Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 989

Thread: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

  1. #841
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It is legitimate. Because my morals come from other than where yours do I am somehow wrong?

    Their are plenty of people who are not religious who have valid arguments.
    I didn't say your arguments were not legitimate. Quite the opposite. I said that there are no legitimate arguments against gay marriage that are not based on religion. I think that people who are against gay marriage for religious reason have plenty of legitimate reasons that fit within their own religious and moral views.
    I haven't seen a single legitimate argument, however, that is not based on religion.
    Last edited by disneydude; 11-09-09 at 10:16 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #842
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

    Their are plenty of people who are not religious who have valid arguments.
    and these arguments are?

  3. #843
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    and these arguments are?
    GOD EXISTS! YOU SHUT THE **** UP!

    for starters.







    But srsly. Usually Religious folk are on the "right" side of morality debates, since Religion and Morality often (not always) go hand in hand...even if only in theory, not practice.


    (I hope I haven't left myself open for attack from someone who intends to tear this post apart, as if by destroying my argument they are one step closer to ridding the world of Ignorance or destroying the notion that there is a God.)

  4. #844
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    GOD EXISTS! YOU SHUT THE **** UP!

    for starters.







    But srsly. Usually Religious folk are on the "right" side of morality debates, since Religion and Morality often (not always) go hand in hand...even if only in theory, not practice.


    (I hope I haven't left myself open for attack from someone who intends to tear this post apart, as if by destroying my argument they are one step closer to ridding the world of Ignorance or destroying the notion that there is a God.)
    Your arguments suck and you suck!!!!

    How that for tearing it up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #845
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I didn't say your arguments were not legitimate. Quite the opposite. I said that there are no legitimate arguments against gay marriage that are not based on religion. I think that people who are against gay marriage for religious reason have plenty of legitimate reasons that fit within their own religious and moral views.
    I haven't seen a single legitimate argument, however, that is not based on religion.
    OK I see, and stand corrected.

    Never thought I would see the day I would be thanking Disnydude.

    The end times must be near, or hell has froze over!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #846
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    and these arguments are?

    Come now Winston, Jerry among others have posted hundreds of pages on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #847
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Your arguments suck and you suck!!!!

    How that for tearing it up?
    Yeah...well....


    **** your argument, AND the metaphorical horse it rode in on.

    And with that I'd like to yield the rest of my time to my opponent, in the interest of fairness.

  8. #848
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    and these arguments are?
    It's this easy:

    "We cannot find that a right to same-sex marriage is so deeply rooted in the tradition, history and conscience of the people of this state that it ranks as a fundamental right".
    ~Justice Barry T. Albin, NJ Supreme Court, February 2006.

    See? No religion required.
    Last edited by Jerry; 11-10-09 at 02:18 AM.

  9. #849
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    In 1995, support for gay marriage exceeded 30% in only six states: New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, California, and Vermont. In these states, support for gay marriage has increased by an average of almost 20 percentage points

    Support up 20% points in a decade. Looks like your dream discrimination is going to end sooner than even most people expected.
    Honestly, disney, why do you give Navy Pride any attention? When was the last time you saw him post something thoughtful on this subject matter? You can become ungay? Come on, disney. You can spend your time here better. Just saying.

  10. #850
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I agree. I am against gay marriage only as I don't think it is marraige. I am not against gay couples having all the same benefits as heterosexual married couples. Call it civil unions or whatever, but don't call it marraige. I know it is just

    I also think more people see it like I do than people on either side are willing to admit.
    And this is supposed to change people's minds? Give me a break. Way back when, when interracial marriage was not accepted, would you have been okay with being told, "If you want to permanently commit to someone other than a black woman, you won't be able to get married." I"m sure that would have been fine with you.

    I don't understand this ridiculousness of, "I don't want marriage to be anything but a man marrying a woman." Why? Why is that? Because somehow it degrades marriage? Nah. Our 50% divorce rate degrades it enough.

Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •