Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Between Hollywood and Compton.
    Last Seen
    11-25-09 @ 12:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,497

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, you did blew Agnapostate's argument out of the water with that 8.5% figure.
    Actually, if most rapes ended in murder presently, that would constitute a counter-argument, since we couldn't argue that rapists will be substantially more inclined to murder their victims in that case...they already would.

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,399

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    Quote Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
    Actually, if most rapes ended in murder presently, that would constitute a counter-argument, since we couldn't argue that rapists will be substantially more inclined to murder their victims in that case...they already would.
    All the more reason to go ahead and smoke all rapists. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    I believe in a point system for all violent crimes. If a person racks up enough points they should be executed.
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  4. #44
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,034

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    All the more reason to go ahead and smoke all rapists. Right?
    ...they are saying that if you start executing rapists they'll be way more likely to kill their victims and not leave witnesses who could testify against them in court.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #45
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,735

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Great...so child rapists can murder their victims more often to avoid leaving witnesses. That's just a dandy idea.
    Then how about a sentence of "death by slow torture"?

    ** DanaRhea gets out his flameproof suit **

    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #46
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    ...they are saying that if you start executing rapists they'll be way more likely to kill their victims and not leave witnesses who could testify against them in court.
    So rapists don't care about dying?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Then how about a sentence of "death by slow torture"?

    ** DanaRhea gets out his flameproof suit **

    Hey, I would see the ****ers split from groin to gullet and then have a pack of hungry hogs turned loose on them while they try to hold in their own innards. But if it is going to make it more probable that a child will be killed after being raped, I can put that desire in check.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,034

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So rapists don't care about dying?
    Do murderers? If the death penalty was an incentive to NOT kill I think we'd have far less people killing by your argument wouldn't we? Because neither nor rapists stop to think about the legal consequences of their actions. They simply think they can get away with it. So obviously the death penalty is not an incentive to not rape or kill but merely a punishment. One that shouldn't rationally be applied to rapes.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 11-03-09 at 10:36 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #49
    Student
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    192

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    Public execution and then putting the body on display for all to see is the way our ancestors used to take care of such matters before lawyers and limp wristed psycholgists took over. Serves a good purpose of giving those prone to abberant behavior, especially young empty minds, time to reflect on where that life leads to. I am strong believer in bringing back unpleasantness, uncomfortness, and pain for criminals in our USA justice system much like Joe Arapaio has in Maricopa County Arizona.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Saudi rapist and murderer to be beheaded and crucified

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You know, I have never been a fan of the Saudi justice system. It is pretty barbaric. However, I think I can get with the program on this one.



    Article is here.
    He should've just married some child brides. Why the hell do you have to rape a kid in countries that legally institutionalize pedophilia? Glad that Saudi Arabia made a good call on this one anyway.

    EDIT: Let me guess - he was raping little boys (had he been raping little girls I bet he would've gotten off with about 10 years in prison)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •