Page 105 of 124 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1236

Thread: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

  1. #1041
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    It's in the American Conservative repertoire to group Bin Laden and Islamists in one kettle. It's sheer ignorance that is only fueled by ugly hatred.

    There's a damn good reason why Bin Laden isn't in the Middle East.
    What? Are we training him to fight the Soviets again? is he back at Ft. Bragg?

  2. #1042
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,460

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    It's in the American Conservative repertoire to group Bin Laden and Islamists in one kettle. It's sheer ignorance that is only fueled by ugly hatred.

    There's a damn good reason why Bin Laden isn't in the Middle East.
    Thank you, you obviously get it.

    Excellent post, unfortunately it will fly so high over some peoples heads that it will be off the radar.

    Damn smart people and their smart talk.

    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #1043
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,460

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    How much excess negative baggage should we be expected to tolerate?
    Identify this excess baggage you speak of. Is it similar to the massive child molestation cover up of the Catholic church kind of baggage in which untold numbers of young boys were violated repeatedly by their priests? Or is the intrusive and judgmental "all gays are sick perverts who are going to rot in hell" kind of excess baggage that the Christians dumped on us?

    Is it those kinds of baggage or different? Please explain.
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #1044
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Identify this excess baggage you speak of. Is it similar to the massive child molestation cover up of the Catholic church kind of baggage in which untold numbers of young boys were violated repeatedly by their priests? Or is the intrusive and judgmental "all gays are sick perverts who are going to rot in hell" kind of excess baggage that the Christians dumped on us?

    Is it those kinds of baggage or different? Please explain.
    Somehow I knew this was coming. it's like the ****ing race card.

  5. #1045
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,460

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    Not saying this is my credo, but what is the answer?
    No, it is your credo. That is obvious. And the answer is to not think like you do. The answer is reason, logic, and intelligence. It's moving beyond your irrational fear of a religion and examining the underlying reasons behind why a relatively small number of Muslims embrace violence and an overwhelming majority do not.

    Here's a hint, it's not an issue that's determined by religion.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #1046
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,460

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Somehow I knew this was coming. it's like the ****ing race card.
    Not at all. How is it remotely like the race card? Fear of a religion is an irrational fear. It leads to ignorant sweeping indictments of an entire group of people. It leads the abandonment of critical examination of the actual problem and substituting in stupid and ambiguous statements like "Islam brings too much excess baggage to be tolerated."

    Horse ****. There was no "race card" played here. I just went down a road nobody likes to talk about. "Oh Mohammad was a child molester!!!!" Oh yeah, so was Father O'Malley and who knows how many other Catholic priests. So do we condemn all of Catholicism? Even though we know there was a massive culture of covering these allegations up for the good of the church? Oh hell no...that would be CRAZY!!!! You can't blame the Catholic church because of a relative small number of perverts.

    Get it?
    Last edited by Lerxst; 11-09-09 at 10:10 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #1047
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, it is your credo. That is obvious. And the answer is to not think like you do. The answer is reason, logic, and intelligence. It's moving beyond your irrational fear of a religion and examining the underlying reasons behind why a relatively small number of Muslims embrace violence and an overwhelming majority do not.

    Here's a hint, it's not an issue that's determined by religion.
    More like:
    relatively small number of Muslims embrace violence and an overwhelming majority do not care or show their reaction one way or another.


    Islam is kind of like a nice, big, cultural family who goes out to dinner at Chez Earth, and they let their mentally unstable cousin with violent tendencies run about the place tearing **** up while they just sit and enjoy their falafel without so much as a "Hey, Asshat, Sit down and eat your falafel before I go Muhammad, Praise be upon him, on your ass!"

  8. #1048
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    07-11-11 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Wow I find myself agreeing with BOTH of you two.

  9. #1049
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Not at all. How is it remotely like the race card? Fear of a religion is an irrational fear. It leads to ignorant sweeping indictments of an entire group of people. It leads the abandonment of critical examination of the actual problem and substituting in stupid and ambiguous statements like "Islam brings too much excess baggage to be tolerated."

    Horse ****. There was no "race card" played here. I just went down a road nobody like to talk about. "Oh Mohammad was a child molester!!!!" Oh yeah, so was Father O'Malley and who knows how many other Catholic priests. So do we condemn all of Catholicism? Even though we know there was a massive culture of covering these allegations up for the good of the church? Oh hell no...that would be CRAZY!!!! You can't blame the Catholic church because of a relative small number of perverts.

    Get it?
    I meant race card as in, Bull**** argument based on stereotypes. twas a simile (a comparison using the words like or as).


    Most people would if they could,

    and...they do.

  10. #1050
    Herzschmerz !
    Ahmed Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,410

    Re: 12 dead, as many as 31 injured in Fort Hood shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    More like:
    relatively small number of Muslims embrace violence and an overwhelming majority do not care or show their reaction one way or another.


    Islam is kind of like a nice, big, cultural family who goes out to dinner at Chez Earth, and they let their mentally unstable cousin with violent tendencies run about the place tearing **** up while they just sit and enjoy their falafel without so much as a "Hey, Asshat, Sit down and eat your falafel before I go Muhammad, Praise be upon him, on your ass!"
    Not that easy,
    Unfortunately, we aren't at the same restaurant .
    Second, will you go to "death" by your legs to stop it, while you know that wont affect.
    Third, I wont bother talking because I am sure as hell he wont listen, or stop as he is "mentally unstable".

    Wasn't a good example though, sorry.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •