Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 249

Thread: Conservative Loses Upstate House Race in Blow to Right

  1. #141
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Conservative Loses Upstate House Race in Blow to Right

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    And you actually believe this is a GOP initiative??? I'm not sure what to think about someone that believes a radio talk show host can command a major political party to do as he pleases. Perhaps you've been reading Daily Kos or DU too much.

    Who are the ones calling for the Dems to shun moderates like Lieberman and move the party to the left?
    You cannot deny that there is a large faction of the GOP that are urging the party to move to the right....just as there are those on the left that would love to see the Democrats move to the left.
    However, the difference is, those calling for the GOP to shun moderates and move to the conservative base have been much more vocal about it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #142
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: Conservative Loses Upstate House Race in Blow to Right

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    And you actually believe this is a GOP initiative??? I'm not sure what to think about someone that believes a radio talk show host can command a major political party to do as he pleases. Perhaps you've been reading Daily Kos or DU too much.

    Who are the ones calling for the Dems to shun moderates like Lieberman and move the party to the left?

    GOP big whigs all piled into the 23rd, endorsing Hoffman ('cept for Gingrich!). Hoffman said Beck was his mentor. Perhaps he was just watching the regular news


    As to who the Dems should go for: examine the vote in VA. The base of the Dem party collapsed and did not turn out to vote for the least progressive candidate fielded this election season (Deeds).

  3. #143
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Conservative Loses Upstate House Race in Blow to Right

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You cannot deny that there is a large faction of the GOP that are urging the party to move to the right....just as there are those on the left that would love to see the Democrats move to the left.
    However, the difference is, those calling for the GOP to shun moderates and move to the conservative base have been much more vocal about it.
    A "faction" and the party leaders are two very different things and have no relation to each other.

    Did the GOP leadership endorse Hoffman??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  4. #144
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Conservative Loses Upstate House Race in Blow to Right

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    GOP big whigs all piled into the 23rd, endorsing Hoffman ('cept for Gingrich!). Hoffman said Beck was his mentor. Perhaps he was just watching the regular news


    As to who the Dems should go for: examine the vote in VA. The base of the Dem party collapsed and did not turn out to vote for the least progressive candidate fielded this election season (Deeds).
    Who are these so-called GOP big wigs?? Did Michael Steele endorse Hoffman?

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #145
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Conservative Loses Upstate House Race in Blow to Right

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    A "faction" and the party leaders are two very different things and have no relation to each other.

    Did the GOP leadership endorse Hoffman??
    The question is.....who leads the GOP today?

    Many who are viewed as most influential endorsed Hoffman.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Conservative Loses Upstate House Race in Blow to Right

    Where would Dick be without Rush?
    Where would Rush be without Dick?

  7. #147
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Conservative Loses Upstate House Race in Blow to Right

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The question is.....who leads the GOP today?

    Many who are viewed as most influential endorsed Hoffman.
    Who? Sarah Palin, Tom Pawlenty? Dick Armey?

    You consider these three the most influential people in the GOP?? Keep thinking that.

    Did the RNC endorse of contribute money to Hoffman?? Of course not. You are being silly.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #148
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Conservative Loses Upstate House Race in Blow to Right

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Who? Sarah Palin, Tom Pawlenty? Dick Armey?

    You consider these three the most influential people in the GOP?? Keep thinking that.

    Did the RNC endorse of contribute money to Hoffman?? Of course not. You are being silly.
    Who would you say are the leaders of the GOP today?

    You don't think that there is a HUGE portion of the GOP that look to Palin as their party leader? (I think Jallman would disagree with you).
    Last edited by disneydude; 11-04-09 at 05:50 PM.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #149
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Conservative Loses Upstate House Race in Blow to Right

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Where would Dick be without Rush?
    Where would Rush be without Dick?
    Dick Cheney would be a retired V-P, just like he is now.

    Rush Limbaugh would be the highest paid radio talk show host in America, just like he was before Bush/Cheney were elected.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Conservative Loses Upstate House Race in Blow to Right

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Who? Sarah Palin, Tom Pawlenty? Dick Armey?

    You consider these three the most influential people in the GOP?? Keep thinking that.

    Did the RNC endorse of contribute money to Hoffman?? Of course not. You are being silly.
    Didn't Sarah the Ex-gov Quit on her commitments in midstream...Remember the Great State of Alaska....Drill baby Drill?

    I'm kinda glad the rightwing chooses a person of this character to led their party..

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •