Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 989

Thread: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    11-26-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    737

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    First Off Peter shut the **** up you don't live in Maine nor in the United States so you have no ****ing idea what the hell your talking about. We the Citz. of Maine voted on this issue and decide that WE didn't want to have this law hence WE excerised OUR 1st Adm Rights. What ****ing part of that don't you understand oh I know US Constitution better then you Scorpion. maybe you should just stick to what the hell goes on in England and Europe from now on. Or get on a plane and move to Maine and learn something about us who live there.
    Or maybe the time has come to invade Maine and spread some freedom from inhibitions along with tolerastia? What DoD thinks of that, have you got plans in place?

  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    No it's not Mob Rule see we decide that WE the Citz. of Maine want to decide what we wanted as a Law hence why it was put on he Ballet. The original Law was challange in State Court deemed Un-Constitutional and was put ona Ballet and voted on know Mob Rule at all.
    Just so you know I believe that we are using the term "mob rule" in it's slang equivalent. Which among it's various definations is "the common people; the masses; populace or multitude." At least I am. Though admittedly it does seem like you were upset at what the legislators in your state did so....
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #23
    Advisor tumbleweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    08-29-16 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    341

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    So now we have legislative activism?

    Legislators are elected to create legislation, that's what they do. The voters were included in the decision making process by electing the legislators.
    Well, for me it was activism of sorts. Yes they are elected to create legislation, but occasionally in Maine we have laws coming out of Augusta that doesn't have the support of a majority of voters. The legislators who approved of same sex marriage in Maine obviously forgot to ask the voters how they felt about the issue before they voted on it.

    Maine voters can tend be rebellious when they are told to accept something whether they like it or not.

  4. #24
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    First Off Peter shut the **** up you don't live in Maine nor in the United States so you have no ****ing idea what the hell your talking about. We the Citz. of Maine voted on this issue and decide that WE didn't want to have this law hence WE excerised OUR 1st Adm Rights. What ****ing part of that don't you understand oh I know US Constitution better then you Scorpion. maybe you should just stick to what the hell goes on in England and Europe from now on. Or get on a plane and move to Maine and learn something about us who live there.
    Post reported. I hope you get points for this. Show some class, Scorpion, will you?

  5. #25
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    This is what happens when you have mob rule... but at least things are improving. The majority is no longer an overwhelming majority. Things are changing.
    Mob rule? WTF are you talking about?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #26
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
    Well, for me it was activism of sorts. Yes they are elected to create legislation, but occasionally in Maine we have laws coming out of Augusta that doesn't have the support of a majority of voters. The legislators who approved of same sex marriage in Maine obviously forgot to ask the voters how they felt about the issue before they voted on it.

    Maine voters can tend be rebellious when they are told to accept something whether they like it or not.
    So you didn't mind stepping on gays in order to prove a point to the legislators. Doesn't that bother you?

    And yes I know I've already posted that question several times. But 1: no ones directly answered it, and 2: I'm trying to get you to understand what it is you have done here. Which is stomp on gays...even though you don't care if they get married.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #27
    Advisor tumbleweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    08-29-16 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    341

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So I'm assuming by this post you live in Maine? And that you voted to repeal this law? Just because some legislators already made it law without asking you? So though you don't care if gay's can get married you also don't mind trampling over them to "punish" the legislators?

    And Alex is right. That is the legislators job.
    Yes, I live in Maine, which gives me a bit more insight into how a lot of folks up here felt about this particular issue. I don't feel Maine voters are intentionally trampling over anyone. If you lived here you would realize most of us have a live and let live attitude. What lawmakers in Augusta can't seem to get a grasp of is a lot of folks in Maine don't like being told we have to accept laws being passed where we haven't even been asked if we want them or not.

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
    Yes, I live in Maine, which gives me a bit more insight into how a lot of folks up here felt about this particular issue. I don't feel Maine voters are intentionally trampling over anyone. If you lived here you would realize most of us have a live and let live attitude. What lawmakers in Augusta can't seem to get a grasp of is a lot of folks in Maine don't like being told we have to accept laws being passed where we haven't even been asked if we want them or not.
    I didn't ask about Maine voters, I asked about you. You've stated here that you don't care if gay's get married. And yet just because the legislators did their job without asking you what you thought about it you had to vote the law down. Despite the fact that by doing such a thing you brought down the right, granted by your legislators, for gays to get married.

    Let me ask you something. How many laws are passed in Maine per year? And do you vote on all of them?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #29
    Advisor tumbleweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    08-29-16 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    341

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So you didn't mind stepping on gays in order to prove a point to the legislators. Doesn't that bother you?
    I realize you can't grasp the concept that a lot of voters in Maine are fed up with legislation being forced on us without any consideration about voters concerns regarding laws we have to abide by. No, it doesn't bother me because I'm tired of laws coming out of Augusta that should been proposed instead of mandated.

    And yes I know I've already posted that question several times. But 1: no ones directly answered it, and 2: I'm trying to get you to understand what it is you have done here. Which is stomp on gays...even though you don't care if they get married.
    Once again I don't feel we are stomping on gays as you so graciously put it. We were told we were going to accept this law without even being asked if we agreed with it or not. Not everyone who voted against it felt this way, but I know from talking to folks in my area it was a factor in how they were going to vote on it.

  10. #30
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
    I realize you can't grasp the concept that a lot of voters in Maine are fed up with legislation being forced on us without any consideration about voters concerns regarding laws we have to abide by. No, it doesn't bother me because I'm tired of laws coming out of Augusta that should been proposed instead of mandated.


    Once again I don't feel we are stomping on gays as you so graciously put it. We were told we were going to accept this law without even being asked if we agreed with it or not. Not everyone who voted against it felt this way, but I know from talking to folks in my area it was a factor in how they were going to vote on it.
    From my point of view, I see a bunch of elementary-school kids throwing a tantrum to prove a point. It's pathetic.

Page 3 of 99 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •