Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 989

Thread: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

  1. #541
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Epic Mountain
    Last Seen
    12-28-09 @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Non-taxpayers also have the right to marry as paying taxes has never been a requirement on a marriage license.

    This is how the government can marry a foreign national with a US citizen. The foreign national, having never paid US taxes, simply agrees to the terms of the US marriage license.

    Your "taxpayer" qualification is not but an appeal to emotion, no different than pointing to gay soldiers. Paying taxes has nothing to do with being eligible for marriage, it is therefore a false premise.
    Oh sorry for using the word 'Taxpayer' there. I might have switched to use the words "American Citizen" but then again Foreigners can get married and the gays can't so there goes that theory. Well I guess it's just plain wrong to marry gay couples. or Civil-unionize them. or whatever. Poor, Poor gays.

  2. #542
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    While nobody probably cares, I would like to point out that this move by traditionalists probably does considerably more to destroy traditional marriage in the long run than gay activists could ever do. My argument for such was presented in this old thread....

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/sex-an...lculation.html

  3. #543
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,167

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    We are a republic, not a democracy. Representatives are not required to legislate based on their constituients opinions, otherwise we would just be a democracy, not a republic.
    Who said they were "required to legislate based on their contituents opinions?"

  4. #544
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicDude86 View Post
    Oh sorry for using the word 'Taxpayer' there. I might have switched to use the words "American Citizen" but then again Foreigners can get married and the gays can't so there goes that theory. Well I guess it's just plain wrong to marry gay couples. or Civil-unionize them. or whatever. Poor, Poor gays.
    Many, many American Citizens have access to rights and privileges that other American Citizens do not.

    Different does not mean unequal.

    Can I have my 10 internetz now?

  5. #545
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    11-26-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    737

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post

    Please quote or show where I claim that my support of gay marriage has anything to do with "political correctness".

    Otherwise retract your claim.
    Darling, your support IS a demonstration of political correctness. If it wasn't you would've switched on your brain and asked yourself what exactly you are supporting: the rights, or the whims. You didn't do it. No adherent of doctrines of political correctness ever does. Live with it.

  6. #546
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    11-26-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    737

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Very well.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1057847882

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1057847883



    Please show me this evidence that has convinced you. Do you have anything? Anything at all?

    What convinced you?
    And you gave me links to yet another debate on this forum exactly why?

    Google is your friend. If you want information, you will look for it. I am not your nanny to chew your soup for you.

  7. #547
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    11-26-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    737

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Somewhere along the line did you see "fatherless" statistics taken from children of single mothers and get it mixed up in your head
    Did I?

    Briefing Report: The Failure of the Single Parent Family Parental Rights

    Children of single parents are susceptible to psychological issues, emotional problems and social difficulties, and need the extra attention and care to help them cope with their situation...When the stress levels increase as they so often do, members of single parent homes can develop problematic relationships, leading to further estrangement and isolation for children.
    Children of Single Parent Homes | Child Care Finders - All you need to know about child care.

  8. #548
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    No. Because they may or may not be fertile and if they adopt, they still will be capable to bring up a balanced individual, while gay couples are incapble of it by definition.
    You do understand that this is a completely false statement, proven false by data. But since I have not seen you produce one shred of substantiation for your position, let's see some. Please provide research/data/links demonstrating that gay couples are incapable of bringing up a balanced individual.

    And, for those of you who have seen me debate this topic before...you know what's coming next.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #549
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    11-26-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    737

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Its not about PC its about making a logical argument without flaws. You failed miserably in supporting your argument. Sorry.
    You failed miserably to make any argument supporting your thought flow. Twice.

    Be happy with your PC stance.

  10. #550
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Here let me end this debate it really doesn't matter if a Gay Couple can or can't raise a child what this vote came down to was the Elected officials in the State of Maine decide to enacted a Law with-out the Citz. of Maine's imput we the Citz said woh not so fast folks. Got it put onto the Ballet and we the Citz of Maine used OUR 1ST ADM. RIGHTS AND VOTED.

Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •