Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al Megrahi discharged from hospital

  1. #31
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    05-25-10 @ 05:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    324

    Re: Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al Megrahi discharged from hospital

    Was not my post clear? One who commits mass murder should be either executed or imprisoned for life. They have forfeited their privilege of living free. They should never be released from secure custody.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al Megrahi discharged from hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Prison is supposed to be about rehabilitation as well as punishment, but at some point you can't really argue that people CAN be rehabilitated.
    don't waste time rehabilitating terrorists, just kill them.

    You don't rehabilite rabid dogs, do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Clearly, we need to give this guy more cancer. He owes us death by cancer, damnit. Can we remove cancer via surgery from one person and place it inside him? Does that work?
    Probably would.

    I think this guy should be given leprosy.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al Megrahi discharged from hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Keep him in prison until we know he won't commit more crimes.
    Agreed, once he's executed we'll know the terrorist can't commit any more crimes.

    It's pointless to keep them in prison after they're executed.

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    If he won't, then why keep him there? Yeah, it sucks, but I'd rather leave punishment to a more infallible judge, if you get my drift.
    I'm all for sending them onwards to get their 72 virgins as expeditiously as possible.

  4. #34
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al Megrahi discharged from hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Agreed, once he's executed we'll know the terrorist can't commit any more crimes.

    It's pointless to keep them in prison after they're executed.

    I'm all for sending them onwards to get their 72 virgins as expeditiously as possible.
    Yeah, I can't support the death penalty. It's self-defeating. If you support the death penalty and vote for it, and at least 1 innocent person is put to death, then you yourself are guilty of murder and should be put to death. Just separate those people from society who commit crimes. Let them associate with themselves. I don't see any reason why we need to give them anything. Just find a big area, fence and patrol it, and let them do what they will. I'd even be fine with them starting their own economy with exports and other trading. Just keep them away from us, that's all I want.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al Megrahi discharged from hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Yeah, I can't support the death penalty. It's self-defeating. If you support the death penalty and vote for it, and at least 1 innocent person is put to death, then you yourself are guilty of murder and should be put to death. Just separate those people from society who commit crimes. Let them associate with themselves. I don't see any reason why we need to give them anything. Just find a big area, fence and patrol it, and let them do what they will. I'd even be fine with them starting their own economy with exports and other trading. Just keep them away from us, that's all I want.
    I've no problem with executing terrorists. It's not like they're humans.

    Nope, my support of exeuting criminals convicted of certain crimes does not make me guilty if the system makes makes a mistake, no more than your lack of support makes you guilty when the system lets someone go who then murders again.

    Murderers have done the unforgivable, and should pay an irrevocable price for their crimes.

  6. #36
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al Megrahi discharged from hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I've no problem with executing terrorists. It's not like they're humans.

    Nope, my support of exeuting criminals convicted of certain crimes does not make me guilty if the system makes makes a mistake, no more than your lack of support makes you guilty when the system lets someone go who then murders again.

    Murderers have done the unforgivable, and should pay an irrevocable price for their crimes.
    So then who does get the blame for putting the innocent man to death? The lawyers? The jury? The judge? Somebody has to die for killing an innocent man. Who gets the death penalty?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al Megrahi discharged from hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    So then who does get the blame for putting the innocent man to death? The lawyers? The jury? The judge? Somebody has to die for killing an innocent man. Who gets the death penalty?
    Yehudi.

    Generally, if an innocent man is executed, it's the prosecutor's fault. No, no one has to die for a procedural failure, just like you don't execute the CEO of the American Rubber Ball company when a baby chokes. Accidents happen. Fix them, move on.

    But don't pretend people don't deserve to die at the hands of the state.

    Don't pretend that there are plenty of cases in which the guilt of the condemned is 100% certain and the chances of his being innocent are 0%.

    Examine why a supposedly innocent man is condemned and fix the system to prevent that particular failure in the future, don't say that the obviously guilty shouldn't be punished thoroughly.

    If a baby raper/killer leaves his DNA in his victim, with his victim's DNA in his car, with his tire impressions at the scene where the five year old's body is found, and his DNA is under her fingernails, then the case is shut before it was even opened, and that murdering scum should not spend decades on death row awaiting appeals. Fast track capital case appeals to end the travesty.

    As for this particular terrorist, he was guilty of killing everyone on a jet airliner. His compassionate release from his cancer should have involved being stood up before a cannon firing frozen hams at Mach 3.

  8. #38
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al Megrahi discharged from hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Generally, if an innocent man is executed, it's the prosecutor's fault. No, no one has to die for a procedural failure, just like you don't execute the CEO of the American Rubber Ball company when a baby chokes. Accidents happen. Fix them, move on.
    I see, so then the executor should die. That's fair enough.

    But don't pretend people don't deserve to die at the hands of the state.
    I really believe it. The state is not above us, it is us, so they have no right to kill us as we don't have the right to kill each other.

    Don't pretend that there are plenty of cases in which the guilt of the condemned is 100% certain and the chances of his being innocent are 0%.
    Those exist, but it also means nothing when you consider what I said above.

    Examine why a supposedly innocent man is condemned and fix the system to prevent that particular failure in the future, don't say that the obviously guilty shouldn't be punished thoroughly.
    The only way to do that is to make sure we don't kill people because we will always make mistakes. People will always be framed, someone will always try to beat the system.

    If a baby raper/killer leaves his DNA in his victim, with his victim's DNA in his car, with his tire impressions at the scene where the five year old's body is found, and his DNA is under her fingernails, then the case is shut before it was even opened, and that murdering scum should not spend decades on death row awaiting appeals. Fast track capital case appeals to end the travesty.
    If I'm the father, I have the baby's DNA under my fingernails, he has my DNA, his DNA will be in my car, and my DNA will probably be where the baby was found. What I'm trying to say here is that there will always be mistakes. Even in obvious cases you still have the problem of where to get the authority to kill.

    As for this particular terrorist, he was guilty of killing everyone on a jet airliner. His compassionate release from his cancer should have involved being stood up before a cannon firing frozen hams at Mach 3.
    He'll get justice when he perishes.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al Megrahi discharged from hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I see, so then the executor should die. That's fair enough.
    Yes, that's what I said once you strip away all the words an substitute your won.


    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I really believe it. The state is not above us, it is us, so they have no right to kill us as we don't have the right to kill each other.
    We have the right to kill those that commit murder.

    We grant the state the authority to act on our behalf in this matter because the state can be, should be, dispassionate.

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Those exist, but it also means nothing when you consider what I said above.
    I considered it, rejected it. I do have the right to kill those that kill my family. They've acknowledged that right by assuming they have the right to kill my family.


    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    The only way to do that is to make sure we don't kill people because we will always make mistakes. People will always be framed, someone will always try to beat the system.
    Nope, the case I mentioned was a specific case in whice Josa Avilla did kidnap, rape, and murder five year old Samantha Runnion. There's no valid reason this man should still be consuming oxygen.


    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    If I'm the father, I have the baby's DNA under my fingernails, he has my DNA, his DNA will be in my car, and my DNA will probably be where the baby was found. What I'm trying to say here is that there will always be mistakes.
    Give me a ****ing break.

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Even in obvious cases you still have the problem of where to get the authority to kill.
    The people give their authority to kill murderers to the state.

    No problems at all.

    The state is nothing more than an extension of the will of the people, with limits.

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    He'll get justice when he perishes.
    There is no god, so he'll get to enjoy his full live secure in the knowledge that he's been well fed and cared for, and there's no other side to dish out the "justice".

  10. #40
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset al Megrahi discharged from hospital

    So tell me, you get a group of people, say your family. They decide to make you in charge. You decide a son should be murdered. Are you justified?

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •