Page 14 of 124 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1236

Thread: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I knew it wasn't gang violence. Street gangs don't have the guts to take on a military target, on post. Not something this big, anyway. The MP's would go through Killeen and Coperas Cove busting heads like it was the Night of The Long Knives. And, if the local cops weren't involved in the head knocking, they would just look the other way.

    I was at Fort Hood, twice during the 90's and I never saw it as notoriously violent place.
    Well, I've lived right near it all my life, and trust me, it is.
    Anyway, i was talking about gangs within the army.
    Some recruits don't necessarily drop their gang affiliations/ loyalties once they enlist, from what I've heard.
    Hell, a soldier from Arkansas was killed on a base in Germany last year, beaten to death by other soldiers who were "jumping him in" to the Crips.
    I know they've cracked down on any suspected gang activity within the ranks since then, but I'm sure some slips by.
    These are teenage boys and young men.
    Stupidity doesn't always stop with enlistment.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    OK you all, admit it, this is a terrorist act on U.S. soil. The guy is Muslim, had two co-conspirators, and attacked U.S. soldiers. It's not rocket science to add 2 and 2...

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    OK you all, admit it, this is a terrorist act on U.S. soil. The guy is Muslim, had two co-conspirators, and attacked U.S. soldiers. It's not rocket science to add 2 and 2...
    I don't think it can be terrorism if the target is military.
    I think, by definition, "terrorism" targets civilians.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Well, I've lived right near it all my life, and trust me, it is.
    Anyway, i was talking about gangs within the army.
    Some recruits don't necessarily drop their gang affiliations/ loyalties once they enlist, from what I've heard.
    Hell, a soldier from Arkansas was killed on a base in Germany last year, beaten to death by other soldiers who were "jumping him in" to the Crips.
    I know they've cracked down on any suspected gang activity within the ranks since then, but I'm sure some slips by.
    These are teenage boys and young men.
    Stupidity doesn't always stop with enlistment.
    Wait, apdst thought that you were referring to the local non-military Pirus randomly walking on base?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    OK you all, admit it, this is a terrorist act on U.S. soil. The guy is Muslim, had two co-conspirators, and attacked U.S. soldiers. It's not rocket science to add 2 and 2...
    Uh, there's not a means of determining that something is a "terrorist act" according to motivation alone. Deaths caused by political or religious hostility aren't more significant than deaths caused by some other discontent, would you say?

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-30-09 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,648

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    Why ruin this thread with needless speculation?

    Everyone here understands that it may turn out to be a case of muslim extremism.

    The military and other agencies will investigate and eventually issue reports as to what happened. The "MSM" cannot change those reports even if they wanted to.

    All you are accomplishing is a revelation into your personal bias.
    That hasn't stopped Katie Couric and Lou Dobbs from hitting the ground running - backing the PSTD assumption.

    Political Correctness is the death of the West.

  6. #136
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Because there were three people involved. They all snapped at the same time, and went to the same place to kill people?
    Two suspects have been released.

    OBL 11/24/02

  7. #137
    Professor
    bowerbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    australia
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,430

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority View Post
    That hasn't stopped Katie Couric and Lou Dobbs from hitting the ground running - backing the PSTD assumption.

    Political Correctness is the death of the West.
    Why because it stifles the right to bigotry and racism?
    Greenhouse gases: Any gas that, by an accident of chemistry, happens to absorb radiation of a type that the Earth, by an accident of history, would like to lose.
    The internet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhoea -- massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind- boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.


  8. #138
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by The silenced majority View Post
    That hasn't stopped Katie Couric and Lou Dobbs from hitting the ground running - backing the PSTD assumption.

    Political Correctness is the death of the West.
    If he never served in combat how could he have PTSD?

    OBL 11/24/02

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A Deep Southern State.
    Last Seen
    11-06-09 @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    28

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Michael Savage just had a caller who reported that he went to the shooters facebook page before it was removed and saw that he was a member of a facebook fanatical islamic group. Also it took the Usurper 2 minutes into his healthcare speech to comment on the shootings. He should have mentioned it first. This could be a diversion to something more sinister according to Savage. This shooting is more than a isolated incident. The liberal MSM spin has already started. Islam converts should be not allowed into the military since we are at war with terrorist who are mainly Muslims. It appears they can't be trusted.
    Last edited by David Duke is Right; 11-05-09 at 08:42 PM.

  10. #140
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Last Seen
    12-10-10 @ 06:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    404

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Given that this is an army base and just about everyone would have access to combat weapons, and be dressed in uniform, I wonder if some may have died from friendly fire in the confusion, - perhaps the previously reported "shooters" were simply unfortunate defenders trying to shoot someone they thought was the shooter.

    The reason I am guessing this is because none of the most recent reports makes any mention of more than one shooter. All are referring to the Major as the only gunman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •