Page 111 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1236

Thread: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

  1. #1101
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    There are extremists in every religion and it would be nice if the moderates in the Mosques would do just a bit of self policing. It might save some lives some day, and maybe their own.
    Yep. Like this guy:

    Army Ignored Warning Signs From Fort Hood Shooter, Former Classmate Says - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

    There were even more warning signs that might have alerted the Army in recent months:

    In the days and weeks before the shooting, Hasan voiced his objections to Muslims fighting the war on terror to members of his mosque, the Islamic Community of Greater Killeen. Congregants at the mosque said he voiced his objections to Muslims serving in the U.S. military and to his impending deployment to Afghanistan.

    Over the summer, Hasan's comments led Osman Danquah, co-founder of the mosque, to recommend that it deny Hasan's request to become a lay Muslim leader at Fort Hood, the Associated Press reported.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  2. #1102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Is Epic Dude gonna have to draw another Venn Diagram up in this piece?
    Yes, please... I missed the last one... Unless you got the link, I mean we're up to 110 pages here.

  3. #1103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    In Arabic “al-Islam” is the religion while “Muslim” is a person professing Islam. In English usage, “Islamic” seems to be more abstract, while “Muslim” refers to the people professing Islam.
    Whether you are a Christian or not I would suggest that you take a page from Christian beliefs, and hate the sin and not the sinner. Don't lump all Muslims in with terrorists any more than you would like all white people tied to Jeffery Dalmer or John Wayne Gacy.
    There are extremists in every religion and it would be nice if the moderates in the Mosques would do just a bit of self policing. It might save some lives some day, and maybe their own.
    I keep hearing the BS that Islam is a religion of peace. Well if that's true being a Muslim makes some people terrorists because of interpretations of mentally challenged teachers at the Mosque.

    Sir, what you're suggesting is not only anti-hypocrisy, but it makes damn fine sense. And in this thread I see little to no room for this kind of attitude. You are a detriment to the 'intelligence level' and 'credibility' of this thread. Take your logical suggestions and run for Congress where you can't do any harm, but this is certainly not the place for these shenanigans.

  4. #1104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Yes, please... I missed the last one... Unless you got the link, I mean we're up to 110 pages here.
    This one might have been for another thread, similar topic, but different train of thought...


  5. #1105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    You sure are proud of that thing, ain't ya?

  6. #1106
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    You sure are proud of that thing, ain't ya?
    He should be though. It's pretty neat.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  7. #1107
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,332

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Not all Turks are Muslims.


    Why do you fail to comprehend this?
    I never said they were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #1108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    You sure are proud of that thing, ain't ya?
    Well aren't you the lovable little tumor that follows me around everywhere and reminds me of my failings.

  9. #1109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    This one might have been for another thread, similar topic, but different train of thought...

    Ok, that's a reasonable illustration... however;
    - Terrorists could be listed in 2 categories
    a) government agents / secret agents from one of the many intelligence agencies around the world
    b) people that are in such a desperate situation that they would strap a bomb to their chest a means of striking out what they see as their oppressor.
    C) other psychopaths
    - Serial killers terrorise the locality in which they kill their 3 + victimes... actual serial killers are pretty rare... however, I don't think that serial killer is applicable in terms of 'terrorists' since a person in the millitary could easily be a serial killer, but these have been justified killings,
    Now, Mass murderers...
    - A person that kills 15-20 people is probably called a 'mass murderer'... however, there are people like Mao with the blood of 60 million people weighing on his soul.

    Point being :
    The only real justification for the blue circle being so large is if you consider the remaining people warring in afghanistan and Iraq are actual 'terrorists' as opposed to people just attacking to send the message that they are wanted out.

    Seriously, people say a 'conspiracy theory' is impossible but will argue that his man :
    a) became a US citizen to
    b) join the millitary
    c) become a psychiatrist
    d) all the while being anti-war
    e) and wait untill finally he was to be deployed

    ALL so that he could just arm himself and start shooting up the base.... that's all I'm saying... It's alot more likely that he was the victim of a drugs side-effect that caused a psychotic incident then going through that whole process (which includes obtaining a doctorate). Everyone's talked about how depressing his situation must've been, while being a psychiatrist that could prescribe himself these medications I'm talking about... whose listed side-effects appear on the insert and include 'psychotic episodes' as a side-effect.

    Or you can just go back to this muslim hat-on... and debating which ones you're supposed to hate... and why, meanwhile, you're talking about places I doubt you could put on a map beyond 'in the middle east region'. EDIT : Not geared towards the person quoted )

  10. #1110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Ok, that's a reasonable illustration... however;
    - Terrorists could be listed in 2 categories
    a) government agents / secret agents from one of the many intelligence agencies around the world
    b) people that are in such a desperate situation that they would strap a bomb to their chest a means of striking out what they see as their oppressor.
    C) other psychopaths
    - Serial killers terrorise the locality in which they kill their 3 + victimes... actual serial killers are pretty rare... however, I don't think that serial killer is applicable in terms of 'terrorists' since a person in the millitary could easily be a serial killer, but these have been justified killings,
    Now, Mass murderers...
    - A person that kills 15-20 people is probably called a 'mass murderer'... however, there are people like Mao with the blood of 60 million people weighing on his soul.

    Point being :
    The only real justification for the blue circle being so large is if you consider the remaining people warring in afghanistan and Iraq are actual 'terrorists' as opposed to people just attacking to send the message that they are wanted out.

    Seriously, people say a 'conspiracy theory' is impossible but will argue that his man :
    a) became a US citizen to
    b) join the millitary
    c) become a psychiatrist
    d) all the while being anti-war
    e) and wait untill finally he was to be deployed

    ALL so that he could just arm himself and start shooting up the base.... that's all I'm saying... It's alot more likely that he was the victim of a drugs side-effect that caused a psychotic incident then going through that whole process (which includes obtaining a doctorate). Everyone's talked about how depressing his situation must've been, while being a psychiatrist that could prescribe himself these medications I'm talking about... whose listed side-effects appear on the insert and include 'psychotic episodes' as a side-effect.

    Or you can just go back to this muslim hat-on... and debating which ones you're supposed to hate... and why, meanwhile, you're talking about places I doubt you could put on a map beyond 'in the middle east region'. EDIT : Not geared towards the person quoted )
    You leave my venn diagram alone! Make your own if you want to get all specific with it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •