Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Millions worldwide would like to switch countries: study

  1. #1
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Millions worldwide would like to switch countries: study

    Link

    Tue Nov 3, 2:00 pm ET

    WASHINGTON (AFP) – Some 700 million people worldwide, or more than all the adults of North and South America combined, think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence and want to permanently move to another country, a poll showed Tuesday.
    Residents of sub-Saharan African countries were the most likely to want to move abroad permanently, the polls conducted in 135 countries between 2007 and this year by Gallup showed.
    On average, 38 percent of the adult population in sub-Saharan Africa, or around 165 million people, said they would up stakes and head for another country if they had the chance.
    The most popular destination was the United States, where nearly a quarter of the 700 million -- around 165 million people -- said they would like to settle.
    In joint second were Britain, Canada and France, each being named as the preferred destination of around 45 million people.
    Well well well, so the US that the world hates, that sucks on the world stage, for all our warts and the last 8 years....


    CAME IN AT #1.

    To the usual suspects, losers and haters.....bwuahahahahahah.




    PS - This thread is for you, PeteEU, hahahahaha.
    Last edited by American; 11-03-09 at 09:28 PM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #2
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Millions worldwide would like to switch countries: study

    As I just read this my first thought was yea they want to come here now but once Obama finishes turning the United States into a third world Socialist/Commmunist Nation let's see who still want to come here.

  3. #3
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Millions worldwide would like to switch countries: study

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Link


    Well well well, so the US that the world hates, that sucks on the world stage, for all our warts and the last 8 years....


    CAME IN AT #1.
    The United States is actually very popular in most of sub-Saharan Africa.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  4. #4
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Millions worldwide would like to switch countries: study

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    As I just read this my first thought was yea they want to come here now but once Obama finishes turning the United States into a third world Socialist/Commmunist Nation let's see who still want to come here.
    Hey, forget that. Enjoy it, all those anti-American asses that have been boohooing about the US for so long.......were WRONG.


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #5
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Millions worldwide would like to switch countries: study

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The United States is actually very popular in most of sub-Saharan Africa.
    That's not what we've been hearing from the UN-Eurofreaks for years. We're hated, no one likes us. Crowing about all our faults....but the reality is they suck, and no one wants to live there. ahahahahahahahah



    Those who love this country always knew this.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #6
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Millions worldwide would like to switch countries: study

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Hey, forget that. Enjoy it, all those anti-American asses that have been boohooing about the US for so long.......were WRONG.


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Are you saying we're not as bad a the Dims (no spell error) are always saying?

  7. #7
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    11-07-12 @ 12:45 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    117

    Re: Millions worldwide would like to switch countries: study

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Link


    Well well well, so the US that the world hates, that sucks on the world stage, for all our warts and the last 8 years....


    CAME IN AT #1.

    I HOPE they (the Dems) don't CHANGE that ;-)

  8. #8
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,025

    Re: Millions worldwide would like to switch countries: study

    Does this mean that you now understand why Mexicans come to America in droves American?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #9
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Millions worldwide would like to switch countries: study

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Link


    Well well well, so the US that the world hates, that sucks on the world stage, for all our warts and the last 8 years....


    CAME IN AT #1.

    To the usual suspects, losers and haters.....bwuahahahahahah.

    PS - This thread is for you, PeteEU, hahahahaha.
    And? Are you 12 years old American?

    That millions of poor people from the 3rd world would choose the US as their preferred destination if they could move is not exactly a shocker. I would have been shocked if it was not so. They are bombarded by US TV and movies and are told the "grass is greener over there" (or in Europe). Of course people would want to move to a place where they hope to have a better life.

    And we are not talking about highly educated masses here you know.... many would make your Mexican illegals look like Nobel scholars...

    But congrats on being nr. 1 in something American.. god knows you need the moral boost these days
    PeteEU

  10. #10
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Millions worldwide would like to switch countries: study

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And? Are you 12 years old American?

    That millions of poor people from the 3rd world would choose the US as their preferred destination if they could move is not exactly a shocker. I would have been shocked if it was not so. They are bombarded by US TV and movies and are told the "grass is greener over there" (or in Europe). Of course people would want to move to a place where they hope to have a better life.

    And we are not talking about highly educated masses here you know.... many would make your Mexican illegals look like Nobel scholars...

    But congrats on being nr. 1 in something American.. god knows you need the moral boost these days
    This must really hurt an America hater like you. Feels good doesn't it? BTW, it's not just being #1 in something, it's being #1 in the most important thing.
    Last edited by American; 11-04-09 at 07:03 AM.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •