:48 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  4. #344
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,483

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    So.....of all the overwhelmingly non-Muslim names in the U.S. Army, a man named Malik Nadal Hasan (not Cecil Jefferson) did the killing and you get nothing. We have a precedence of this, but forget about that. The man had problems with not only the war in Iraq, which most cynical people can get behind and support, but also in Afghanistan, which begs the question of what he thought about 9/11.

    But holding out for more facts is perfectly practical. After all, you are a court of law and obvious smack-in-your-face probabilities won't suffice.
    Do you know for a fact this man committed these murders because of his Muslim faith? I spent years investigating motives of people who commit crimes. I got into the habit of taking facts into account, not precedents or other non-fact based profiling.

    Unlike some here, I'm not making a rush to judgment on what the real motive behind this mans acts were based upon his name or religion. There are plenty of murders committed by self-proclaimed Christians who acted out because something they read in the Bible or believed God told them to do. Usually we write those folks off as mentally disturbed. But when it's a guy with an Arabic sounding name all of sudden the anti-Islamic goon squad starts squawking about the perils of the Muslim nation.

    That's my problem here. I'm not saying that this guy wasn't motivated by his beliefs...what I'm saying is nobody here knows for sure, but that doesn't stop them from beginning their assault on Islam.

    Of course my logic is nothing more than PC apologizing or some stupid ****.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 11-06-09 at 01:50 AM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #345
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,483

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    I said "Intentional" violent death" Not "international".. Learn English Duh!

    and/but did say "from Mauritania to Mindinao"... the site describes 15 countries in just the month of October.

    You got a\the requested link and there are of course more.

    Not very "right" are we.. either in fact nor politics for that matter.
    More like "LeftinNYC'
    NEXT.
    And how many of those deaths are you absolutely sure are the result of religious motivation? I mean seriously, if it's on the internet it's got to be the gospel right? You've confirmed your source? Or you just accept it as truth because well...that link means your argument is sold..right? If any of those murders were committed due to political or other motivations then your number is not a reliable source for you to use in supporting your argument.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 11-06-09 at 01:52 AM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #346
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    I said "Intentional violent death" NOt "international".. Learn English Duh!

    and "from Mauritania to Mindinao"... ther site describes 15 countries in just the month of October.

    -
    Ah, my apologies. However, I'm not sure that makes your statement any less false. First, it suffers from the obvious flaw involved in lumping every murder by someone who is a Muslim under the heading "deaths caused by Islam." Plenty of those incidents are driven by things other than religion. Second, if you define categories broadly enough, there are other things that cause more violent deaths. The drug trade was responsible for almost 6,000 deaths in Mexico alone in 2008.

    Not very "right" are we.. either in fact nor politics for that matter.
    More like "LeftinNYC'
    NEXT.
    So anyone who points out the flaws in your rush to demonize an entire religion is automatically liberal? Great analysis.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 11-06-09 at 01:54 AM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #347
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,487

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    What constitutes "international violent death"? Your list includes things like an attack by one Muslim Pakistani on another. How does that possibly qualify? .

    Actually, muslims that dont jihad are not considered true muslims by those who do. They define them as "hypocrites" and will be stacked like cordwood in the fires of hell with the rest of us who refuse to submit to the will of Allah.
    Thank you

  8. #348
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Actually, muslims that dont jihad are not considered true muslims by those who do. They define them as "hypocrites" and will be stacked like cordwood in the fires of hell with the rest of us who refuse to submit to the will of Allah.
    Which proves that some extremist members of a religion are close-minded assholes.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #349
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,056

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Do you know for a fact this man committed these murders because of his Muslim faith? I spent years investigating motives of people who commit crimes. I got into the habit of taking facts into account, not precedents or other non-fact based profiling.
    I spent years learning my enemy (since 1993). Doesn't mean I know how to fight a war in Vietnam. I am without doubt that this was religiously feuled and motivated by a man who snapped over the prospect of having to go to war against Muslims.

    1) He didn't chooose to slaughter civilians.
    2) He didn't choose to slaughter his chain of command.
    3) He didn't choose to commit suicide.

    He made a statement against those who...what?


    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Unlike some here, I'm not making a rush to judgment on what the real motive behind this mans acts were based upon his name or religion.
    What you are doing is rushing to pretend that you don't know what is going on in your world and choosing to pretend that you are bewildered and are in need of absolute confession before you reach the conclusion that is slapping you in the face.

    I know that was one hell of a run on sentence, but whatever. It's not an "assault on Islam." It's facing reality.
    Last edited by MSgt; 11-06-09 at 02:01 AM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  10. #350
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,483

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Actually, muslims that dont jihad are not considered true muslims by those who do. They define them as "hypocrites" and will be stacked like cordwood in the fires of hell with the rest of us who refuse to submit to the will of Allah.
    I don't think anybody disputes there are extreme elements within Islam. What you are describing is an extremist view. Non-violent Muslims constitute the vast majority of Islam. This is indisputable.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 35 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •