Page 84 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 989

Thread: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

  1. #831
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    At least you're honest, but must you constantly poke holes in your own boat?
    I actually appreciated that honesty. There are certain people (who will remain nameless) that base their views of religious and semantic reasons but yet continually deny it saying "I've given the reasons for my belief over and over".....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #832
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    LOL.

    RRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr.

    Turkey basters do not count.

    On an aside... when I was about 20 I was sitting watching TV with my Pop, and there was a program that included artificial insemination of cows (they use long really thin tubing) ... I said... Dad... that cow is surely thinking something is wrong. He howled, was laughing so hard he started crying.


    Disney, go back and read the post you quoted. It was worded with your bean in mind.

    PS. It ends your little charade.
    .

    OH WOW! LMFAO Thanks for the image of Cows getting...knocked up.

  3. #833
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    At least you're honest, but must you constantly poke holes in your own boat?
    How am I poking holes?? It is a sin, so I will not support it.

    Please point out the holes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #834
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    How am I poking holes?? It is a sin, so I will not support it.

    Please point out the holes?
    Declaring your staunch religious position is great if you're debating with other religious folk, but part of their debate is to prove your religion is getting in the way of logic...basically what you're doing for them. Just saying, you should try and counter what they are saying rather than remind them of what a good Christian you are, unless you like perpetuating this debate, then by all means...continue.

    Not downing you, just saying it's not the best tactic for this particular venue.

  5. #835
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Again...I appreciate his honesty. There really is no legitimate argument that can be made against gay marriage that is not based in religion. Certainly people are entitled to their religious beliefs.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #836
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Again...I appreciate his honesty. There really is no legitimate argument that can be made against gay marriage that is not based in religion. Certainly people are entitled to their religious beliefs.
    There are legitimate reasons based on Religion, Most moral issue is taken from the Religious side of the debate.

  7. #837
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Declaring your staunch religious position is great if you're debating with other religious folk, but part of their debate is to prove your religion is getting in the way of logic...basically what you're doing for them.
    Irrelevant. If they base their morals on something else that is fine. My are because of my religion. So the argument they try to present has no value from a moral standpoint. It basically is saying they have better morals than I do because they come form some place else. Simply put, they disqualify their own argument.

    So no holes here.

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Just saying, you should try and counter what they are saying rather than remind them of what a good Christian you are, unless you like perpetuating this debate, then by all means...continue.
    This debate has nothing to do with logic so how is that a counter? That would be what we call a cop out where I come form.

    Again no holes here.

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Not downing you, just saying it's not the best tactic for this particular venue.
    Because I am not afraid to debate the merits of my argument it's not a good tactic? I mean lets face it, I constantly ask if the argument is not about benefits then it must be morals. That does fall into the realm or where do your morals come from.

    Again no holes here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #838
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Again...I appreciate his honesty. There really is no legitimate argument that can be made against gay marriage that is not based in religion. Certainly people are entitled to their religious beliefs.
    It is legitimate. Because my morals come from other than where yours do I am somehow wrong?

    Their are plenty of people who are not religious who have valid arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #839
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Irrelevant. If they base their morals on something else that is fine. My are because of my religion. So the argument they try to present has no value from a moral standpoint. It basically is saying they have better morals than I do because they come form some place else. Simply put, they disqualify their own argument.

    So no holes here.



    This debate has nothing to do with logic so how is that a counter? That would be what we call a cop out where I come form.

    Again no holes here.



    Because I am not afraid to debate the merits of my argument it's not a good tactic? I mean lets face it, I constantly ask if the argument is not about benefits then it must be morals. That does fall into the realm or where do your morals come from.

    Again no holes here.


    Your tenacity and unwavering faith are both your bulwark and your debility.

  10. #840
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post


    Your tenacity and unwavering faith are both your bulwark and your debility.
    How is it a debility?

    PM me, don't want to derail the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 84 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •