Page 62 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 989

Thread: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

  1. #611
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Yeah change it to very liberal.......thanks
    Hey Navy.....we're still waiting for you to answer the question:

    Since you say that sexual orientation is something that you can change, are you saying that you could just as easily be attracted to men if you wanted to change your sexual orientation?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #612
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    As I said before, there is nothing wrong with Mainers choosing to vote down same sex marriage. In fact, this ultimately isn't an issue of whether or not Maine should have same sex marriage, but when Maine will have same sex marriage. Right now, Maine is not ready for it, but the demographics show that the youth overwhelmingly support same sex marriage, and so things will change in time. Time is the only relevant factor in this issue. There will come a day when Maine uses their 1st amendment right to decide for marriage equality.
    Actually no it won't see in the State of Maine when something is brought to a vote by the way of a Ballet Measure and is voted on then it can never be brought up again to a Ballet vote nor can the Govrn. or Elected Morons try to change the vote by making up a new law.

    Further more as I stated in this thread some post back the over all population of Maine is getting older. Maine rank in the top 10% of folks between the age's of 18-35 that are moving out of their respected State.

    Also I would like to point out one other item most of you don't know much about Maine because if you did you would have know this fact Maine is in the top 5 when it comes to Gay Friendly States this fact alone didn't help for 1 to being repealed nor did it help in Calf. It's a well know fact that both Maine and calf. our two of the Gay Friendly States in the Union and both had Gay Marriage shot down by the people's vote.

    If Gay's so badly want to have this right then they are going about it the wrong way they should push for a Const. Adm and then have it voted on by the Citz. of the United States once and for all.

  3. #613
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Actually no it won't see in the State of Maine when something is brought to a vote by the way of a Ballet Measure and is voted on then it can never be brought up again to a Ballet vote nor can the Govrn. or Elected Morons try to change the vote by making up a new law.


    Is that true? TABOR has been brought up multiple times. Unless it's slightly different each time?

  4. #614
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post

    If Gay's so badly want to have this right then they are going about it the wrong way they should push for a Const. Adm and then have it voted on by the Citz. of the United States once and for all.
    I think it will wined its way to the SCOTUS and the issues will be the 14th plus loving vs Virginia.
    Last edited by winston53660; 11-05-09 at 05:14 PM.

  5. #615
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    This isn't really a voter issue so I hope it will be repealed. Ideally I'd just like to see marriage completely separated from govt, but since most anti-gay marriage voters are motivated by religion, I don't think their opinions should matter. Just let it be overturned. I'm way more worried about fundamentalists trying to make their religious beliefs the law of the land, than I am about Ned and Fred getting tax benefits.
    Really you care to explain how this isn't a voters issue huh, Please explain how the Citz of Maine didn't have the right to use OUR 1st ADM RIGHTS to repeal a BS Law that the Govn. and the Bimbo Speaker of the House passed even thou they were advise not to.

    It's very clear by your post here you have no ****ing clue about the Citz. of Maine and how we don't like the morons in Augusta telling us what we can and can't do.
    Last edited by Scorpion89; 11-05-09 at 05:25 PM.

  6. #616
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Really you care to explain how this isn't a voters issue huh, Please explain how e the Citz of Maine didn't have the right to use OUR 1st ADM RIGHTS to repeal a BS Law that the Govn. and the Bimbo Speaker of the House passed even thou they were advise not to.

    It's very clear by your post here you have no ****ing clue about the Citz. of Maine and how we don't like the morons in Augusta telling us what we can and can't do.
    Rights like marriage or freedom of speech are not up to a popular vote.

  7. #617
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Rights like marriage or freedom of speech are not up to a popular vote.

    Marriage apparently is . Didn't the Prop 8 lose that argument in CA's Supreme Court?

  8. #618
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Is that true? TABOR has been brought up multiple times. Unless it's slightly different each time?
    It's never been passed as a Law hence it can be brought up. When a Law is passed and the challenged and repealed then it can never be put to a ballet or passed again. I cite the Billboard law. You didn't live in Maine when this happen, Maine was the first State to outlaw Billboards it was a Citz. Vote won by a landslide in the early 80s either CBS or Clear Channel try to have the Law over turned it went to federal Court and was throw out because of 10th Adm. Every since then many laws have come onto the book after they were brought to a vote . Three I can recall off the top of my head were the car Admission test,Seat Belt Laws and Helmet Law. In the Car Test the Feds try to make it a Law we the people voted to not have the Car Test Law and the feds had to eat crow do to 10th Adm. In both the Helmet and Seat belt Laws they were Laws that the morons in Augusta passed as laws and then the people of Maine had them put onto a ballet for a vote both passed barely.

  9. #619
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Marriage apparently is . Didn't the Prop 8 lose that argument in CA's Supreme Court?
    And anti miscegenation laws wound up in states courts as well. Where state courts supported them. Sodomy laws too Lawrence v. Texas as recently as of 2003.

  10. #620
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    I think it will wined its way to the SCOTUS and the issues will be the 14th plus loving vs Virginia.
    It might but as long as each State has it but on there own ballets and how every the vote falls then it would be in violation of the 10th if the SCOTUS tries to over turn something.

    I t will have to be a straight Adm. put forth by Congress to change anything.

Page 62 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •