Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 989

Thread: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

  1. #911
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It was stated plainly in the decision as to why.

    No cigar.
    Gender discrimination is a no no just like racial discrimination is. Equal protection 14th amendment.

  2. #912
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Gender discrimination is a no no just like racial discrimination is. Equal protection 14th amendment.
    But gay marriage isn't about gender, Both men and women are affected by this legislation, it's about sexual preference.

  3. #913
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Maybe instead of saying "No, You are wrong" you should say "Ok, well here's what I think"

    If someone really is wrong, and you present the true information, they'll come around.


    Maybe?



    hmmmm?





    Huh, big guy?




    You wanna give it a try?
    I do that with young children....I assume that we are all adults here and can accept someone pointing out when we are wrong....but I will try to temper it some....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #914
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Gays see how well marriage is going for the rest of us, so they want to try it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #915
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    But gay marriage isn't about gender, Both men and women are affected by this legislation, it's about sexual preference.
    a man can do something a woman can not do and vice versa solely because because of their gender.

  6. #916
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I do that with young children....I assume that we are all adults here and can accept someone pointing out when we are wrong....but I will try to temper it some....
    Eh, close enough

  7. #917
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    a man can do something a woman can not do and vice versa solely because because of their gender.

    And what do these gender-exclusive abilities have to do with marriage?

  8. #918
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Gays see how well marriage is going for the rest of us, so they want to try it.
    They obviously don't see the divorce rates. A relationship can take a VERY bad turn once you wake up and realize you're legally bound to that bastard/bitch until death or nullification of said contract. Either way, it's an expensive set of chains to try and take off. Let em have it. >: D and if their divorce rate skyrockets up past the straights, we can rub their noses in it. OR we just all live happily ever after humping whatever gets our rocks off.

  9. #919
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    And what do these gender-exclusive abilities have to do with marriage?
    Ya should ask one of the "traditional marriage" proponents.

  10. #920
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Ya should ask one of the "traditional marriage" proponents.
    haha I'll ask them right after I ask them which traditions (aside from walking and pooping) have remained the same throughout history.

Page 92 of 99 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •