Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 53 of 53

Thread: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

  1. #51
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    10-20-11 @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    371

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    I have to say I agree with Jallman. This man should either get life in prison or the death penalty in a civilized manner, unfortunately barbaric practices still exist in far too many places. I don't care who the person is or what they did, people should not ever resort to this type of inhumane treatment of another human being. All the Saudi's are doing is affirming the facts that they will sink as low as the rapist scum they so detest. He rapes children.. therefore we will try and be one up and not only behead the man, but crucify him and put his head on a stick... absolutely disgusting.

    I really don't understand half of you people. You complain that these people from the Middle East come over here and break the law by killing their daughters for being Westernized... than you say you back up beheadings and crucifying dead bodies.. and you wonder why people do this ****ed up stuff.

    There is a reason we do not flay people's skin any more, or draw and quarter, or hang.. these are barbaric practices. All of you people need to grow up, you act like savage creatures.

    This man deserves death, or life, but don't sink to his level, you are all better than that.

  2. #52
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    10-20-11 @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    371

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    Ugh, some of you people are so misinformed. Let me educate some of you. It is thought that if child rape were to be punished by the death penalty than there would be more reason for these child rapists to kill and dispose of the bodies. The reason most child rapists do not kill their victims is because they unfortunately know that rape is not punishable by death. If they were to make child rape punishable by death I can guarantee you that there would be more children killed by their assailants. It's very unfortunate, but it's the truth. In order to try and get these rapist to not kill their victims the system has decided to not punish their offense with death.

    Also, I doubt many of you actually think the death penalty is an effective way of making someone not do a crime? If there were the case, than you would be suggesting that you and I or anyone else for that matter does not murder someone only because we fear death ourselves? That is absolute bull.

    Don't just take my word for it, pick up a Criminal Justice course at your local community college or University and educate yourself.

    Of course, I should add that in extreme cases, such as child rapists or other extraordinary deviant psyches that the death penalty could be a deterrant, I just have a hard time believing that the only reason people do not do crime is because of a punishment. I don't kill people because I have no desire to harm another person, as i'm sure most of you could say the same.
    Last edited by Rightwing86; 11-04-09 at 04:36 AM.

  3. #53
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Ok I can understand the point of the beheading (to kill the guy), but what is the point or significance of crucifying him?
    It shames his family.

    I may be incorrect here, but I am also under the impression that many Muslims believe that desecration and mishandling of the corpse can have an effect on a person's soul in the afterlife. In a heavily religious culture, this can have a powerful deterrent effect-- and given the opportunity, I certainly would not hesitate to attempt to curse the soul of a child rapist either before or after I've killed him. This is mostly out of spite, but if it keeps the soul from ever coming back then so much the better.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    The death sentence should only be carried out in a civilized society when there is obviously no hope of rehabilitation for the criminal. The criminal demonstrate no remorse, no repentance, and all signs that he would repeat the offense.
    Studies have shown that this is all but guaranteed in the case of sexual offenses against prepubescent children. I understand and must reluctantly accept the argument that it would provide an incentive for offenders to kill their victims, but the overwhelming majority of child rapists fit your classification here.

    On the other hand, given the rate of re-offense and the average number of victims before first conviction, I'm almost convinced that it's worth it anyway. Murder is much easier to detect and much easier to prosecute, meaning that the number of victims would be drastically reduced and execution guarantees that the risk of recidivism drops to zero. How many children must be raped before it's as terrible as one child being murdered? I can't answer that with any certainty; my heart breaks even trying to consider it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It should be reserved for criminals so dangerous that in the improbable event of escape, someone else will surely die. Even a small risk like that is unacceptable.
    There are things worth than death. And if you do enough damage in other ways, to other people, the consequences will eventually lead indirectly to someone's death.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    The death penalty should be approached with a heavy heart that a human being is being terminated but with a clinical mentality that a clear and present threat to society is being eliminated.

    All this beheading and crucifying crap is just barbaric and over the top.
    I am inclined to agree with all of this. Too many people seem to take pleasure in the thought of killing monsters like this. As necessary as it is, there is no glory in it, no victory to celebrate. There is only a wasted life and far too much pointless suffering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing86 View Post
    The reason most child rapists do not kill their victims is because they unfortunately know that rape is not punishable by death.
    Hmm. I would argue that the primary reason most child rapists do not kill their victims is that they are related to them and in most cases love them, in the limited capacity that their diseased hearts allow them to. Unlike most crimes, child molestation is typically the product of compulsion rather than the perpetrator's belief that he can "get away with it."

    Of course, this doesn't change the fact that a person compelled to rape children might be inclined to murder their victims if they believed it would improve their chances of getting away with it-- especially if the rape itself carried the death penalty.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightwing86 View Post
    In order to try and get these rapist to not kill their victims the system has decided to not punish their offense with death.
    I'd also argue that the reason we do not execute child rapists is nothing so rational as this, but because we are squeamish about applying the death penalty to anything but premeditated murder. Substitute child rape with other offenses of similar magnitude-- which I will admit are few and far between-- and most people will argue against the death penalty as fervently as they would support it, irrationally, in the case of child rape.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •