Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 950 of 989

Thread: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

  1. #941
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    I just think this argument revolves around the fear of americans that this will lead to gay sex becoming mainstream. Mothers and fathers all over the country are afraid they will come home and find their sons or daughters in the sack with a friend of the same sex. This is a real worry, but guess what, it happens everyday, somewhere in this country, some young person is engaged in this behavior, and it is o.k, it really is. I just do not happen to think that if this becomes mainstream(and it has already), that this will stop young people from following their instinct, and you are either born with an attraction for the same sex, or you are not.

    You simply cannot legislate this away, let people be free, freedom is always the best option!
    You aren't born with an attraction to anything. You hit puberty and chemicals start sloshing around and hormones make you do crazy stuff. This whole "Born gay" thing is silly. You may "mature" gay during puberty, but I highly doubt you're born with it.

    Not to mention, why would you be born with a natural instinct, so to speak, that goes against the survival or your race. If that were a logical argument, gay could be seen as counter-evolutionary and it's clearly just for getting your rocks off. Nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by EpicDude86; 11-11-09 at 06:00 PM.

  2. #942
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    You aren't born with an attraction to anything. You hit puberty and chemicals start sloshing around and hormones make you do crazy stuff. This whole "Born gay" thing is silly. You may "mature" gay during puberty, but I highly doubt you're born with it.

    Not to mention, why would you be born with a natural instinct, so to speak, that goes against the survival or your race. If that were a logical argument, gay could be seen as counter-evolutionary and it's clearly just for getting your rocks off. Nothing wrong with that.
    A gay friend once told me...."do you really think I wanted to be born this way, from the first day of school, I was attracted to the other boys, who would want to grow up this way"

    I can only share my experiences, I am not a biologist, but I do believe people are born gay.

  3. #943
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    You would be in the minority of those against gay marriage in that case, as there is no widespread movement to prevent hedonists or the like from getting married, so why focus upon gay people?
    So what?

    Because it is wrong and I don't have to support it, thank you very much.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    Yes and with anti-miscegenation laws, everybody could marry within their own race. Somehow you fail to see that parallel. You can apply arbitrary restrictions that apply to everybody, but they'll only meaningfully apply to some, i.e. those with different sexual preferences for another race or the same gender.
    Race and gender are not the same thing. Never have been and never will be do to biological limitations.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    In what way is allowing others to form a marriage contract supporting their lifestyle? I don't support people marrying for money, but if they want to that's their business.
    Because it is wrong and I don't have to support it. I will stand by my principles. If you don't like it that's OK, but stop asking me the same questions over and over again. This is getting tiresome.

    Every single thing you have asked I have already answered. If you do not like my answers I can't help you.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    It is absolutely possible for intelligent people to disagree on what is logical.
    Here is logic for you...

    I am a Christian, and I have a certain moral code I follow. So logic would dictate I will follow that code and not be swayed by your moral values. If I did my principles must not mean much. Yours may not mean much to you, mine do.

    This is no longer a debate, it is you trying to tell me my morals are wrong. They are not. As far as I can tell yours are a tad on the wrong side of things from my vantage point.

    In the end I am not willing to risk my soul, salvation etc on your moral values.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveUninhibited View Post
    Dude, it's called an analogy. When you took the SAT did you write red herring everytime you were supposed to find the analogous relationship?
    That was not a debate, this is, or was before you got here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #944
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    A gay friend once told me...."do you really think I wanted to be born this way, from the first day of school, I was attracted to the other boys, who would want to grow up this way"

    I can only share my experiences, I am not a biologist, but I do believe people are born gay.
    I have also had gay people tell me that and next thing you know (years later)they are with the opposite sex and married. I have noticed females do this more often than men (just a personal observation not based on anything but anecdotal evidence).

    I don't know if you are born that way or not, it is just very confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #945
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    You aren't born with an attraction to anything. You hit puberty and chemicals start sloshing around and hormones make you do crazy stuff. This whole "Born gay" thing is silly. You may "mature" gay during puberty, but I highly doubt you're born with it.

    Not to mention, why would you be born with a natural instinct, so to speak, that goes against the survival or your race. If that were a logical argument, gay could be seen as counter-evolutionary and it's clearly just for getting your rocks off. Nothing wrong with that.
    Jesus, EpicDude. Did you one day decide, "I like women"? Did you? What in your body made you like women?

    I don't see how you cannot understand that there are anomolies (did I spell that correctly). People can be born being half boy/half girl. Can you explain what happened there? What if it's a girl, and she's unable to conceive because her uterus and ovaries didn't form correctly. How do you explain that? Because...it does happen.

  6. #946
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    A gay friend once told me...."do you really think I wanted to be born this way, from the first day of school, I was attracted to the other boys, who would want to grow up this way"

    I can only share my experiences, I am not a biologist, but I do believe people are born gay.
    ...I'd like to see some documented evidence to support his claim...how can you say you're attracted at such a young age?

  7. #947
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    Jesus, EpicDude. Did you one day decide, "I like women"? Did you? What in your body made you like women?
    One day I started to notice things about girls...and things about myself. That's called puberty, and that's when our sexual selves awaken...

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I don't see how you cannot understand that there are anomolies (did I spell that correctly). People can be born being half boy/half girl. Can you explain what happened there? What if it's a girl, and she's unable to conceive because her uterus and ovaries didn't form correctly. How do you explain that? Because...it does happen.
    Nature can and will have anomalies. (You were close with the spelling) however, your sexual preference isn't innate. Are you suggesting we are born with other fetishes too?

  8. #948
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    01-21-10 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    744

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    ...I'd like to see some documented evidence to support his claim...how can you say you're attracted at such a young age?
    I am not out to convince anyone, this is just what I believe.

  9. #949
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackboot View Post
    I am not out to convince anyone, this is just what I believe.
    ok, sounds good.

  10. #950
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Your argument that it has to be a fundamental right in order to be discrimination?
    There has to be a fundamental right being infringed, you have to not be able to control the attribute, and the state must not have a compelling interest to infringe.

    Gays meet 2/3 of those requirements if they can successfully argue that gay-marriage would not exacerbate the divorce rate.

    Gays do not, however, have the right to marry the same-sex. No one does. Therefore it is not "Discrimination" under the law.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    If that's what you are referring to....again...you are wrong. Governmental limitations placed on ANY right or privilege can be deemed discrimination if it does not meet the required interest showing depending on the tier of scrutiny it receives under equal protection analysis.
    Mhmm, the Lemon Test, I know all about it, which is how I know I'm right.

Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •