Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J.

  1. #1
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J.

    AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J. - wcbstv.com

    By Defeating Corzine, Former U.S. Attorney Deals Big Blow To President Obama, Who Carried The State Easily In 2008
    In the end, all the stumping in the world from the President of the United States wasn't going to stop regime change in New Jersey's highest office.

    Republican Chris Christie ended Democrat Jon Corzine's four-year run in Trenton with a narrow victory on Tuesday, The Associated Press projected. Independent Chris Daggett, thought of by many as the wildcard who could upset the order of things by siphoning off votes from Christie, finished well back.

    With 4,507 of 6,305 precincts reporting, Christie led Corzine 50 percent to 44 percent.

    Independent voters gave President Barack Obama a huge advantage in the state last year, but they heavily favored Christie on Tuesday.
    Gosh looks like Obama wasn't much help here.
    Last edited by Councilman; 11-03-09 at 11:36 PM.

  2. #2
    Hard As A Rock
    Strucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-19-17 @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,074

    Re: AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J.

    Looks like Obama's rockstar persona is not enough now.
    "The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without."

    ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

  3. #3
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J.

    Not sure how much of this has to do with Obama. I'm just astonished that Christie was able to overcome Corzine's natural advantages. Fantastic news.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J.

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Not sure how much of this has to do with Obama. I'm just astonished that Christie was able to overcome Corzine's natural advantages. Fantastic news.
    Natural advantage...you mean millions?

    You are right this has Zero to do with Obama and everything to do with Corzine himself..

    For people to jump to the conclusion that Corizine was defeated so it's Obama fault...is nothing short of thinking that the whole political machine runs in some kind of Herd mentalilty. It doesn't.

    Baa, Baa, Obama won so should every Dem hence forward Baa, Baa........

  5. #5
    Student E_Pluribus_Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-31-13 @ 05:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    187

    Re: AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J.

    I like Republicans in the mix. Rather than focus on "yeaaaah we won!"... let's see what you do with it.

  6. #6
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Natural advantage...you mean millions?
    Yea, the fact that he outspend Christie on ads and that NJ has a heavy Dem tilt in overall registration.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Natural advantage...you mean millions?

    You are right this has Zero to do with Obama and everything to do with Corzine himself..

    For people to jump to the conclusion that Corizine was defeated so it's Obama fault...is nothing short of thinking that the whole political machine runs in some kind of Herd mentalilty. It doesn't.

    Baa, Baa, Obama won so should every Dem hence forward Baa, Baa........
    You can bet your sweet ass that if Corzine had won, that it would b a validation of America's acceptance of the Librul agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You can bet your sweet ass that if Corzine had won, that it would b a validation of America's acceptance of the Librul agenda.
    Bull...don't believe everything the media tells you Apdst.

    At this point the Republicans could win a three legged race at some picnic and the righties would claim that is a sign of a defeated Obama.
    Last edited by goldendog; 11-04-09 at 12:27 AM.

  9. #9
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Bull...don't believe everything the media tells you Apdst.

    At this point the Republicans could win a three legged race at some picnic and the righties would claim that is a sign of a defeated Obama.
    Yeah. And Obama could be blown out of the White House 70-30 in three years, with Pelosi and Reid in tow, and "the Lefties" (*cough* not mentioning any names here *cough*) would dismiss it as not being a "real" rejection of Obama, or Democrats. Probably racist, in any case.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: AP: Christie Gives GOP Stunning Win In N.J.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yeah. And Obama could be blown out of the White House 70-30 in three years, with Pelosi and Reid in tow, and "the Lefties" (*cough* not mentioning any names here *cough*) would dismiss it as not being a "real" rejection of Obama, or Democrats. Probably racist, in any case.
    What else could happen Harshaw? Is this like some kind of football game to you or something?
    We live in the Present and the President is dealing with Present day problems, but by all means let's conjur up wild assumptions about what the Repulican wet dream would be for their failed party based on one race. Focus on what is important for the Present day America for a change.
    Last edited by goldendog; 11-04-09 at 12:40 AM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •